ℂhapter 42

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     chapter forty-two      ba-dump, ba-dump.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________  

Officer Min was diligently listening and scribbling down everything Arang was telling him.  His partner, Officer Cho, had taken her phone back to the technicians to see if they would be able to get any useful information out of it. Various questions concerning minor details were also asked and fortunately for them the girl had a spectacular memory. She was able to easily recount all of the events that led up to today’s accident to the man on the other side of the table without a problem.

On the outside she seemed calm and collected. It was not the same story internally. Arang’s heart was troubled and her stomach felt knotted up. To keep her nerves in check, she would pinch her palm in order to focus on what Officer Min was saying. It hurt but it was bearable. Taehyung was sitting beside her and had noticed her stiffness. He glanced down at her lap and his eyes rounded. Her palm was starting to get red!

Just as she was about to dig her fingernail into her flesh again, he stopped her. The warmth radiating from his hand startled Arang as she turned to look at him, an astonished expression on her face. He squeezed her hand and flashed a small smile. It was his way of reminding her that he was still there. “Are you positive that there is nobody suspicious you could think of?”

“What?” Arang swallowed, returning her attention to Officer Min. There was someone that set off several red flags but without concrete evidence she didn’t want to start pointing fingers. “I mean, at the moment I’m drawing a blank.” She fibbed.

“I see.” The man placed his pen down and looked at her. “If you remember anything please inform me immediately. Since this stalker has already tried to harm you, there’s a high chance of a second attack.” Chills ran down her spine. “Would you like us to assign an officer to follow you around until we get the guy? Nowadays, we take cases like this seriously.”

Having a policeman nearby at all times would be comforting. “That’s not necessary.” Taehyung cut in. “I will be responsible for my girlfriend’s safety. I’ll make sure she’s never alone.” He declared. What was he doing? What was he thinking? Apparently he wasn’t! “It would also be nice if you kept this away from the press. We would really appreciate it.” Taehyung threw in.

“Alright. I understand. I’ll entrust her to you then. You two can leave when you’re ready.” Officer Min stood up, gazed at Arang one last time before he exited the room. As soon as the door closed behind him, Arang blew a fuse.

“Yah! Kim Taehyung, are you crazy? What do you think you’re doing?” She fumed, yanking her arm away from him.

“So Arang, that’s the question I should be asking you!” He fired in response, stunning the girl. She wasn’t expecting that. “This has been going on for almost a month now and you didn’t bother to tell anyone? I don’t know if you’re brave or just really stupid! Wait I know, you’re bravely stupid! Do you know what could have happened if you had been severely injured by that psychopath? None of us would have known that someone was after you. We would have assumed it was a random hit and run case and the criminal would have gotten off scot-free!” He paused and exhaled deeply.

“This is all my fault.” Taehyung muttered dejectedly. “That sasaeng fan targeted you because of me.” His countenance became doleful and for some reason Arang felt her heart clench at the sight. She wanted to tell him that it wasn’t his doing but he was right. If she hadn’t been caught up in this whole fake relationship ruse with him, the stalker would have never known of her existence. None of this would have ever happened if they had never crossed paths.

The old Arang would have openly blamed the idol and bashed him like there was no tomorrow. She would have probably punched him square in the face and then stalk off with her head held high, too. She would have been extremely arrogant and insolent, her thoughts preoccupied with nobody else but herself. However, Arang wasn’t that girl anymore. At least not when it came to Taehyung.

“No,” she disagreed. “It’s my fault as well. You were right. I should have reached out and asked for help sooner. If I did, the incident that occurred today wouldn’t have happened. I shouldn’t have tried to handle this alone. I’m sorry.”

Her words caused Taehyung to grin like the Cheshire Cat. Arang thought that he had gone completely bonkers and was about to slap him with a snide remark when he extended his arm and ruffled her hair. “Aigoo, you’ve grown a lot since the first time I met you, So Arang.”

Ba-dump. Ba-dump.

“You’re even admitting to your mistakes and apologizing now. I should have recorded this.” He took out his phone and pointed the camera at her. “Do you think you can do that again so I can have proof for future reference?”

This would have been the part where she tore his arm off for touching her head but instead Arang broke out into a smile as she tried her best to glare fiercely at him (something she used to be an expert at). “Not even in your dreams.”

“Aw, you’re no fun.” He pouted, slipping his phone into his pocket. “Let’s get going. I have practice.” He got up and she mirrored his actions.

“Why do I have to go to practice with you? I want to go home.” She stated.

He leaned forward with his head tilted to the left. The distance between them measured less than six inches.

Ba-dump. Ba-dump.

“You can’t. Wherever I go, you’ll follow. I’m in charge of you, remember?” Taehyung pulled back and whirled around. “Let’s go. From here on out, you’re my shadow. Don’t forget that.”

Obediently, Arang followed him out. They were welcomed by the glowing sun, which was going to sink into the horizon soon, and she halted. The feeling wouldn’t disappear. Taehyung opened the door to the driver’s side and quirked a brow at her, a smile adorning his face. “For a shadow you’re not doing a very good job.  Hurry up or we’ll be late.” The girl snapped out of her thoughts and joined him.

“Where’d my mom go?” Arang inquired, realizing she didn’t see the older woman in the precinct when they had left.

“She had to pick your sisters up from your aunt’s house. I told her to go since I’d be with you. Chivalrous of me, I know.” He sang as he tapped his fingers against the steering wheel.

“Not really.” She snorted. “You made her take the bus. You should have offered to drop her off.”

His face fell. “Crap! I totally should have done that! She would have love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter