ℂhapter 35

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     chapter thirty-five      the idol magnet.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________  

Covertly, Taehyung stole glimpses of Arang from across the table. She was chewing on her nails and anxiously tapping her foot against the tiled floor. Apparently she didn’t comprehend the word relax. He had never witnessed her in such a frantic state before and now that he had, he realized that So Arang was a normal human being like everyone else in the world.

To be honest, Taehyung had always thought that she wasn’t capable of feeling any kind of emotion but as time flew by he realized his assumption was invalid. She wasn’t a robot. There were instances where the girl got scared, worried, nervous, or happy like him.

It was already bad enough that Saeyoung was gone. So when the couple found out that Jungkook was also missing, Arang nearly fainted. What was a kid like him thinking? Didn’t he know that it was dangerous for him to be out at a time like this, especially because he was an idol?

Crazy, psychotic fans could be waiting for the perfect opportunity to kidnap him!

Now she had to worry about two thoughtless teenagers!

Taehyung had attempted to calm her down. It obviously didn’t end well. The rest of the members were quiet. No one said anything in fear of the wrong words slipping out.

Finally the door to the dorm opened and Arang was the first to react. She was greeted with the sight of her sister and the knots in her stomachs vanquished. “Thank god you’re okay! I was worried sick.” She cried, enveloping her sister into her arms.

“I’m sorry for running off like that.” Saeyoung apologized as they broke apart.

“As long as you’re safe that’s all I care about.” Arang pronounced, alleviated.

Taehyung joined them and patted the younger girl’s head. “It’s good to have you back, but next time don’t leave, unannounced like that ever again. Your sister has probably aged another ten years due to the stress you caused. If it happens again, you’ll be in big trouble. Do I make myself clear, young lady?” Arang quirked a brow. Didn’t he know how odd he sounded? Why was he talking like he was her father or something? This didn’t fit Kim Taehyung at all. She thought that Saeyoung was going to ignore him; to her astonishment the girl nodded obediently.

Arang was beyond stupefied at their interaction. Since when did the two of them get so close? She managed to snap out of her trance only when her eyes landed on Jungkook who was still standing by the door, his gaze fixated on his feet. The fury and rage she had towards him disintegrated into thin air and to everyone’s surprise (including her own), she dragged him in for a hug. “Thanks for bringing her back and returning safely.” She muttered.

Her heart was now as light as a feather. Yes, Jungkook might have been the reason for Saeyoung’s disappearance but he didn’t need to go out of his way to find her and bring her back. The fact that he did told Arang he was a reliable and trustworthy person, despite his young age. Of course she was worried about him. He was still a kid like Saeyoung and if anything had happened to him, she would have been responsible. Fortunately they both returned, unscathed.

“I’m sorry about what I said to you earlier. I wasn’t thinking straight. I’m just glad you guys are alright.” She pulled away and Taehyung tried his best to conceal the envy he was currently drowning in. What was today? National So Arang Hugs Everyone but Kim Taehyung Day? Why couldn’t she hug him like that while they were in his room? What was she trying to do? Make him jealous on purpose? Because if she was, the joke’s on her! Taehyung could care less.

After resolving the issues at bay, Saeyoung and Arang bade the boys a goodbye. Taehyung offered to take them home and was allowed to. The three of them were in his car, sitting in complete silence. Saeyoung was staring out the window, immersed in her own thoughts while her sister would peer back to see what she was doing every now and then. Taehyung, the designated driver, was trying his best to focus on the paved road in front of him. However, he was having a hard time since all he could think about was Arang embracing Jungkook.

What the heck was wrong with him? She was simply displaying her appreciation. He was just overthinking things now. Before they knew it, they had arrived at the apartment complex. Saeyoung was the first to leave. She thanked the older boy for the ride and apologized again for the trouble she created. Arang had her fingers coiled around the handle and Taehyung quickly coughed in order to capture her attention. “Do you need something?” She asked.

He cleared his throat and turned her way. “Uh—” What was he going to say? Why the hell did he stop her from leaving anyways? Weeks ago he couldn’t even stand being within twenty feet from her and now look at him!

“Thank you.” Arang hummed before the corners of her lips curled upward into a subtle smile. “For being here for me again. My debt to you is really starting to pile up, Kim Taehyung. Make sure you drive carefully since it’s dark out. Call me once you get back so I know you didn’t get into some kind of freak accident, okay?”

All Taehyung could do was nod. Helplessly, he watched as she exited the vehicle. Before entering the building, she waved at him one last time. He couldn’t help it as his lips curved into a smile and he returned the gesture.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter