TaeNy - "Marry Me?"

Hotel Restlessness (oneshot collection)

A girl sat on the train kicking the heels of her boots to the beat of the song that continued to play in her ears, twirling her cream scarf while staring blankly out the window. She lifted the ridge of her glasses, feeling them slip before bringing them back to her bridge. She took a deep breath sipping her gingerbread latte that came out only during this time of the year, she smiled to herself as it brought back so many memories.

Her quiet habits ceased as her mind began to be taken over by the hard bound book in her hands. Her fingers traced the lettering, spelling out its purpose. A journal.

The girl was an amateur author, who coincidentally found someone else's writing in her hands. She told herself each day on that train that she would read it, but her morals kept telling her wrong forcing her gaze back out the window. Before long, she read the first line..

Her hands were soft as light rain before a seasoned storm, her emotions clear as day while her smile lit every room.

The girl smiled to herself before closing the journal, pondering to herself who this person may be. Her mind slowly formed a man in his late twenties to early thirties sitting at a table writing the sappy lines on the first page. She felt as if she was sixteen again, sitting at the amateur writer's clubs where people would read their own writing. She slid the book into her book bag standing as the train came to her stop.

She shuffled out into New York's streets, walking her way to a little hole in the wall of a bookstore that was her workplace. They served coffee along with all their books but the California girl in her always forced her to get Starbucks before work. She settled in, pulling off her coat and grabbing onto her navy apron, moving her ombre locks aside before trying to tie the back.

"Kai, let me get that for you," a young man took ahold of the strings tying it just right before sitting on a stool beside her employee locker.

"Thanks Chris, you're a doll," she smiled, throwing away her empty cup as she slowly closed her locker shut.

"Any time sweet cheeks," he winked walking out onto the floor sitting at another ancient stool the store had owned. Everything in the place was either antique, or just plain old enough that an elderly woman could point out when exactly it had came upon being 'popular'.

Kai loved the place, and the people who ran through it. It inspired her to write more, and sometimes more in depth than thinking of fitting into the crowd. She sat next to Chris impatiently tapping her foot against the counter they had been sitting in front of, flipping her eyes back and forth from the journal and one of her all time favorite books 'A fault in the stars'.

"You still have that book? You think mister right might come to find it?" Chris asked cheekily flipping through his fashion magazine as he crossed his legs, scanning an article about new scarves this winter.

"Well for your information, I am actually curious of the writing and I only have read the first line so far. I believe it's a guy but... I don't know about mister right," Kai blushed finally taking ahold of the journal, "how about you, huh? How is fashion school? Find yourself a mister right?"

Chris chuckled, putting down his magazine, "honey, I'm not expecting him to just come out of no where."

The two began to get into their reading material once more, Kai continued onto the page..

If only we had one chance together, maybe this could be destiny. Her body and mine as one, a combination so deadly it would be a sin. I say by her bed that night holding onto her hand, I promise I'll be there for you.

A sweet smell filled my nose as she rose from her seat planting a fair kiss on my lips. The light of the room seemed to decease as the kiss deepened. The rush of moist air and the loud blare of my alarm clock only proved she was only but a dream. A dream in which I wish I could never get out of. Her red hair, her playful smile, it could never leave my head. Even her love for pink.

T.K.

The bell sitting atop the front door rang as a person entered the store, the two shot up standing right against the bookshelves.They were lined with tattered books of all shapes, sizes and age. Along with it came these two workers who were fixing their looks. He stood straight fixing his bow tie before tossing his best friend's hair. A girl walked in with a glum look holding tightly onto her book bag. The two had only seen this girl once before but never really had a chance to say hello for she left soon after that day. The girl scanned the shelves pouting as she realized she hadn't found what she wanted.

"Excuse me, are you looking for something in particular?" Kai asked putting away her notepad that she used to take orders.

"No, thank you. I was just trying to find my journal that I lost awhile back, I don't know why I'm still looking for it," she embarrassedly said, speaking faster with each word that came out of . She rubbed her hands together nervously as she walked out the door.

"Well.. We'll look for it" Kai muttered watching the girl leave. For some reason once she saw the girl she decided to reopen the book on a further page and began to read.

This isn't the first time I've seen her, I've seen her walk the halls of her school. I don't want to sound like a stalker but I've watched her.

I walked slowly behind her and gave her a quiet hug feeling her relax, as she realized it was me.

"Taeyeon.." She called for me.

"Yes my love?" I asked it was the moment that I finally realized all my hardwork had not been put to waste. I made it. I'm going out with this girl.

"Can we go grab a coffee?" She asked through her eye smile.

"Of course," I held onto her hand, I knew I could never let her go.

On that day, I poured my life out to her, told her the truth. I love her, you know, the usual soppy love stuff you hear in the movies just less romantic and with less famous people. It struck me how into fashion she was and how easily she could give me writer's block. At times, I'm at a loss for words.

I'm chuckling to myself at this moment thinking of how this happened, how I became so into her. Maybe it was the day I saw her standing at the subway, maybe it was the day I followed her into that little hole in the wall of a bookstore and cafe. She helped me find these places. She in a way, made me more cultured, made me have a reason to live.

Kai raised her head scratching her chin, looking towards her coworker.

"Chris..." She called lightly knowing that customers were reading not too far away.

"Hmm?" He approached settling his toned arm onto her back, "what is it best?"

"Read this line for me?" Her finger traced over the lines of the cafe and the two names.

"Wait... Hwang Tiffany? Tiffany Hwang? She has someone?!" He giggled before giving his best friend a sad look, "it looks like your Mister Right is taken by none other than our school's prize child."

Kai rolled her eyes before she replied in frustration, "you dumb .. You think the two might come in here again?"

"Well of course, everyone loves us!" Chris chuckled as he hid back in the kitchen to prepare people's orders. Kai's face dropped as she walked into the break room so she could reopen her book, skipping a little more further.

It's November again, leaves changing here in New York. It is a new feel for me. Even having a person stand beside me as we go on daily walks through the city, or small picnics. I don't know... Am I changing for her?

Tiffany stood at my doorstep this morning, tears in her eyes for she found out from others that I had been cheating. I had not, I swear to you with my life. So on this day I know I have to make it up to her.

I s my arm around her and led her to the park to let her say everything she wanted before I explained. I wanted everyone to see my girlfriend yell at me, and I think she took it upon herself to call me out on everything.

"TAEYEON KIM! How can you do this to me?! Why with that girl?! Do you think I'm cheap?! Was she cheap?! I go away on a damn trip and I come back to a girl saying she ed you. You think I want that in my head?! You think I do?!" She continued with tears rushing down her face, I stood up wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you, with all my heart, my soul, you are my destiny. I would never want to hurt you, whoever this person is that told you I cheated probably wants you because I don't even know who they are," I whispered lightly into her ear brushing the hair from her face, and wiping the stray tears that dared to keep falling from her beautiful eyes.

"I-I'm sorry Tae," she frowned into my embrace as she shoved her face into my neck, "you are a great girlfriend... I should have trusted you."

Her eyes began to water once more as she tried to pull away.

Kai's eyes shot open as she read the last sentences. Girlfriend... Tiffany.. Could it be that girl who walked in earlier? She felt so stupid at that moment, someone lost their journal and she didn't think it was hers all because of her gender and the fact that she opened it. If she hadn't opened it she was sure to give it back right away.

"Chris..." Kai called out as she walked into the kitchen as she sighed.

"What? I already know your Mister Right is taken, what more can go wrong? He died and left his book as a legend?" He giggled as he made a coffee for another impatient customer.

Kai sat on a back counter thinking of how to explain as the customer walked away from the window that showed the kitchen.

"My mister Right isn't Mister Right but Miss Right," Kai answered kicking her legs while staring at the book, "their relationship was almost stalkerish until I skipped over and found out they have been together for quite some time. Chris, I'm not jealous, I'm just very confused."

Chris washed and wiped his hands before placing them on his best friend's knees, "then keep reading dear, I'm sure she'll tell you."

He skipped out onto the floor making sure all their customers were doing fine as Kai snuck back to the front counter, sitting on top of a stool near all the customers. She opened the book to the next page..

Purpose;

I recently been thinking about theories and notions I have thought about as a child, and ever since I was little, with the many times I had near death experiences, and perhaps it derived from that in some shape or form, but I felt like I had purpose in this world, in this life, in the little I have to live in this breath of time.

However, the older I get, the more I learn how life and death works, the more I realize things are more simple than they are complex, the more I realize that purpose is relative and the only thing it does is add color to our lives, because a life without purpose is a life without color, and life without color is a life with no purpose, but then that’s when it turns into a paradox; what if the purpose of purpose, also known as psychologist’s “human fulfillment” theory, is to transcribe purpose to our lives for the time that we have.

But, then, in the end, there is no purpose. After all, what purpose can a cycle have other than to keep the cycle going? Perhaps that is enough purpose for any rational or irrational person to have, but not for me. There needs to be more, and perhaps it’s that word on the tip of my tongue; that word many deny yet everyone truly believes in. But even then, even that defeats the purpose, and just simply adds color to our life.

I'm stuck in between and I don't understand how that can be. Then I do realize, it's Tiffany. She is what makes me feel stuck, and maybe it's time to move forward..

Kai felt a lump in the next page, flipping it forward slowly as to not drop whatever was causing it. As much as she understood when she read that the two needed to move further she didn't expect this. She picked up the shining ring as it glittered in the light. Smiling to herself she read the only line on the following page.

Tiffany, you are my purpose in life, you are indeed what gives my life color. Will you marry me?

Kai put the ring back into it's place closing the book, smiling once more as she thought to herself,"I would never stop looking either, Taeyeon." She remembered the overly awkward girl that came in not too long ago, realizing that she had read snippets of her life. She felt as if she were an intruder until Chris called out her name.

"Kai!!" His yell rang out through the small shop.

"Yes best?" She shuffled towards his voice, stopping abruptly as she saw a girl with long wavy red hair.

"Meet Tiffany Hwang," Chris smiled wide as the girl eye smiled. Kai shuddered as if she had seen some of Taeyeon's dreams for herself, until the short girl came in also.

"Sorry I'm late babe," the girl said as she kissed Tiffany's cheek.

"You must be Taeyeon," Kai said before she covered realizing no one had introduced them.

"Y-yeah, how do you know me?" Taeyeon asked confused.

"Well, I believe this is yours," Kai said as she handed the journal to her, unaware of the situation Chris walked away as Tiffany stood perplexed.

"What is that baby?" Tiffany turned towards her as the shorter handed over the journal.

"Before you read it all, I want to know what you think of the ending," Taeyeon smiled as Tiffany flipped through the many empty pages in the back until she fell onto the ring. Her eyes swept the page getting larger until she noticed Taeyeon kneeling on the ground.

Tiffany.. Will you marry me?


I didn't do too much editting to this, so there should be lots of mistakes. Also, I think this is a great plot. To be honest after writing it i was tempted to make a whole TaeNy fic based on this but then I also realized I have no time. So, If someone wants to use this go ahead. BUT TELL ME FIRST PLEASE! Not only because of the idea but I want to read your writing (: 

I just love the aspect of a stranger reading all about someone's life without realizing that they arent that far away. Kind of gives me the chills as she finally is there to see the two people she read about finally come together. Kind of like a real life movie. ANYWAY enough of me talking. Thank you guys for reading and also this will be the only 'fic' I will be updating until winter break. So good for you guys! sad for everyone else heehee.

-Kai

ps.yes i used myself in this chapter. dont judge and I made my first poster YAAAAY ><;;

comment.subscribe.yell at me