ℂhapter 28

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     chapter twenty-eight      beloved oppa.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________  

Arang woke up and rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand. Yawning, she managed to find her way to the bathroom half-asleep. She turned the faucet on and let the water run for a minute as her head bobbed back and forth. She had the strangest nightmare and she was relieved that she had finally broken free from it. Cupping her hands underneath the cold water, Arang splashed her face with the icy liquid in order to wake herself up. Her nightmare you wonder?

Well she had dreamed that she had gone on national television and lied to the entire country about being in a relationship with the ever so maddening Kim Taehyung. And if that wasn’t enough, the boy had been nice to her! He had brought her home and helped her set up the table for dinner! Kim Taehyung having supper with her family? As if. The girl shook her head at the idea. There’s no way she’d allow something like that to happen.  

After she had freshened up, Arang exited the bathroom. She scavenged the refrigerator for something edible because she was starving. Why was she so hungry? Next Saeyoung skipped out of her room, spinning and twirling around as though she was in la-la land. A jolly tune was being hummed and Arang turned to look at her sister. “What’s gotten into you?” She questioned. Without warning the younger girl enveloped Arang in her arms and gave her a tight squeeze.

“You’ve worked hard, unnie.” She mused as she thoughtlessly patted Arang’s head.

Arang pursed her lips out while creases formed on her forehead. Why was Saeyoung acting weirder than usual? Especially so early in the morning? Smoothing her hair, Arang returned to her room still baffled. She flopped onto her bed and landed on her stomach, her face buried between the sheets. Why were her feet hurting? Suddenly a perky beat started bouncing off of the walls. She recognized it to be a verse from Girls’ Generation hit song Oh! which had been released back in 2010.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Opparul saranghae. Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Mani mani hae. Sujubuni jebal utji mayo. Jinshimini nollijido marayo. Tto babo gatun mal punnya~

Arang wasn’t a fan of theirs; their concepts and style didn’t suit her taste. So where was the music coming from?  Her eyes scanned the room and she got up, curling her hair behind her ear. She was listening to the line being repeated over and over again and was trying to use her ears to help locate the source. Finally she discovered that the music had been coming from her bag. More precisely from her phone? With furrowed brows she stared at the caller who was listed under the name: My Beloved Oppa ♡

“Who the heck?” Reluctantly Arang slid the green icon across the screen and held the device to her ear. “Hello? Who is this?” She questioned immediately. Last time Arang checked she didn’t have anyone listed as oppa in her contacts. This was the first time she’s seen something like this. Was someone pulling a prank on her? Saeyoung perhaps? It would explain her odd behavior from earlier.

“Do you like what I did?” A familiar voice teased over the line. There was no way. “Now I have your number and you have mine. We won’t have to rely on emailing anymore.”

“Kim Taehyung?” Arang’s jaw slacked open in utter disbelief. When did he have the time to insert his information into her phone and set that ringtone?

The boy clucked his tongue and snapped his fingers, “Bingo.” He confirmed. “I think the personalized ringtone was a nice touch. Don’t you think?”

What was going on? “Yah, when did you take my phone? I don’t recall ever leaving it alone with you. How did you even figure out my passcode?”

“Easy,” Taehyung declared. “Aesook told me. After dinner last night she had wanted to play games. So thinking on my toes, I told her that my phone didn’t have any games on it and we should use yours instead. You can guess what happened after that part right?”

“Wait, after dinner?” She repeated. Oh no. Don’t tell her that the nightmare she had was all real! Arang rushed out into the living room and turned the television on. She fumbled back and fell onto the couch. She had tuned into the entertainment channel and all she saw were pictures of herself and her so-called boyfriend during the press conference. The events from yesterday ran through her head like a short horror montage and the remote in her possession slipped from her hand and landed on the floor. So every single thing she thought was part of her dream had actually happened?

“Hello?” Taehyung didn’t hear anything but the reporters talking.

Still stunned, Arang slowly lifted her phone as she stared at the television screen. “Y-yah Kim Taehyung, did we really go on national television last night?”

“Of course,” he confirmed immediately. “Are you feeling okay? You fell asleep before you got to have dinner. You should eat a big breakfast to fill that gigantic appetite of yours. You must be starving.”

“Yah!” Arang shouted as she jumped to her feet. “Do you think eating is what’s important right now?” She started to pace back and forth, her free hand clawing at her scalp. “I can’t believe I agreed to do that. I must have lost my sanity.”

“Noona, why are you yelling?” Younghae came out of his room, scratching his head.

“Nothing. It’s nothing.” Arang babbled, fleeing to her room. What had she done?

“Why are you overreacting?” She heard Taehyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter