Chapter 5

A Mortal's Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days were growing colder as winter finally started to take its toll. The villagers were talking about the heavy snow storm that was meant to be coming soon, meaning that the village could be snowed under. For Minha this was a problem. She still had drafts in her small cabin and not to mention the hole in the roof. Without a choice in the matter, Minha knew she had to go up and fix it.

Tying the laces on her boots, she wrapped her scarf tightly around her neck. Closing the door behind her Minha walked around the back of the cabin to where a wooden ladder laid covered in snow. Placing the ladder against the side of the house, she grabbed all the things she needed before climbing up to the roof.

For the wolves though it was nice. They enjoyed the snow more than they did the summer. Tao lay on the snow on his back whilst the rest of the group were looking around for something to do. Ah, if this is what life will be like looking after Minha, then I might just enjoy it. Tao purred from the back of his throat as he scratched his back on the snow. Lay watched as Tao rolled around like a fool, as if no one would see. As lay watched Tao, Kris came back from looking around the forest.

His eyes seemed darker than usual. Cautiously, Lay walked towards their leader. Is something wrong? Kris knew better than to hide anything from his group, even if it meant that the peaceful atmosphere would be broken. Kris looked around at his group, before he snapped his jaw to gain their attention. All four wolfs stopped their action’s, as they cautiously turned towards their leader. They’re on their way.

Everyone become stiff. They didn’t need to ask questions because they could sense it too. Walking towards the rest of the group Kris kept his eyes down. I went towards the last village about half a day out. Tao rolled back onto his stomach. Tilting his head a small whine left his throat. Are they close?

Kris nodded. The town was destroyed. No one was their anymore and by the looks of all the damage that was caus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter