ℂhapter 14

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    chapter fourteen  the meeting.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

“We’re sorry for showing up without an appointment.” Mrs So glanced over to her passive husband and silent daughter. Neither of them had uttered a single word since their arrival at Big Hit Entertainment. It was mainly because they didn’t know what to say. Arang was seated in the middle. Her father was located to her left side and her mother to her right.

“Oh no, it’s all right. I told Arang that my door would always be open for her.” Director Wan smiled. “I’m glad to see you again.” If only the girl was able to say the same thing.

“I don’t know if you already know this, Director, but we recently found out that our daughter is dating someone,” Mrs So began hesitantly. “I know you might be wondering why this should concern you but if that wasn’t shocking enough for us, we also discovered that apparently her boyfriend is a singer under your label.”

“Her boyfriend?” the woman repeated, stunned. Then she put the pieces together and the smile on her face broadened. “Ah that’s right, her boyfriend.” She nodded, her tone light and pleasant. “Our agency has already been notified of their relationship.”

“I see. So you were already aware. Although we’re not the type of parents who would prohibit our children from dating whomever they like, we still have to think about what’s best for them,” Mrs So continued.

“Of course,” Director Wan agreed. She was beginning to love where this was all going. It looked like things were going to work out the way she wanted them to.

“However, I don’t know if Arang dating an idol will be good for anybody.” Mrs. So sighed. “Honestly, as a mother I think that it would be best if they ended their relationship.” Those words perked Arang’s interest almost immediately. Maybe she wasn’t screwed after all!

“I understand how you feel but I assure you that our company will do our best to ensure that no harm comes to your daughter. As a mother, don’t you want her to be happy? If dating our Taehyung makes her happy, who are we to stand in her way?” Director Wan reasoned politely. She didn’t want to seem like she was telling Mrs So how she should raise her children.

“What you’re saying does have a point…” Mrs So started to nibble on her bottom lip as she glanced at Arang. Realizing that her mother was close to giving in, Arang decided that it was time for her to speak up and give her opinion on the matter.

“My mom’s right,” she cut in. She saddened her tone and slapped on a crestfallen expression. “I mean, before Taehyung and I started dating he was still a trainee but now that he’s finally debuted, the circumstances are much different from what they used to be.” Her answer was sheer brilliance and Arang mentally patted herself on the back.

Director Wan was a bit confused as to what Arang was doing then she assumed there might have been a misunderstanding between them. She registered what the young girl was trying to do and quietly applauded her. She was much smarter than she had expected. The older woman refused to concede. What would be better than getting the adults’ approval? “I’m sorry to hear that, Arang, But doesn’t love conquer all? Have you even talked to Taehyung about this? I’m sure he would be devastated if he knew that you were considering a breakup.”

Arang wanted to openly gag but she knew she couldn’t.

“Taehyung, is that his name?” Mr So inquired, breaking his silence. 

“Yes it is. He’s actually on his way here as we speak. When he heard you were all coming he was beyond ecstatic. He said he couldn’t wait to meet you and formally introduce himself,” Director Wan explained.

Arang knew that she was lying though. What a load of bull-crap. It seemed like Director Wan came prepared and ready to go all out. Why did she have to be so reckless? If she hadn’t been so caught up in the moment arguing with Saeyoung, none of this would have happened! Just then there was a knock at the door. “Come in,” the woman permitted.

When the visitor entered, Arang rolled her eyes and slouched in her chair. “Hello Mr and Mrs So, it’s so nice to finally meet you. I’m Kim Taehyung.” Taehyung performed a small bow to display his respect to the elders and the married couple glanced at each other for a brief second before they nodded their heads. He was dressed in casual attire yet he still looked very handsome.

“It’s nice to meet you as well,” Mrs So answered. “You’re Arang’s boyfriend?”

“Yes I am,” he confirmed proudly. He flashed his pearly whites and turned to Arang. “How’s my sweetie pie doing today? Did you miss me? I missed you so much,” he gushed.

Arang was repulsed by his behavior but did her best not to let her feelings show. She forced herself to smile but did not answer his question.

“You’re very handsome,” Mr So complimented.

“Ah, thank you,” Taehyung mused.

“Too handsome for my liking in fact. Boys with pretty faces tend to be jerks and players,” the man finished, putting Taehyung in a rather awkward position. Oh how right he was.

“I promise you that I am neither a jerk nor a player, sir. I only have eyes for Arang.” The girl nearly choked on her own saliva hearing the crap spilling out of Taehyung’s lips. Seeing her mother smiling as her father nodded his head again made her want to face-palm herself. She couldn’t believe that they were actually buying Taehyung’s little act. “But what brings you all here today? Is something going on that I don’t know about?”

This was her chance. “Actually, we were talking about our relationship and how it’s not goo—”

“How long have you been dating our daughter?” Mrs So intentionally interrupted Arang because she didn’t want the boy to know about what they had been discussing before his arrival.

“Us? We’ve been dating for a little over a year now,” Taehyung replied right away.

“Really?” Mrs So gaped, dumbfounded. She looked at her daughter in disbelief. “You were in a relationship for that long and you never bothered to tell us?”

“Mom, that’s because—”

“It’s my fault, mam. I asked her not to tell anyone until after I debuted. I wanted to become somebody before I introduced myself as So Arang’s man.”  Taehyung hung his head low and continued, “I’m sorry we waited so long to tell yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter