chapter 20

A Mortal's Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Looking around him, Luhan noticed that the trackers were on the ground. There once usual tanned skin was now a sickly blue. It had worked. Minha was able to kill them, but with a price. Her own body was starting to die just from the little amount of blood she placed on the knife. Once the blood had entered the trackers body, it was like all her energy moved towards killing them.

“Minha?” Tao whimpered as he looked down at her. He had grown fond of her, as so the other members. Xiumin and Chen looked away as Luhan cried into Minha’s hair. Kris clenched his fists as he watched Minha’s body shake.

Gripping her cold hand, Luhan gently squeezed it. “Minha, please open your eyes” Looking down at her he waited for her response but there was none. Cupping her cheek, Luhan let his tears fall. “Minha please I can’t lose you, I just can’t”

The sound of a twig snapping caught the wolf’s attention. Snapping their heads into the direction the sound came from, an elderly lady walked towards them. Jumping to his feet lay went to walk towards her but was stopped by Luhan.

“Wait, that’s the elderly lady from the town” Lay didn’t budge. His eyes were kept on her as if she would do something.

Looking down towards Minha, the elderly ladies heart ached. Looking up at the boys she spoke softly. “Bring her to my cabin; I have something that will help her” Luhan watched the elderly lady walk away from them. Looking down at Minha his heart tore.

Placing his hands around her waist and under her legs, he lifted her bridal style and followed behind the old lady. Kris watched Luhan’s heavy shoulders as he carried Minha away. His heart hurt and he wished there was something he could do.

Closing his eyes, he remembered the promise he gave to Minha’s mother before she passed away. He promised to keep Minha safe and out of harm’s way. So much for keeping her safe. I’m sorry my love, I failed.

Following behind Luhan, the rest of the group grew quiet. They knew what Minha had done would cost her, her life but they couldn’t stop her. Tao kept his eyes on the ground with heavy shoulders. Chen and Xiumin followed close to Luhan in case he broke down, as Lay kept an eye on Kris.

Lay knew he was suffering just as badly as Luhan was. Frowning, Lay looked towards the front. The small cabin came into view as the elderly lady pulled out a small key. Opening the door she turned around to look at Minha.  “My poor darling” Looking up she met Luhan’s sad eyes. He in printed her into his heart. With a small smile she motioned them into her cabin. “Place her down on the sofa.”

Luhan did what he was told. Kneeling down beside her, he grasped her pail cold hand and his heart broke. “Minha” he whispered but there was no reply.

Walking towards Minha, the elderly lady held out a small bottle. “Here” Luha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter