ℂhapter 32

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     chapter thirty-two      practice makes perfect.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________  

The charisma and aura the boys were giving off while they performed were alluring and most definitely captivating. Arang wouldn’t argue with that. Never once did her eyes drift away from them. They had a way of entrancing their audience and it seemed so effortless on their part. Watching them live was an eye-opening experience for sure. The entire time the boys were on stage boisterous shrieks and chants echoed throughout the place. It was clear that despite the unavailable status of the group’s resident alien, their fans still loved and treasured each and every member. If they didn’t they wouldn’t be up this early, screaming their hearts out to cheer on their idols.

Arang kept a placid and collected countenance while Saeyoung had done the complete opposite. The younger So looked like she belonged amongst the crowd with all of her flailing and screeching. In fact at one point she had screamed so loud that Arang was surprised her sister hadn’t ruptured a lung yet. However, seeing how energetic and joyous Saeyoung was made her happy. That’s what counted. They might not always get along and be the best of friends but they were family. Arang would do anything for the people she loved. Even go to the moon and back if that’s what they wanted.

As the music reached its conclusion the Bangtan Boys struck their last and final pose, looking chic yet very rebellious at the same time.  The boys immediately bowed after and just before they exited the stage, the spectators took them by surprise. In perfect unison, the crowd chorused “Kim Tae Hyung, So Ah Rang. Please take care. We’re cheering you on.” A few people even held up posters that were plastered with photos of the lovely couple on the day of the press conference.

Of course Taehyung couldn’t walk off and ignore them. How could he? Yoongi gave him his microphone, and the boy turned to the audience. “Thank you all so much for your kind words. My girlfriend and I are beyond grateful to have such compassionate people standing behind us. Please enjoy the rest of your day. Until next time.” He sent another small bow to everyone before he followed his friends off the stage.

“What did you guys think?” Namjoon panted as he tried to steady his breathing.

“It was awesome!” Saeyoung exclaimed, giving them two-thumbs up. If she had more thumbs, she would have put them all up. That’s how amazing their performance was. “Did you hear the fans at the end, unnie? They know who you are! I told you, didn’t I? You’re a mini-celebrity amongst BTS’s fandom now!”

“Let’s not get too excited here.” Jungkook grumbled as he stared Saeyoung down like a hawk ready to swoop down and snatch its prey. “Not everyone will be as nice as those fans were just now.”

“I already knew that,” Saeyoung announced, slightly irritated. Who was he to ruin her mood? He should’ve kept his mouth shut. He was a thousand times more attractive when he wasn’t talking. Why was he butting in anyways? The last time she checked, she had been addressing Arang, not him. “But it’s always comforting to know that there are people out there who believe in them, isn’t it?”

Jungkook was about to give his rebuttal when Hoseok grabbed his arm and shook his head. It wasn’t the appropriate time for them to be discussing such private affairs. Although the youngest member wanted to put Saeyoung in her place, he had to refrain from doing so. The group couldn’t afford any more scandals or rumors. It was too dangerous, especially because Taehyung’s relationship with Arang was still a trending topic. If he wasn’t careful, Jungkook could be the next member to be in the spotlight. He didn’t want that. All he wanted to do was focus on his dreams.

“Here,” Arang held a handkerchief out and Taehyung glanced down at it, nearly going cross-eyed during the process.

“What am I supposed to do with that?” He questioned.

The girl sighed and took a step toward him. She raised the fabric up and naturally Taehyung flinched, thinking that she was going to hit him. His composure relaxed when she began to wipe away the perspiration that had formed on his face.

“Oh my god. I can’t watch them anymore. Let’s go guys. Why don’t I have someone doing that for me?” Yoongi huffed as he and everyone else left the two lovebirds alone.

“I can do it for you.” Saeyoung squeaked, taking out her own handkerchief.

“Really?” The older male crooned.

Arang and Taehyung didn’t even hear what Yoongi had said about them. Their minds were preoccupied by other things. “Lift your hair up.” She mandated. Without skipping a beat Taehyung pushed the hair away and watched as Arang gently patted his forehead. “Keep it. It’s full of your sweat. I’m not putting it back in my bag.” She stated as she stuffed the hanky into his palm.

He stared at the cloth sitting in his hand and then up at the girl who was sauntering away. Next he ran up after her and was able to catch up. “Aren’t our fans the best?”

“They’re loud. I’ll give them that.” She declared. “I just found it really weird. Did they have to do that chant? It was so cheesy.”

“Hey, at least they’re not throwing eggs and flour at us. Which one would you prefer?” It was a no brainer. “Exactly.”

“Good job out there. Who knew you could actually sing and dance? I sure didn’t. I almost had a heart attack because I was so astounded.” She stated mockingly.

“Of course I can sing and dance. If I didn’t, do you think I would have been able to debut?” Taehyung snorted.

“That’s debatable.” Arang hummed.  

“That was a rhetorical question.” He sneered lightly.

She stopped and turned his way. “Hold on, you know what rhetorical means?”

“Ha ha, you’re hilarious, So Arang.” The boy deadpanned. “Anyways, are you doing anything after this?”

They entered the waiting room and she thought about the inquiry. “I don’t think I am. My parents didn’t tell me anything. Why?”

“Do you want to hang out with us?”

She quirked a brow, “And do what?”

“I don’t know. Stuff?” He answered vaguely.

Arang crinkled her nose. “As thrilling as that sounds, I think I’m going to pa—”

Her statement was cut short by Saeyoung who clearly didn’t realize that the conversation did not involve her. “Of course we’ll hang out with you guys, oppa.”

Two or three hours had gone by. The boys weren’t allowed to leave yet since they had to be present when the winners of this week’s broadcast were announced. Although they were aware that they weren’t going to be receiving the trophy, they had to stay behind and show respect to their seniors. Saeyoung was busy conversing with Seokjin while everyone else watched the other groups perform on the monitor. Arang was struggling to remain conscious. She hated waking up early and today was no exception. She was on the couch, sitting beside Taehyung. Her head would fall to the side every now and then and the boy took notice. If she wanted to sleep, she could have told him. Her foolish actions made him smile. At last an assistant returned and called for the boys. Arang and Saeyoung decided not to go and wait for them there.

After the last segment was recorded, they were all free to leave. It was about time.

“Would you girls mind waiting outside? We’re going to change.” Seokjin requested and although drool was starting to pool in Saeyoung’s mouth, Arang dragged her out of the room. The door closed behind them and Saeyoung immediately threw a tantrum.

“Why did you do that? I wanted to see them change. I wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter