Chapter 14

A Mortal's Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The very next morning the pack had woken Minha up early to get an early start. Kris walked in front of the pack in his wolf form. He frantically looked around as if he knew something was wrong. The rest of the group did the same, whilst Luhan tightened his grip on her hand. She could tell that they were all tense about the trackers, and she knew that it was her fault for bringing them into this even if they were sworn to protect her.

As they walked deeper into the thick forest, Minha started to recognise her surroundings. It was the same route she took to get into the town. Once they arrived at the bolder on the cliff, Minha turned around to look at the town but it wasn’t the once small town she was used to. The town that was once there was now up in flames.

Buildings had thick blankets of smoke bellowing from their roof, whilst others were just a pile of smouldering wood on the ground. Minha felt her heart stop beating at the sight of the town she grew to love in such a short amount of time, but one thing struck her mind. The little boy? I can’t let him get hurt. Pulling her hand out of Luhan’s grip Minha ran back down the slope. “MINHA!” Luhan yelled as he ran after her.

Kris released a growl from the back of his throat before he dashed down the slope after her, soon followed by the rest of the group. Luhan sensed Kris gaining on them and decided getting to Minha first would be the safest thing. A whine released from his throat before his body changed.

As Minha dashed down the slope her mind couldn’t stop thinking about that little boy. Was he safe? Was he injured? What about his mother? Shaking her head, Minha pushed her body to run faster. The sound of howls filled the air around her. They echoed through the forest sending chills down Minha’s spine.

As much as she was thankful for their help all these years, she knew that if they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter