chapter 16

A Mortal's Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan groaned as he tried to sit up. Gently a hand pushed him down. “You need to rest” opening his eyes he gazed up at Minha’s worried face. “What . . . What happened?” Frowning Minha gently pushed him back down. “A spear pierced your side” frowning Luhan tried to take a look. All he could see was white bandages around his waist. “You didn’t heal me?”

Minha shook her head. “I knew you wouldn’t have wanted me to” a small smile filled Luhan’s lips as he gazed at her. “Where are the other’s?” he asked when he noticed no one around. “They went out to patrol” Minha gazed out of the caves hole. The stars were brightly shinning in the sky and the moon was full and at its peak.

Luhan frowned when he noticed her distant gaze. “Is something wrong” Minha didn’t answer him and he grew worried. Leaning on one of his elbows Luhan gently grasped her elbow. Startled by the sudden contact Minha turned her gaze to Luhan.

“Whats wrong? Tell me” lowering her eyes Minha sighed. “It’s about what the tracker said” tilting his head he waited for her to continue. “Did Kris have something to do with my mother?” Luhan stiffened at her question. Do I tell her? “Please I need to know. The tracker said that the alpha was too busy falling in love with my mother, is that true?”

Luhan didn’t answer instead a deep voice did. “He was lying” looking up towards the sound of the voice, Minha gasped when she spotted Kris. His eyes were dark red showing that he had only just transformed. “You don’t need to know about the past of any of us. You only need to know that we are your protectors. Do not get involved with our personal life it has nothing to do with you”

Kris’s words were full of anger as he spoke. Luhan frowned as he looked at his alpha. “Luhan” Kris said. “When you are healed you are to stay away from Minha, Lay will stay by her side whilst you stay at the front of the pack with me. Understood?”

Frowning Luhan shook his head. “Don’t take your sorrow and anger out on-““I am your alpha and you will listen to me!” Kris’s voice echoed of the walls. His eyes glowed brighter now. Growling Luhan stood to his feet, his eyes a bright blue.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter