Chapter 18

A Mortal's Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting on top of a large rock, Kris thought about what had just happened. He knew that Minha’s mother took her own life in order to try and kill one of the trackers; but unfortunately for her she wasn’t able to pierce the skin deep enough to kill the tracker. Yes it was able to make him sick for a while but it wasn’t enough to kill him.

Closing his eyes, Kris took in a deep breath. He wished he could have gone back to stop her just so he could be with her. He missed her care free self, the way she smiled and the way she cared so much for the injured.

The sound of a twig snapping caught his attention. His eyes shot open as he jumped from the rock only to see Luhan’s saddened expression. Clenching his fists, Luhan walked towards Kris.

“You knew about this didn’t you?” Turning his gaze away from Luhan, Kris focused on trying to sense any unwanted people.

“Answer me!” Luhan yelled.

 Kris turned around to face Luhan. “Yes I did because her mother did it right in front of my eyes.”

Frowning Luhan walked towards Kris. Grabbing his collar, Luhan glared into his eyes. “Then you should be trying to stop Minha from doing this” Smirking Kris pushed Luhan away with hard eyes. “It’s here choice”

Luhan felt rage fill his body as he thought about what Kris had told him. “I’m not letting the one I love get killed. Unlike you, I will definitely try everything to stop her” With a final glance towards Kris, Luhan made his way back towards the cave.

Kris sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. Guilt washed through his body but he knew that there was nothing he could do to stop Minha once she made up her mind. It was her decision in the end. Sighing heavily, Kris transformed into his wolf form before dashing off into the forest.

Back in the cave, Minha was reading over what she had to do in order to kill off the trackers. She knew that the knife was only able to kill one but she remembered her mother telling her that if she killed off the leader of the group, all of them would die.

Frowning Minha rubbed the back of her neck. It was sore from reading most of the night. Xiumin noticed that she loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter