ℂhapter 31

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     chapter thirty-one      thoughtful.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________  

The sun had barely breached the horizon. Nearly everyone in the apartment was dozing off with the exception of one person. Arang was enjoying her sleep like everyone else when she was so rudely interrupted. Saeyoung had barged into her room, unannounced. She was practically bouncing off of the walls as she shook her sister. “Unnie! Wake up!” She screamed, her excitement gushing out copiously.

“Go away, Sae.” Arang groaned as she yanked the blanket over the head.

The younger girl did not listen. Instead, she frowned and ripped the covers off of Arang. “No! We’re going to miss the first recording if you don’t hurry!” She cried.

“What recording?” Arang mumbled groggily, forcing herself to sit up. It was too early for this nonsense. All she wanted to do was snuggle into her sheets and get trapped within dreamland. Why was her sister making it so difficult for her?

“What do you mean what recording?” Saeyoung gawped in disbelief. “You promised me you were going to take me to watch BTS perform.” She reminded.

A yawn slipped out. “I am.” Arang assured.

“Well, wait are you waiting for? Get up! The first recording is starting in thirty minutes!” Saeyoung exclaimed. She jumped onto the bed and grabbed the other girl by the arm. With a lot of effort she was able to drag Arang over to the bathroom.

“What time is it anyways?” Arang questioned, turning on the faucet.

“5:30,” Saeyoung chimed nonchalantly. “I’m going to put some more perfume on. It’s going to be so hot and crowded in there. I don’t want to smell like sweat and desperation. Don’t take too long.” She ordered before she skipped out.

“Five what?” Arang balked after she had splashed some cold water onto her face. “Who the hell performs at six in the morning?” She shook her head and sighed. Maybe she should have asked what time the performance was. How could she forget such an important detail? If she knew she’d be waking up this early, she would have rejected the invitation without a second thought. Upon returning to her room, Arang checked her phone and saw ten new notifications sent within minutes from each other.

They were all from the same person, Kim Taehyung. The first seven were all text messages while the last three were calls. The first message inquired whether or not she was awake. The second one assumed that she was still passed out since she hadn’t responded to his last text; and the rest of the messages were him demanding her to wake up or else she’d miss a show of a lifetime. He had even gone as far as to leave a voicemail for her in her inbox.

Not sure what to expect, Arang pressed the play button and held the phone to her ear. She could hear indistinct chattering which was then followed by Taehyung speaking. “So Arang, how much longer are you going to sleep? You’re going to miss our first recording if you don’t wake up right now. You have to show up. You already made a promise to everyone. You’d be a terribly terrible person if you didn’t keep your word.”

He yawned midway and Arang couldn’t help but chuckle at the pre-recorded segment. It was obvious that he was tired yet he still somehow mustered the strength to lecture her about keeping promises? Shouldn’t he have used what little time he had to take a quick nap? “You better be here before we go on or else I won’t forgive you. I really mean it, So Arang. Don’t think I’m joking around.”

A loud scoff echoed through Arang’s room as she rolled her eyes, the corners of her lips curled upwards without her consent. As if she’d be scared of him. What could he do to her? Annoy her to death? If they were playing poker, she’d call his bluff right off the bat. That’s how conspicuous he was. Usually Arang would delete the messages she had already listened to from her inbox just to open up more space on her device but strangely enough she left Taehyung’s voice message alone. There was no harm in saving one message.

Too lazy to exert too much energy, she picked out the first articles of clothing to come into contact with her fingers. She didn’t really care what she looked like at this point. It was way too early for her to be coordinating the outfit she’d be trapped in for the rest of the day. It’s not like her attire was something interesting anyways. Dressed in a pair of laced white shorts accompanied by a silky, lavender blouse that exposed her shoulders, Arang stumbled out of her room in the midst of tying her hair up into a ponytail.

Saeyoung was waiting out in the living room. When she heard footsteps, she snapped her head to the left. “Is that how you’re going to wear your hair?” She asked skeptically.  The outfit Arang had on was totally cute but that plain hairstyle didn’t match well with it.

“What’s wrong with it?” Arang replied. “Didn’t you say it was going to be hot?”

“It is but you’re going to have to look your best. You don’t know who you’ll run into. What if some fans realize who you are and try to snap some photos of you? You’re practically a mini-celebrity now, unnie.” Saeyoung reasoned.

“You’re overthinking it. I’m sure no one will be able to recognize me. It’s not like I look horrible. I’ll be fine. Now let’s get going. I want to come back as soon as possible so I can be reunited with my beautiful bed.” Arang casted one last longing look at her closed bedroom door before Saeyoung ushered her out of the apartment.

“Here,” Arang handed Saeyoung one of the passes she had been given yesterday while she kept hers in her shoulder bag.

“I can’t believe this is really happening.” Saeyoung stared at the special visitor’s pass and clutched it into her chest. In less than fifteen minutes she’d be in the same building as some of her favorite performers! This was practically a dream come true for her! How could she get so lucky?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter