ℂhapter 39

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     chapter thirty-nine      natural.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________  

Byunghyun stared intensively at the boy stationed across from him. Taehyung mirrored his actions. “Sorry I’m late.” Arang rushed in and came to an abrupt halt at the booth. She altered glances between the two boys before she took a seat besides the latter. “What’s with your expressions? You guys look like you’re about to murder somebody.” Nobody answered her. Maybe it wasn’t such a grand idea for them to meet. Did she make a mistake?

Byunghyun was trying to resist the urge but couldn’t hold back anymore. He blinked and Taehyung instantly slapped his palms onto the table and shot up from his seat. “You blinked first! I win!” He boasted with a wide grin, startling the girl next to him.

“Damn it! That wasn’t fair! Arang messed me up! I want a rematch!” Byunghyun huffed, unwilling to accept his defeat.

“No way! I’m the champion! A deal’s a deal. You’re paying for lunch.” Taehyung sang happily as he sat back down.

“What’s going on? What are you guys talking about?” Arang questioned, baffled.

Taehyung turned her way. “We got bored waiting for you so Byunghyun proposed a wager. A staring contest. Whoever caved in first would have to buy lunch. And as you just witnessed, I emerged victorious. So order whatever you want because we’re not the one spending money.” He stated as he began to flip through the menu.

“You better not, So Arang. The maximum is fifteen dollars. Don’t go overboard, Taehyung or else.” Byunghyun warned. He thought he was going to win, he really did. He didn’t think Taehyung was a strong opponent; he was wrong.

“Byunghyun? Taehyung?” She repeated. Why weren’t they using honorifics? “Since when did the two of you get so close? This is the first time you’ve met.” She pointed out with an eyebrow quirked.

“Since thirty minutes ago,” Byunghyun chimed. “I thought I was going to hate Taehyung because of what I heard about him, but surprisingly enough he’s not as big of an as you said he was. He’s actually a pretty cool dude.”

“Right back at you, bro.” The other boy agreed as he held out his fist. 

Kim Taehyung a pretty cool guy? What universe was her friend living in? “This is weird.” She announced bluntly. “I didn’t think you were going to get along so well.”

Taehyung leaned back against and smirked. “I told you I had a way with people, didn’t I?”

“Oh please. You fell for my charms first.” Byunghyun snorted, rolling his eyes. “I’m completely irresistible, even to the same .”

Arang shuddered. “Great, now I have to deal with two egotists.” She then looked up at the ceiling. “God, what horrible sins did I commit for you to punish me like this?”

After, she was hit in the face with a paper coaster. “Stop being overdramatic, Arang.” Byunghyun snickered as he high-fived his new companion.

“Yeah, instead you should be asking how you got so lucky to be blessed with two gorgeous guys.” Taehyung jumped in. 

This time he invoked a loud scoff from the girl. “You’ve got to be kidding me.” Individually speaking, Byunghyun and Taehyung were tolerable. Sure, they managed to get on her last nerves but she was always able to restrain herself from snapping their necks and being thrown in prison for manslaughter. Together, however, it was a different story. It was double the trouble. There was only so much madness a girl could take. How could they tag-team her so shamelessly like this, especially Byunghyun? Did he not understand what loyalty was?

More bullets were fired from both ends. Insults and derisions were exchanged in a light and playful manner. Although some outsiders might assume the trio was on the brink of a nasty war, the truth was mockery and taunting were their unique ways of communicating with each other.

The waiter approached them a few minutes later, forcing them to settle down. Byunghyun ordered kimchi stew; Taehyung decided on spicy pork with tofu and Arang got a stone-hot bibimbap with bulgogi, her absolute favorite. It was inexpensive, filling and packed with loads of vegetables. Nature called and she had to excuse herself.

When she was out of sight, Byunghyun figured now was his chance. “Taehyung, I’ve been dying to ask this question since I walked in here but I wanted to observe how the two of you interacted first.” He paused, glanced around and leaned forward. “I know you’re not really dating Arang, but since you guys are pretending and all, how is it?”

The idol cocked his head to the side. “What do you mean?”

Byunghyun shifted in his seat before he specified his inquiry. “I mean, how is she as a fake girlfriend? Ever since I became friends with her, I always wondered what kind of girl she would be if she was in a relationship. I know she might seem intimidating and inapproachable, trust me, I’ve been there, but deep down she’s a good person. She can be rude and inconsiderate at times but that’s just one part of her.

Honestly, even though I’d never tell her this, she’s probably one of the most thoughtful and selfless people I know, especially when it comes to her family. She’d do anything for them.” He paused

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter