ℂhapter 5

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    chapter five first fan meeting.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

“I don’t want to go,” Arang grumbled as she stared at Saeyoung who was grinning cheekily at her from across the room. She turned to her parents and frowned deeply. “There’s no way I’m going so please don’t try to coax me into changing my mind.”

Mrs So sighed apologetically and walked over to her eldest daughter. “Sweetie, it won’t be that bad. Please do this for your sister. Your dad and I don’t want her to go alone. There will be so many people and we don’t want her to get lost.” She placed a hand on Arang’s shoulder and softened her expression.

“But I already told Sae I wasn’t interested in going to meet some idol group. She’s old enough to take care of herself,” Arang countered as she crossed her arms against her chest. It was the day of the fan-signing event BTS was holding and although Arang had made it clear to her little sister that she had no intention of attending, Saeyoung would not take no for an answer. And what did she go and do? Run to her parents and tell them she didn’t feel safe going with just her friends.

Of course, Mr and Mrs So wanted their child to feel safe but neither of them was able to go. They didn’t know who they could ask to chaperone Saeyoung until she blurted out Arang’s name. The adults didn’t consider Arang as a candidate because they thought she would be working but Saeyoung assured them she was off. How did she know? She had checked her sister’s schedule beforehand! It was funny how everything seemed to work out to her liking.

Due to her stealthy tactics, Arang found herself stuck in situation she did not want to be in. She massaged her temples and flexed her jaw. “Please honey. It would mean the world to us,” her mother begged again and Arang had had enough. She went to her room and everyone was silent. Then they heard her door slam shut before she walked out with her wallet and phone in hand.

“One hour and then we’re out of there, you got that?” She looked at Saeyoung who immediately grinned.

“Loud and clear! You’re the best, unnie!” she praised, giggling before she left to gather her things as well.

After Mr and Mrs So gave them some cash in case they wanted to grab a bite, the two girls were out of the house and making their way to the bus-stop. While waiting, Arang plugged in her headphones and Saeyoung couldn’t help but look at what she was listening to. When she saw that it wasn’t the BTS playlist she had created, she scowled. “Unnie, why aren’t you listening to the songs I put for you?” Arang glanced down at her sister with a blank expression and just as she was about to answer her with silence, the bus pulled over to the curb. Without saying a word, Arang climbed on first and scanned her card. Next, Saeyoung followed suit.

Today there weren’t many people on the bus which meant plenty of available seats for the two. Sitting down by the window, Arang found herself captivated with the outside world just beyond the other side of the glass. The scenery wasn’t breathtakingly beautiful; it was just everyday life and that was what she found interesting. From where she sat, she could see dozens of people going on with their everyday lives. It was funny how easily she could decipher someone just from their expression or action.

Arang was lost in her own world when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She knew it could only be one person and unwillingly, she took out one earbud and turned to Saeyoung. “What?”

“Say cheese!” she beamed before snapping a picture. The flash blinded Arang for a moment as she blinked repeatedly so that the spots she was seeing would vanish. “Aw, you didn’t even smile,” the younger girl huffed as she stared at the picture. Yet, although her sister didn’t crack even the tiniest smile, she still looked gorgeous. Arang was definitely photogenic even though she barely took photos.

“I don’t like cameras,” Arang stated flatly as she put the earbud back in and returned her attention toward the window. Saeyoung crinkled her nose and stuffed the device back into her bag. It was clear Arang was still a tad bit upset with her but she knew once her sister met BTS, she would be glowing with joy. At least, that’s what she hoped for. Little did she know of the chaos that would be awaiting them.

The bus ride was a little over thirty minutes and when they finally arrived at their destination, Arang was shocked by the hoard of girls flooding the sidewalk. They were all carrying posters, cameras, notebooks and personal fan-signs. This only meant one thing; there was no turning back for her now. With a defeated sigh, Arang got up after her sister and filed off the bus. For safety, she removed her headphones and wrapped it neatly around her phone before she tucked the items into her pocket.

Girls were scurrying by them, too giddy and happy to even apologize for the small collisions they caused. Arang was growing annoyed as the estrogen-filled organisms continued to bump into her left and right without displaying any signs of remorse. She wanted to scream at them, tell them how desperate and crazy they all looked for being so aggressive for a group guys but decided not to. If she didn’t want to get hurt, she had to keep shut even if she hated the idea.

Arang wasn’t a coward when it came to speaking her mind, but she knew how ballistic fans, especially teenaged girls, could become if you insulted them, their idols or the insane state they were in because of their idols. At the moment, she was clearly outnumbered. She was opinionated not stupid. Even if it sounded incredulous, that didn’t alter the fact that it was true.

“Oh my god! I can’t wait to see V oppa!” one of the girls squealed as she kissed the small photo-card of the said boy she had been clasping onto tightly, afraid that she’d lose it. From behind, Arang sent her a disgusted look and rolled her eyes b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter