ℂhapter 24

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     chapter twenty-four      chef taehyung.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________  

With her patience wearing thin, Arang closed her eyes and exhaled. Her jaw was flexed as she tried to calm herself down. Taehyung had been at her house for far too long. It’s only been a little under an hour but to Arang it felt like he had been there for eternity. Yeah she was exaggerating but if you spent an hour with someone like Kim Taehyung you’d probably say the same exact thing. She was persistent with trying to chase him out with screaming and shouting but it looked like she had a better chance talking to a freaking boulder!

She even resorted to using violence (nothing on the extreme side of course) but that didn’t seem to faze him either. She would have called the police and told them that a burglar had broken into her house but if she did, there would definitely be a huge commotion. It wouldn’t be good for her or her family. They’d be main topic of all those chatty gossipers who had nothing else to do but laze around and narrate the lives of those around them. Arang did not want that to happen.

Currently they were in the living room, conducting separate activities. Taehyung was lounging on the sofa, watching a bunch of prank videos; those Japanese folks really knew how to crack people up. Arang, on the other hand, was stationed at the kitchen table. She was too preoccupied with burning holes and shooting daggers at the back of the boy’s head to do anything else. She didn’t understand how one person could drive her up the wall like this. All he did so far was sit on his phone and laugh his off like a complete lunatic! He could have done that at a bus-stop while waiting for a bus that would take him to his own house!

Suddenly an unattractive gurgling sound echoed through the deserted apartment. Arang hadn’t eaten lunch yet courtesy of a certain someone and her empty stomach was not helping Taehyung’s case at the moment. Since it looked like he wasn’t going to be leaving any time soon, she decided to fix herself up a quick meal. She scavenged through her cupboards and refrigerator which were all stocked. One would assume that the girl would whip herself up something scrumptious with so many ingredients at her disposal. However, Arang was never really skilled when it came to matters of the kitchen.

Mrs. So was the ultimate modern representation of a fifty’s housewife. She stayed at home all day, cooking, cleaning and catering to the needs of her husband and children without anyone asking her to. People would probably think that she was tired of having to do the same things over and over again. They most likely pitied her as well and honestly Mrs. So wouldn’t be afraid to tell those people to take their two cents and stick it somewhere else.

Everything she did was for her family and out of her own venture. Because seeing the people she loved and cherished happy filled her heart with joy. Being a mother to her was probably the most fulfilling job she could have ever wished for. She kept the house clean so that the chances of her children catching a cold would be slim. She cooked three overly satiating meals a day so that she was sure that their bullies were always content.

And that ladies and gentleman is why Arang here has very scarce and very limited knowledge of anything involving knives and a stove. She did, however, manage to learn the basics, like making plain ramen and eggs (fried, poached and scrambled) for example but that was pretty much it. Plus, it only happened because her mom wasn’t home at the time and she was starving.

The water was streaming out of the faucet and Arang positioned the pot underneath. Once she had collected a sufficient amount, she turned the faucet off and placed the pot on the stove. Hearing the igniting of the fire, Taehyung immediately ceased what he was doing and looked around. When he caught sight of Arang and the shiny red package on the counter, he bolted over to her. Arang spun around and jumped back, surprised at his sudden appearance. “What do you want?” She sniggered.

“Are you making ramen?” His eyes were glossy as he his lips.

“Yeah so?” She replied, pushing by him.

“Since you’re already making it, can’t you make me some too?” Arang shot him an I-hope-you’re-not-serious-or-you’re-going-to-die look which he disregarded. Taehyung then took notice of how there weren’t any other ingredients lying around. All he saw was the red packet of ramen and he crinkled his nose. “Aren’t you going to add anything?”

“Why would I?” Arang didn’t have the time to figure out what would harmonize well and what wouldn’t.

“You’re kidding, right?” Taehyung gaped. This was inhumane! Was this how she always ate ramen? Talk about being bland! “I can’t believe this. You’ve been living in the dark for too long.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter