chapter 4

A Mortal's Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The six wolves pranced through the snowy forest in hopes to cover Minha’s tracks. The last thing they wanted was for the trackers to pick up to much of her sent. The black wolf Kris looked behind to see Luhan frantically trying to cover Minha’s scent. His face scrunched together slightly, but was brought out of his thoughts by a loud howl. The howl came from one of their members, Lay an orange wolf.

Trotting over towards the direction he heard Lay, his nose picked up on a new scent, one they were trying to stop from coming their way. Kris growled towards lay. Their scent is getting stronger. Lay bowed his head slightly, before looking down at the small village from a cliff. Do you think they have picked up her scent? Kris looked up at the night sky. His eyes closed as he tried not to think of that possibility. Their duty was to protect Minha. They were given strict orders to not let them find her.

I’m not sure. He whimpered. Lay moved towards Kris. Nuzzling the black wolf with the side of his head, a small whine left Lay’s throat. Let’s hope they haven’t because Luhan would panic. Kris nodded his head. Find the others; it’s about time we head back to the village. Lay gave one last look at Kris before dashing off into the thick forest.

Looking down at the small village, a figure caught Kris’s attention. It was Minha. She was walking around the village, as if she was looking for something. Kris’s red eyes grew brighter. A small growl released from his throat as he spun around and ran back to the village. It was dangerous for her to be out at night, especially when the trackers worked at night.

 

Walking around a small house, Minha picked up the sound of someone coughing. Following the sound of the voice, she managed to see a small boy under a small roof. He was cupping his hands for warmth as he blew into them. Minha’s heart tore at the sight. What is he doing out here? Why isn’t he back at his home? Walking towards the boy, she could see how cold he really was. His face was white and his lips a light purple. At the sound of Minha’s footsteps the boy’s head shot up.

“Hello, Mother?” He asked. Minha stepped into the light so she could be seen. The boy’s hopes vanished as he looked at her. “Are you okay?” Minha asked as she crept closer. “Why are you not in your home?” The little boy cowered slightly. “My mother was meant to pick me up from here, but she hasn’t returned from the forest” The boy sniffled as he rubbed his nose. Minha felt her heart break. “Come with me. You can stay at my cabin whilst I look for your mother alright?” Holding out her hand, the boy contemplated whether or not to trust her.

“It’s okay” Minha said. Smiling softly she nodded at her hand. “I promise I won’t hurt you” bitting his bottom lip, he cautiously slipped his hand into hers. Minha comfortingly squeezed his hand as she helped him stand. Once they reached her cabin, Minha wrapped the small boy up in her blankets. “Wear these okay, and stay by the fire it will keep you warm” The little boy nodded, a small smile filling his lips at the warmth. Heading towards the door, Minha made sure her scarf was wrapped tightly around her neck. “Stay inside. Don’t head out side at all, okay?” The boy nodded as he laid down on the small couch.

Smiling Minha left the cabin. The woods were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter