ℂhapter 46

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    chapter fourty-six   only fair.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

____________________________________________  

Taehyung's world seemed to have frozen. It was as though someone had hit the pause button and immobilized everything around them. The only thing he could feel at the moment was Arang's lips grazing against his. What... what was going on? Why was she kissing him? Then it hit the boy like a ton of bricks. Did Arang like him as well? If this was the case, then shouldn't he tell her that his feelings were mutual?

It was only fair.

Allowing his eyes to shut at last, Taehyung turned to lie on his side and moved in closer. Next, he secured a hand on the back of Arang's neck and deepened the kiss.

Was this a dream? He was actually responding to her kiss? Arang's body flooded with relief. This was a confirmation, wasn't it? Maybe there was hope for the two of them after all. As they finally broke apart to catch their breaths, Taehyung caressed Arang's cheek and gazed into her eyes, the corners of his lips curved upwards. "I've got you hooked now, don't I, So Arang?" He whispered in a slightly arrogant manner. She wasn't upset with him though. She knew he was harmlessly teasing her.

That one phrase echoed in her head and she bit back a smile. Back then she might have laughed at the mere thought of liking Taehyung, however, now it was a completely different story. He was right. She was hooked, like a fish on a line and she didn't mind. But since he wanted to , she decided that she wasn't going to disclose her innermost thoughts so easily.

Arang swatted his hand away and sat up. Why was her face scalding hot? Oh yeah. She had just experienced her first real kiss and the guy she was interested in didn't seem the least bit repulsed by what had happened.

She cleared and scoffed out loud. "As if," she denied.

Taehyung chuckled and followed suit. "Are you sure about that?" He questioned, highly amused. It was clear that he found the situation entertaining. Despite her abrupt change in behavior, he was aware that So Arang was not the type of person who acted recklessly. She was not the kind of girl that would lock lips with just anybody and proceed to feign innocence.

This meant that she was trying to trick him! He wasn't going to fall for it. He'd be an idiot if he did. The kiss she initiated had to be significant; there must have been a reason for her to do something so brazen. The only logical explanation he could come up with was that her heart was a reflection of his own.

She whipped her head toward his direction and stuck her nose up into the air. "What about you?" She countered. "If you asked me, it seems like I'm the one that's got you hooked."

"You do." He answered immediately, without a single sign of reluctance, which definitely caught the girl off guard. 

"What?" Arang swallowed, dumbfounded. She didn't think Taehyung was going to be this straightforward with her.

Taehyung leaned in, a smug smirk swinging on his lips. The intimate distance caused Arang to shrink away. She was still an ordinary girl. It was normal for her to by shy and flustered because of the person she fancied. Unfortunately for her, she was not able to increase the distance since Taehyung refused to let her. "Now it's your turn." He declared.

She swallowed as she tried to steady her excited heart. "My turn to do what?"

How long was she going to keep denying it? The boy quirked a brow. Although his exterior was suave, internally speaking, he was going insane with happiness. Over the years, many girls from his school have professed their undying love to him. He was flattered, of course. Some of them were pretty, too.

However, the girls would always use social media as the medium of exchange. None of them ever mustered the courage to talk to Taehyung in person which was why he never thought twice about them. How could they love him when they've never even spoken before?

This—this was the first time a girl was ever brave enough to approach him. Despite the lag with the verbal confession, Arang's kiss was all Taehyung needed to realize that she was, in fact, purging her innermost feelings to him. Why else would she kiss him? If she wasn't going to tell him what he already knew, he would force it out of her one way or another. "To admit that I've got you hooked," Taehyung declared candidly.

Their eyes were locked the whole time and the direct gaze made her feel dizzy. "I-I," Arang stuttered, her nerves getting the best of her. She was perfectly fine a minute ago. Why was she fumbling over her words now? She never had a problem forming coherent sentences before, especially with Taehyung. So why was she finding it rather difficult to say something—anything?

"You like me, don't you?" Taehyung questioned. His lips were currently molded into a beautiful and genuine smile. He proceeded to curl a strand of hair behind her ear and Arang flinched, not accustomed to the act. He was too close. No, that's not it. He wasn't close enough. "Well you know what? I like you, too." Taehyung pronounced at last, causing the girl to go rigid as she stared at him with her mesmerizing chocolate brown orbs.

The dazed expression on her face lengthened his smile as he pulled back and stared out into the open water. The rays from the beaming sun gave off the illusion that the ocean was sparkling. Taehyung didn't utter another word as he tried to arrange his thoughts accordingly.

What was he doing? An array of emotions was whirling around inside of him. This was the first time he had ever said such a thing to a girl. This was the first time he's actually liked a girl so much that he boldly confessed his feelings. Was he doing it right? Whatever, he would just have to be honest and tell her whatever wandered into his mind. Inhaling deeply, Taehyung continued.

"I like your sassy remarks. I like your stubbornness. I like how you pretend like you aren't nice, when you really are. I like the way you smile, especially if it's because of me, but most importantly, I like how happy you make me." He breathed as he turned back and fixed his eyes on her.

Arang was still frozen like a statue and god, did she look gorgeous with those flushed cheeks and damp hair. Her brain took a couple of minutes to comprehend his words and just as she pried her lips apart to reply, a loud hiccup slipp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter