Yoonsic - "Airplane"

Hotel Restlessness (oneshot collection)

A pair of girls quickly kissed their parents goodbye as they entered into the security area of the airport, the eldest kept a sort of serious attitude as the younger trailed behind sharing a similar face. The Jungs were known for their almost always cold behavior even if sometimes they didn't mean it at all. The two seemed to walk around as if they owned everything they walked on, their confidence was so eminent that any passersby would stare.

Well, except for one. Another girl had just walked through the full body check, picking up her things coming from the security. She quickly put on her shoes noticing the group staring at a couple girls putting their things down. She looked quickly chuckling to herself at how people seem to always pay attention to a girl for her beauty. Shrugging, she put her jacket on her shoulder rolling her carry on before stepping towards her gate.

The two putting their things down pulled everything off from their sunglasses, keys, to over excessive bracelets that they had worn. They had to always look good and they didn't want to listen to anyone elses judgements on the matter. The older yawned walking slowly towards the full body scan and quickly out the other end watching a tall girl leave in the same place where she was going to sit. She saw that the girl had left her ID on the seat, she chuckled at how careless she was. Being more curious by the second she checked noticing that she too was Korean Im Yoona. The girl smiled and placed the card in her pocket, knowing somehow that they would meet.

The younger approached with the rest of their things.

“Unnie, why are you smiling?” The younger teased before gaining a scowl from her older sister.

“Nothing, I’m getting ready to fly to California but the stupid system here always makes us have a layover. AND! Appa won’t pay for our tickets so we have to fly coach. Not excited for that,” The girl’s scowl deepened as her younger sister giggled once more.

“At least we’re here in New York with them, I don't mind them moving here,” Krystal smiled pushing at her sister.

“Krystal. Stop,” She rolled her eyes and stood straight grabbing onto her bag and walking towards their gate.

“I’m going to the bathroom, you need anything? Jessica!” Krystal asked as she continued to walk in the opposite direction noticing her sister staring off.

“I’ll be asleep at the gate,” Jessica mumbled sitting down at the dark black seats near the gate, slowly drifting off to sleep.

Yoona noticed Jessica sitting across from her, slowly drooping forward in the seat. She smiled to herself knowing that even a pretty girl like her always had their little flaws. This girl liked to sleep with open. Yoona crossed her legs opening her book, she then lifted it,covering most of her face as she began to read. Sneaking glances at the girl in front of her to get a laugh. After a short while Jessica woke up looking around if anyone noticed. Yoona began to obviously giggle as her shoulders began to shake. Jessica stared at her intently not being able to see her face, she ended up getting more comfortable, close to sleeping once more before her younger sister waved a coffee in her face.

“I knew you said you didn't want anything but here,” Krystal sat down handing her sister the salted caramel mocha that she always longed for.

"Thanks," Jessica flatly replied a she sat up straight taking in the first gulp, "we should have got tickets earlier, now we’re separated."

"Yeah unnie, I know but I didn't think I would be going with you," Krystal yawned as she leaned back on the chair, "wake me..?"

"You think I would do that?" Jessica rolled her eyes taking a sip of her coffee before standing up.

Yoona quickly put her book down noticing her walking towards her and sit a few seats down. Before she replied she hid her face once more pointing to a trash can as she noticed her looking around, "there's a trash right there."

The tall girl giggled as the shorter stood perplexed as she added her cup to the waste basket.

"How did you know I needed to do that?" Jessica scooted over a seat, raising an eyebrow.

"Great question," Yoona stood hearing them asking for everyone to line up.

Jessica stood flustered, confused even. She grabbed her sleeping sister and pulled her unwillingly to the door.

"Unnie I said to wake me, not drag me across the airport," Krystal whined carrying both of their things.

"Same thing," Jessica stared intently trying to find any sign of the girl she had just spoken to, after a short while she had given up as they ushered her through the doors. A flight attendant stopped her and asked her for her ticket stub.

"Ma'am may I see your ticket?" The flight attendant smiled as she received her ticket and pointed to a direction, "that aisle seat next to that young lady."

Jessica looked over seeing the same book that the girl had read next to her not too long ago, she smiled to herself as her younger sister walked deeper into the plane. She sat down finding her phone in her purse and turning it off for the first time that day.

"Ahhh, you again?" The girl spoke startling Jessica.

"Y-yeah," Jessica turned surprised to see her book down, she never was a person who was lost for words. Yoona giggled picking her book up again.

"Hopefully some big guy doesn't sit in this middle seat," Jessica chuckled nervously putting her bag back down.

"I'm sure there won't be," Yoona smiled placing her bag on the seat.

"Is someone with you?" Jessica asked looking over at the half open bag.

"No, I bought two seats," Yoona chuckled putting her book away into the bag, "why do you keep staring like that? Did I do something?"

"No.. You just look very familiar," Jessica landed her chin onto her palm, "i feel like I've seen you somewhere before."

"Yeah, just a couple minutes ago, out there," Yoona smiled at the girl as she crossed her legs, "your name?"

"Jessica, Jessica Jung," Jessica answered quickly.

"Ahh, pretty. Well, Jessica you must be quite famous around here to have so many people stare at you like that," Yoona pointed to the rows of men looking. Jessica just laughed nervously.

"And your name?" Jessica muttered lightly.

"Im Yoona. Well, Yoona Im. Nice to meet you," Yoona chuckled turning as she felt her phone vibrate.

"Yoona.... Yoona.." Jessica whispered to herself as her eyes opened wide, " I think this is yours.."

Jessica fished out of her pocket an ID and handed it to the girl.

"Woah, thanks so much," Yoona smiled wide putting it into her wallet, "you’re a savior."

"Well I wouldn't call me that..." Jessica blushed looking away, Yoona noticed and pulled her bag off the seat.

"Why don't you sit closer?" Yoona smiled stowing away her purse.

"Are you sure..?" Jessica raised an eyebrow noticing the tall woman pull out a blanket from right beneath the chair.

"Positive," she stretched her arms opening the blanket as if inviting the other closer in. Jessica nervously approached leaving both of their things on the aisle seat, cautiously adding her own body to the blanket. The pilot explained estimated time of arrival for their landing in Arizona, and the attendants explained the usual emergency procedures.

“Ladies and gentleman we will be dimming the cabin lights, there are reading lights above and beverages will be handed out soon,” the flight attendant exclaimed as the airplane went dark.

The flight went on it's course to lift off as Jessica felt the plane lurch forward with force, unbeknownst herself she had grabbed onto Yoona’s arm.

“Uh, excuse me, ma’am?” Yoona looked at her with an eyebrow up causing Jessica to cough in embarrassment.

“Sorry,” she hung her head low letting go of her arm to feel it wrap back around hers, “huh..?”

“Who said I didn't want you to?” Yoona smiled wholeheartedly as she closed her eyes feeling the airplane ascend into the air, “where are you from?”

“California... San Francisco,”Jessica replied shyly as Yoona nodded.

“I live in Phoenix,” Yoona opened one eye lifting up her book as she turned the light on above them.

“Ahh...” Jessica showed obvious signs of disappointment as she looked at the book.

“We could always make this time count,” Yoona looked over and opened to the page where she was at, “it's great meeting someone on a plane, never knowing if you would ever see each other again.”

Yoona decided to close her book and put it away hearing a question come from the girl beside her, “so.. what do you do in Arizona..?”

Yoona smiled at how awkward she had become before holding onto her hand. Jessica’s mind wandered, wondering how her hands were so soft. How she somehow met this girl, she didn't know. Yoona chuckled before answering, “I am a full time student, I went to New York for a photoshoot.”

“Ph-Photoshoot?” Jessica murmured trying to figure out when she had lost her confidence.

“Yeah, I got asked to model and I didn't know whether I’d like it or not so I visited the company,” Yoona looked at her a bit perplexed, “Is it shocking?”

“N-No not at all.. you- you’re beautiful,” Jessica smiled awkwardly placing her free hand on her neck.

“Are you okay? You need some water? It's only about a 4 hour flight. I’ll be here next to you, don't worry,” Yoona engulfed the girl in her arms with worry without realizing the girl wanted nothing but to be in that situation. Jessica wished that the flight was more than the allotted time so she could spend more time with this mysterious tall, beautiful stranger named Yoona.

Though, her eyes began to sag and she sighed wishing she hadn't picked a late flight. Yoona noticed the girl falling asleep, she couldn't help but stare giving the rest of the banket to the girl. She rubbed her back leaning her forehead against the airplane as she stared out the window, “why can't I seem to fall asleep..?”

Right on cue a flight attendant approached with a notepad, “and what would you two like to drink?”

“Just two waters please,” Yoona smiled and the flight attendant reciprocated one as she tucked a hair behind her ear.

“I’ll get the right away,” she walked to the next aisle biting her lip and Yoona chuckled to herself without knowing that the girl in her arms had actually been awake.

Jessica welled up with jealousy, yet she controlled it because she knew she wasn't hers so she ended up gripping on Yoona’s hand.

“omo. you are awake?” Yoona asked as she met eye to eye with the girl sitting up.

“When did I get the whole blanket?” Jessica asked looking at her body.

“Not too long ago,” Yoona replied, “you okay?”

“Y-yeah, I just.. I’m sorry for taking it,” Jessica frowned hearing the other chuckle causing her to show off her cold stare, “what?”

“There is no need to apologize, I gave it to you,” Yoona hugged the girl, “now take away that scowl.”

“What scowl?” Jessica’s face deepened.

“That one,” Yoona stared uncomfortably.

“This is my normal face,” Jessica looked away with arms crossed noticing the flight attendant had come back.

“The two waters,” The girl smiled putting down the two drinks, one had something scrawled against it's cup and she walked away.

“What the hell is that?” Jessica asked as she turned around pointing to the cup but she caught herself, she looked down disgusted with herself.

“It looks like she is sorry for making us fight,” Yoona gave Jessica the cup and took the other sipping out of it.

Jessica stared at the cup reading the fast handwriting. I’m so sorry for making you and your girlfriend fight, that wasn't my intention.

Jessica blushed as she mumbled, “girlfriend..?”

Yoona turned, “hmm?”

“N-nothing, I’m sorry for being a jealous wreck. I’m jealous for no reason,” Jessica sighed as she felt Yoona’s arms wrap around her.

“Don't say that, you have every right. You don't want anyone else to have me I get it,” Yoona let out her alligator laugh causing Jessica to laugh along at the girl’s weird way of laughing.

“YAH! OKAY!” Jessica smiled, “you caught me.”

“I caught you?” Yoona turned her head slightly.

“Yes, I do like.. you.. and would die if you called me your girlfriend,” Jessica confessed.

Yoona’s eyes opened wide, “Well we don't want that happening, I would hate to have to call your family and tell them you died and I don't think you want to be with a stranger like me.”

Jessica smacked Yoona’s arm lightly, “Excuse me?”

“I travel a lot like this, and you get jealous easily. I don't want to hurt you,” Yoona frowned as Jessica thought about the words that had come out of Yoona’s mouth.

“I care about you enough that I want to prevent your heart from breaking-

Yoona had been cut off by Jessica’s next sentence, “And I care enough about you that wouldn't mind going through it all. Sitting next to you on these plane rides, getting to know you, watching you do that silly laugh, getting jealous over hot flight attendants. I would do it all.. for you. For us, and if it didn't work-

This time Yoona cut her off with a kiss. A peck, but it was enough to shut up Jessica for the next 30 minutes that Yoona thought of what to say next. Careful, not to step over the line.

“Jessica Jung, Will you-

This time the pilot cut them off, “Welcome to Arizona, we will be landing in a couple minutes. All of those going to layover flights. You are on time.”

The line ended with a click’. Yoona looked over once more opening slightly, “will you stay here... in Arizona.. for me? I know it's a lot to ask because you paid to go home already but I can already tell I will regret it if I let you go.”

“Anyone could tell me they like me on a plane, anyone can hand me my ID, they all can have everyone wanting them but they aren't you Jessica Jung. They won't get jealous from asking a girl for water or cuddle into me when they’re scared. And.. and.. if you don't want to be with me I’ll understand, this isn't love after all,” Yoona continued on as she felt them land.

Jessica was so shocked she flew forward hitting her head on the tray, though it woke her up from her constant stare.

“Did you... just say what I thought you said?” Jessica asked rubbing her head, “my sister...”

“You don't have to stay, Jessica,” Yoona frowned into her answer.

“No No, I want to stay,” Jessica pulled out her phone turning it back on. Their plane arrived to the entrance and the lights with the flight attendants all standing near the exits and asking people if they needed help with their things. Jessica left all her things with Yoona as she sprinted through the plane out the door with only Yoona’s blanket. She turned around trying to find Krystal, as if she knew her unnie needed her, she sprinted right to her spot.

“Unnie, are you okay?” Krystal asked holding onto her sister’s shoulder.

“Krystal! you’ll have to go to California without me, I’ll be back next month. I promise,” Jessica was about to run back when her sister held onto her arm.

“What is wrong with you unnie?” Krystal’s eyebrows met.

“Krystal! I can't lose her!” Jessica ce more until Krystal’s grip tightened.

“If you are forcing me to go back by myself. First, you will need your things and second, I love you unnie. Good luck,” Krystal kissed her sister’s forehead as she handed her, her things.

“Don't worry about your other luggage, I’ll take it home. Don't keep me waiting too long,” Krystal walked away waving as Jessica waved back with an even bigger smile. A pair of arms wrapped around her causing her to shiver.

“So, your sister’s name is Krystal?” Yoona asked feeling the shorter turn around in her arms.

“You listened to all of that? omo.. you are a lot taller than I thought,” Jessica looked up shocked.

“I get that a lot,” Yoona chuckled hugging her tighter, “but I also didn't know you were staying here for a whole month.”

“I uh...” Jessica looked down hiding her face in Yoona’s chest.

“No need to explain yourself,” Yoona lifted her chin and set a kiss on her forehead.

Jessica lifted herself onto her tippy toes and pushed her lips onto Yoona’s.

“And that was for?” Yoona asked with a blush.

“For finding you, I won't ever forget meeting you,” Jessica looked down.

“Well don't look away from me, I guess I just met my favorite girl on this Airplane,” Yoona stated as she held her hand, “let’s go home.”

Our home..


I know, I have been gone too long. Forgive me. Please? Thank you all for reading and as always.

comment.subscribe.yell at me.

-Kai