ℂhapter 41

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     chapter forty-one      hold on.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________  

Lately, Taehyung’s mind has been rather chaotic. The reason? There was only one.

So Arang.

On numerous occasions, the boy had caught himself thinking of the devil in disguise and it baffled him. He didn’t know how she managed to invade his thoughts without his permission, it sort of just happened without him knowing. But that wasn’t what bewildered him. He’s thought of her plenty of times prior, especially because he couldn’t stand her.

What Taehyung couldn’t properly wrap his head around was the fact that every time Arang waltzed onto the scene, his heart would suddenly thump a little faster while his stomach knotted up. What was wrong with his body? Did he catch a cold? That couldn’t be it. Did someone put a hex on him? Was he going to die? He had never experienced these symptoms before. It was the first time he had felt like this. It was foreign and new; in other words, the sensation was alienated. It wasn’t bad though. It was just… different.

A refreshing kind of different.

Then Taehyung had an epiphany. A light bulb went off in his brain. If he wanted to find out what was going on, all he had to do was rely on Google! The internet had everything on it nowadays. He would definitely be able to reach a conclusion. The easiest way to convince yourself that you’re dying? Trying to find the answer on the web, where eight-five percent of the people were talking out of their asses, instead of going to a qualified physician. In Taehyung’s case, it was an exception.

Everyone was in their rooms, doing their own thing. Taehyung was alone in the living room as he waited for the desktop to turn on. Once the settings were loaded, he opened the browser. Google was the homepage. Taehyung mentally jotted down the peculiar details of his illness and used the information to formulate an appropriate question.

What does it mean when I think of somebody and my heart starts to beat really fast?

It took 0.44 seconds for him to receive roughly 18,700,000 results. “Let’s see,” he scrolled down the page and froze as his eyes landed on the article entitled: “Tips on How to Determine That You Have a Crush on …” He gulped which caused his Adam’s apple to bob up and then down. With skepticism loitering in the back of his mind, he ignored the article and carried on. “That’s impossible.” He laughed dryly. The tense half-smile disappeared completely because of what he was greeted with next. To his astonishment the proceeding posts were all very similar.

Shaking his head vehemently, Taehyung closed the page and attempted to rally his scattered brain cells. There had to be a medical explanation for his current condition. He slid further down into the armchair with his shoulders slouched. He couldn’t have developed those kinds of feelings towards her. It was unfathomable! She was So Arang for crying out loud! She was brusque, irritable, crass, considerate, attractive… Wait! What was he thinking?

Although Taehyung wanted to believe that he was not in any way fond of Arang, he couldn’t resist the urge. He stared at the computer, glanced around to ensure nobody else was around before he launched the browser a second time. Cracking his knuckles, he quickly typed in his new inquiry. 0.57 seconds later he was introduced to about 612,000,000 answers. He moved the cursor over the first suggestion and clicked on it. The link immediately redirected him to the site. Cartoon illustrations were provided and Taehyung prepared both his mind and heart. Then his phone rang, belting out a line from the group’s debut song.

It was Mrs. So. “Hello?” He greeted politely. The petrifying news she delivered made him scramble up to his feet. “I’ll be there in ten minutes!” Hastily, Taehyung exited the pages and bolted out of the door with his shoes not on all the way. He tripped several times but managed to make it to the parking garage, unscathed.

His anxiety was indescribable as he drove towards the precinct Arang’s mother had told him about. The whole ride there he kept praying that nothing tragic had taken place. Finally, he arrived at the station. Taehyung hurled himself out of the car as he slammed the door and rushed inside. He called out for Arang and relief flooded his system when he found her. The concern he had showed as bright as daylight. He bombarded her with question after question, not stopping even once to regain his breath. He hated how worried she could make him.

If her accident wasn’t shocking enough, Arang unexpectedly leapt out of her seat and into his arms. “I’m not okay.” He heard her croak. “I’m scared, Taehyung. I’m really scared. What do I do?” Taehyung? Did she just call him by his first name?

Naturally, he embrac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter