Chapter 1

A Mortal's Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tales of creatures and mystical things have always been told to children as stories. No one thought they were true of course but Minha knew the truth. 

 

She was different from any other mortal out there. She had a special gift; although she thought it a curse she could heal people. But with a price. What ever damage had been done to the person would transfer over to Minha. 

 

She couldn't die from her injuries because she healed a lot faster than others, but it did bother her that there were people out there that were looking for her. Trackers. Trackers were a special group of people. They were trained to hunt down Minha and her mother. 

 

Sadly her mother did not survive when the trackers had found her. Minha's mother had sent her away knowing fully well that the trackers had found her. When Minha returned she found their hut a light. She knew the trackers would find her, so she ran. 

 

For six years she has been running from those people, trying to stay alive. But she was always protected. Whenever the trackers would think they were close to finding her, Minha's scent disappeared. Minha didn't know why the trackers suddenly left, but she wasn't going to stay around.

 

Minha was smart enough to know that big area's or villages would be too obvious to stay in because of the medicine, so she kept running until she discovered a small village. 

 

The village was surrounded by mountains that worked like a bowl, shielding the outside world and hiding any traces of a village. It was a perfect place to stay and hide in. As she made her way down the snow covered hill, she felt a familiar presence. Since her mother’s death, where ever she went she could feel something following her, as if it was going anywhere she did. 

 

"Mother" she whispered as she gently gripped the moon shape necklace tide around her neck. It was a gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter