I'll Be There

Beauty and the B2ST

"T-thank you!" I yelled at the taxi man in my awfully accented Korean. "Ugh. Dongwoon! Where does your accent go!?"  

"But Noona, what are you talking about? I !" he spoke in perfect, flawless Korean. 

"Liar." I accused. We walked inside the small apartment that Dongwoon's mom bought for us. It was really nice, actually. A lot better than I pictured it to be. It was fully furnished with bright, modern furniture, and had nice appliances, and nice beds. 

"I call this room!" I heard Dongwoon shout from somewhere. I walked towards the sound of his voice and finally saw him. 

"Hey! No! This is mine!" I yelled. It was a huge room with the best bed, the best desk, the best...everything! 

"Noona! I called it!"

"I'm older!"

"I'm younger!"

"That makes no sense!" we argued back and forth and finally decided that I would have the big room.

"Thanks, Dongwoon~" I cooed and hugged him. I wouldn't let go, so he tried to pry my arms off. That just made me squeeze harder. We laughed and played the whole rest of the day, until we were both passed out on my bed.  I woke up under my blanket with no Dongwoon next to me. I got up unsteadily; and almost fell over. When I wake up, I'm like a drunk. I stumbled into the living room because I heard sizzling. 

"Good morning Noona!" Dongwoon greeted me with a bright smile. Maybe he was still on a sugar rush...ugh whatever. He was more fun to be around like this. I smiled back. 

"Good morning, Dongwoon!" 

"I'm making breakfast! I'm making eggs, and bacon, and pancakes, and...yeah!" He counted everything off on his fingers.

"Hahaha! Okay, Mr.Chef!" I teased. Dongwoon grabbed the pan and scooted the bacon off of it onto a plate. 

"Ow!!" He suddenly exclaimed, dropping the pan, scattering bacon on the ground.  

"Dongwoon!" I ran over to him.

"Aish..." He blew on his hand. 

"Aww, Woonie. Lemme kiss it better." I worriedly teased. I grabbed his hand to reveal a big red mark. It was starting to peel and fester and become gross. I gasped and then threw on the first clothes I could find. I grabbed Dongwoon's non-injured hand and yanked him out the door. I called a taxi and directed him towards a hospital. It felt like a million years until we got there. We unloaded the taxi and I kept running until we were finally in the room.  "Nurse?" I asked. "Is it normal for a burn to do this?" I took Dongwoon's hand and shoved it in her face. 

"Oh...oh my that's a pretty severe burn... Are you okay?" she asked Dongwoon. He just nodded. "Okay then. Follow me, and we'll fix that right up." She smiled and led us to a room. 

"Dongwoon? Are you sure you're ok?" I asked. 

"Yeah. I'm fine," he sighed.

"Then why are you sad?" I asked softly.

"It just hit me that my audition is in less than a month! I'm so nervous..." Dongwoon held his head in his hands.

"Oh my god, Dongwoon. You're the best singer in the world! If you even do a fraction of what you could do, you would still get accepted.  I know you will do good." the nurse came back in and this time, she was with a doctor.  

"Okay, may I see your hand?" he asked nicely. Dongwoon gave it to him tenderly. "Now, describe the pain," Dongwoon cringed as the doctor ran his index finger over the huge mark. I squeaked when I saw it. He better not be hurting him... "Okay. The burn is not too severe, but it's not something that can be left alone." The doctor wrote some fancy paperwork and did whatever people do to burns-I wasn't watching. I could hear Dongwoon whimper every once in a while, and it was killing me. "He's done," the doctor tapped me on the shoulder. 

"Oh, thank you," I relaxed from my curled up position. I bowed politely and grabbed Dongwoon's hand.

 

We got back to our apartment and cleaned up the bacon on the floor-actually we ate most of it...but that's okay, it tasted really good.

Dongwoon and I sat on the fire red couch, watching Music Bank.  "Dongwoon," I started. "I'm gonna see you here on this show, right?" 

"Of course, Noona! Not only that, but I'll win first place!" he beamed. 

"Okay! Be sure to mention me though," I joked. 

"Of course, what else would I do?" we laughed together.

"But Dongwoon...if and when you get really busy, promise to not forget about me?" I said seriously.

"Noona, I could never forget you! How could you even say that?!" He exclaimed. Dongwoon readjusted himself so he was laying down, his head on my lap. "Jungah noona, don't ever worry about that. I'll always make time for you,".