SooNa - "True Love"

Hotel Restlessness (oneshot collection)

A loud voice boomed up above retracting Sooyoung's focus on the grid before her.

 

"You know the rules girls, one simulated death of any teammate means game over. Your suits will send a paralyzingly pain down your back. Fight 'til the 'death'.These are not your sisters, they are your enemy. Good luck."

 

10...

 

"Son of a that is loud"

 

9...

 

"Soo! Hand me that!"

 

8....

 

"Shut the hell up Sica! If you do-

 

7...

 

"Don't! Taeyeon will definitely find us from your yelling!"

 

6...

 

"God damn this girl..."

 

5...

 

Someone grabbed onto Sooyoung's calf, forcing her to look down to see Sica with a pout.

 

4...

 

Sooyoung handed her fourth gun as the projection played across the players' helmet's visors.

 

3...

 

Breaths hitch

 

2...

 

"Dear lord is this the end?"

 

1...

'No. You pabo this is practice.'

 

A loud ding rang through the cybernetic space allowing each individual to take up arms. The girls dispersed so orderly they could be watched all around running up the grid's features.White prints were left where the pressure of their boots landed.

 

"Sica-ah. Where the hell are you?!" Sooyoung put her gun into it's holster sprinting up the nearest wall,pushing herself to her human limits. She did not want to use her power too early, even if this was only a practice exercise for the eight girls.

 

As green team leader she needed to make sure her troops were okay. Close behind her were Hyoyeon and Yul, both using their psychedelic usage of their mimicking powers. If you watched the duo too long they turned into a blur of thousands of each other which was good use at evading attacks. The 'twins' were always a marvel to watch, even if the two looked nothing alike in general,the distinction never phased anyone during battle.

 

"Calm down Soo..." Sooyoung heard Jessica's voice call out into her earpiece. Sooyoung didn't mind anymore, watching as Hyoyeon lifted a temporary shield around the team hearing the click of gunshots to it's surface.

 

"There she is," she breathed heavily pointing to the floating Taeyeon. Her palms raised to the pseudo sky, she seemed right on her part despite closed eyes. She knew she was in focus and the blue team leader had her prey before her. Jessica decided last minute to sprint to the shield catching Taeyeon off guard, her floating body turned and poured all her power onto Jessica draining the girl’s body suit. The ray of light left from Taeyeon’s effort showed as she positioned her body down, with hands on her knees.

 

The green team’s visors all showed the words ‘game over’ earning groans from the four girls.

 

“We didn't even get to use all our powers, Sica you could have used your high pitch to stop her. What the hell?” Hyoyeon cursed throwing her helmet to the ground. Jessica was still recovering from the hard sting of their suit’s penalty for being shot down.

 

“I know..” she waved off their comments as her head hung low.

 

“As much as I want to say it's your fault, it isn't. I’m team leader and I should have spoken up. They are the best team in our regiment and our best friends. We have to practice hard if we are going to help them with the next mission, it will be suicide if we do not at least match their abilities,” Sooyoung sighed wrapping an arm around the girl, “just don't turn Hellsica on Hyo just yet.”

 

Hyoyeon looked away from the two girls, trying not to make eye contact with Jessica. Yuri grabbed onto her pulling her towards Taeyeon and the other three.

 

“Hey you!” Tiffany squealed as she saw Yuri approach, her arms immediately wrapped around Yuri’s neck accumulating rolled eyes from everyone else.

 

“As much as we want to watch you lovebirds, I have some important news,” Taeyeon pulled off her helmet allowing her raven hair to fall recklessly over her shoulders showing her power towards the girls despite her distinct height difference, “this practice was supposed to be longer than this. I planned for a couple hours but it seems we overestimated the best of our regiment of eight girls.”

 

All eight frowned, knowing they had let down their group leader. Taeyeon raised her hand in defense but felt it being let down by Hyoyeon standing by her. The two shared a similar bond to the lovebirds but never had shown skinship in front of the group. It shocked the group when Hyoyeon intertwined their fingers, looking up to an astonished Taeyeon. They were serious about their jobs and their relationship so it was a new thing.

 

“Uh.. yeah.. uhm..” Taeyeon began mumbling feeling her cheeks heat up.

 

Hyoyeon leaned forward whispering into her ear, “go on with the news babe.”

 

Taeyeon nodded her head enthusiastically as the grid shut off showing the expanse of the huge white room they stood in. She pointed towards a window above them where the commanders usually watch teams to see how they have progressed. The girls looked to her in confusion.

 

“Yeah Tae, it’s a window. So what?” Jessica questioned being shooshed by the youngest among them.

 

Seohyun grabbed onto the girl, shaking her head as a signal to stop, “let Taeyeon speak.”

 

“Thank you Seohyun, but we have a new addition to our regiment. As much as we have Jessica’s manipulation of sound, my use of the manipulation of matter, Sooyoung's invincibleness and superhuman capabilities, Yul and Hyo’s twin mimicking powers including invisibility and high use of knives and such weapons, Seohyun’s use of manipulation of gravity and telekinesis, Sunny’s use of electricity and knowledge of technology and of course Tiffany being able to shapeshift. Our regiment is just not enough anymore," Taeyeon cited beckoning the figure from above to come down.

 

"Well, who is it?" Sunny asked curiously as a tall woman approached the group. The girls took of their helmets in respect and bowed. Sooyoung especially mesmerized watched her smile to the group. Forgetting to bow, she fidgeted and smiled with her head down.

 

"Hello, I am Im Yoona, the newest member of your regiment. My powers unknown," she bowed thankfully as the girls looked to her confused.

 

"Unknown?" Yuri asked baffled.

 

Seohyun cut in, "so you are the famous unknown? It is a pleasure to meet you."

 

Yoona smiled in return as the rest of the girls looked very much confused aside from Seohyun and Taeyeon.

 

"The capital has deemed my powers unknown because so far it has been limitless. They told me you were the best of the best so I should join," she smiled wider with another bow noticing Sooyoung's hard stare. Taeyeon stepped in introducing her to the members except Yoona had her eyes on one person.

 

Yoona stepped back scanning the girls before her snatching the moment before they could say a word to her, "so.. Why do you girls still use helmets when the capital already gave us new visors?"

 

The girl touched an offset button by her right temple allowing a holographic screen shield her eyes, she lifted an eyebrow noticing the girls push a similar button with their arms still holding onto their helmets. Taeyeon smiled handing her helmet to her girlfriend.

 

"We like the element of surprise," Taeyeon smirked with her hands clasped, "even though most of us know each other by our movements, but sometimes we only know when a power has been shown."

 

"What do you mean? I know you guys use suits that paralyze you when out for no cheating but-," Yoona was cut off by Sooyoung.

 

"We really like using helmets so we don't look each other in the eyes when we are using our powers. We see an enemy when we see a helmet, when we see these holographic visors we see our sisters. Do you get me? I'm sure Yul would hate stabbing her one and only Fany if she didn't have it on," Sooyoung teased at the end of her splurge.

 

"Very funny," Yuri rolled her eyes in a sarcastic manner as she held onto her girlfriend, "but very true."

 

"Babe, I need to go study up on some animals I want to try out next," Tiffany poked at Yuri's side causing the rest of the group to frown knowing the skinship was approaching.

 

"Okay baby," Yuri tugged on the girl pulling her out of the grid room into the hallway allowing sighs of relief from the group.

 

"Sica you want to join me while a make a new prototype for Soo's gun? She needs something stronger, she keeps breaking them," Sunny asked looking at a not so swayed Jessica Jung, she thought of an idea and smirked leading off with a wink, "If you get tired I have a bed in there."

 

It was enough to get Jessica to go with her, the taller of the two grabbed the bunny like girl running them both out of the grid. Seohyun was Sunny's assistant so she knew it was her time to go. She didn't want to miss the chance with the unknown but what could she do? She sighed following the couple out of the door already knowing she was most likely going to be kicked out after the first thirty minutes of working.

 

"Tae can you help me with phasing?" Hyoyeon asked still holding the older's hand tightly.

 

"Yeah, of course," Taeyeon smiled towards her girlfriend, everyone knew she didn't smile too often except for Hyoyeon. She turned toward Yoona and Sooyoung with a gentle nod, "Soo can you give Yoona a tour around the ship? If you see anymore of the regiment don't hesitate and introduce her."

 

"Y-yeah, no problem Tae," Sooyoung nodded watching the couple walk out of the grid, she touched her visor's button releasing it back to it's source. She walked back to their changing area already forgetting that Yoona was with her.

 

"So this is where your equipment is?" Yoona asked startling Sooyoung right when she was about to take off her suit that was only used in the grid.

 

"Yep... We suit up here so we don't take damage from each other. Sunny designed these suits to take damage and it takes as much damage as your true body can. The only person it doesn't gauge to, is me. So they averaged all of theirs for mine," Sooyoung explained as she slid on her tight white regiment's uniform pants and put on a plain t-shirt before shoving her feet into a pair of her issued combat boots. She threw her white jacket over her shoulder before walking out of the room.

 

"Why doesn't it gauge to you?" Yoona asked while watching the girl walk in front of her.

 

"Well, I have super human capabilities. Whatever a regular human can do I multiply it by millions. Strength, endurance, agility, and others but it depends on my mood so either the suit constantly changes not being able to truly assess damage or just average out the girls so it can be fair... I'm also invincible when I want to be so that's why we changed the game to one kill game overs. It seems to easy right? But once we get into a rhythm out there we are there for hours ," Sooyoung added as they walked up to the highest point of the ship.

 

"So out of everybody you are my main competition?" Yoona smirked following her to a rail looking over the edge.

 

"No, I would say Taeyeon is. She is pretty crazy feeling vibrations and what not," Sooyoung lightly touched on the subject leaning forward so half her body was over the railing so she could peer below the airship.

 

"I love being up here, being able to see Earth but not really being there, where were you stationed before here on the Divine?" Sooyoung asked looking over at Yoona.

 

"I was never on a ship actually, never flew once except for today," Yoona smiled looking towards the girl's flying vessels. They were an ancient prototype to Sunny but they all loved them nonetheless. It held an ancient principle for flying, it had to be a pair of pilots flying the aircrafts together in unison. The more the pilots were in tune with each other the smoother the flight.

 

Sooyoung was dubbed flight partners with Seohyun out of default. Hyoyeon and Taeyeon were typically known for their courageous flights with pristine precision. Yuri and Tiffany were always a spectacle to watch in the air, it had always been like fireworks for the two even if they never knew how to watch their limits. Sunny and Jessica, though nervous of their feelings for another, showed nothing but pure connection in their flights together. Jessica would keep calm and the two could show Sunny's worth in her knowledge of technology. For Sooyoung and Seohyun they have always been mediocre and were just able to catch up to the group but never exceeded expectations, the group always told the two that they would grow in each other but Sooyoung always knew it would never go that way.

 

"Would you like to fly with me?" Yoona asked with a large smile looking up to the sky, her dark hair blowing behind her, Sooyoung thought it was something out of some book or movie causing a fine blush to take over her cheeks. She had to smile to herself as the girl turned to her right when the light hit her just right.

 

"A-are you sure? You haven't flown and what if we don't..?" Sooyoung tried to explain feeling the young girl grab her and pull her towards the misshapen old flying vessel. The two climbed upon closing the top, their hand touched the engine starter, as the machine sensed their connection it began glowing beneath their fingertips. Sooyoung's eyes widened when she saw the orb glow far greater than when her and Seohyun started, even now. She coughed a bit as it lifted off the deck.

 

"And we aren't meant for each other?" Yoona teased as the vessel took a slight turn to the right before reaching a point far in the distance. Sooyoung closed her eyes expecting herself to be thrown about or worse, dead.

 

"Yah! Open your eyes!" Yoona squealed while pointing into the distance, "it's The Divine."

 

Sooyoung sat appalled not understanding how she was so able to connect with this stranger and perform a task she knew Seohyun and her would have to take months to perfect.

 

"O...omo.. Well I think that was enough flying for one day," Sooyoung nervously spurted through quivering lips. Her hands lightly touched the controls and the two appeared back above the deck with the tail lowering slowly.

 

"Are you okay Youngie?" The girl turned to her with concern. Sooyoung nodded rubbing the back of her neck.

 

"Youngie? Well we better finish our tour," Sooyoung hopped out of the vessel with Yoona close behind, she grabbed her jacket and walked back down into the ship. She didn't want to make any eye contact with Yoona and just wanted to finish the job so she could take a nice long shower.

 

"This is the hangar, and we just came from the airstrip. Below is an air pool that if you're lucky and Sunny makes you a suit, you'll be able to fly around in it. Uhhh the floor below is the infirmary which is where we are now," Sooyoung noticed a blonde walk out from the emergency room and walk towards them.

 

"Hey Soo," the girl smiled before bringing a pair of glasses to her bridge, "is she the new recruit?"

 

"Yep, Chae, this is Yoona. Yoona, this is Chae our resident physician, if you're hurting or sick she can fix anything," Sooyoung teased earning a poke from the doctor and a roll of the eyes. CL pushed out her hand giving Yoona a handshake.

 

"She is over exaggerating but I'll try my best, thank you for stopping by. It was nice to meet you, and Soo can you tell Jess that Krys is stable?" CL turned to Sooyoung with a smile.

 

"Sure will, bye Chae," Sooyoung waved as they went down another floor with a huge smile.

 

"Why are you smiling so much?" Yoona laughed looking at the dorky girl quicken her pace.

 

"We have made it to the kitchen and mess hall," Sooyoung giggled as she ran to the open kitchen, "TORIA!!"

 

"Yah! Soo! I don't have enough food for you to eat and feed the rest of the regiment for the night!" Victoria screamed running out of the kitchen.

 

"I know, Toria. This is Yoona she is a new recruit and can we get a little snack?" Sooyoung pouted knowing that having Yoona meant some type of food would come out of it.

 

"Fine..." Victoria sighed as she handed the girls huge sandwiches, "now go on before I regret it."

 

Sooyoung continued to giggle mischievously before taking a bite, she turned to Yoona for cheers until she realized the girl lacked a sandwich, "where did it go?"

 

"I ate it..." Yoona smiled with a full mouth.

 

"What?! Faster than me?!" Sooyoung watched baffled at the younger shikshin before eating her sandwich.

 

Yoona nodded shyly as she followed Sooyoung down a couple more flights of stairs witnessing the older scold herself for not eating fast enough.

 

"You superhuman shikshin should be able to beat that girl," Sooyoung mumbled under her breath not realizing Yoona could hear her but she kept going farther into the ship.

 

"Is there anything here?" Yoona asked as he realized they past by a couple floors.

 

"Yes but they are our living quarters, I'll show you on the way back up," Sooyoung explained as she turned a corner.

 

"This is the training area for our regiment. We have the gym to our left to do regular training exercises. Weights, a hanging track above and everything such as that. To our right is our simulation rooms. Sunny installed controls so you can depict what kind of weapon you shall be using, how close in proximity you want your foes and how quickly you want the enemies to move. You do put on a suit and you use your own weapons," Sooyoung pointed to a used room, "it looks like Hara is using wrist blades right now."

 

The girl spun up slicing the hologram in the throat before opening her palm to fire a ball of fire to her left at another target.

 

"Oh did I forget to mention you can use your powers? These rooms are power proof, sometimes I don't know how Sunny does it" Sooyoung giggled before running down the flight of stairs to see the grid.

 

"You have already been here so let's keep going down," she pointed out to a small part of the ship to see cleaning equipment, "some officers work down here to do laundry and other cleaning, below us is storage."

 

"And.. Were done with the tour?" Yoona questioned as Sooyoung kept walking.

 

"Nope, I'm letting you explore the rest of the ship so you can find it's secrets and little recreation spots if you want to have fun. I just showed you everything that is of importance, now follow me so I can bring you to your room," Sooyoung walked back up the stairs walking down an entire hall to a door, "this is your room, if you have any questions knock on the door in front of you. I live there."

 

Sooyoung waved as she entered into her room closing the door. Yoona smiled as she entered the large white room, even if it was new she knew it was now her home.

 

A couple weeks later during a practice session in the grid

 

"Okay Hyo, put up one of the shields while I try to hear for anyone," Sooyoung commanded to the green team of now her and the twins. Sooyoung could hear a slight whisper that shocked her entirely as she removed her helmet.

 

"Youngie come get me," a sly Yoona teased as she put her helmet back on knowing what Sooyoung was doing.

 

"Anything Yoona?" Jessica asked along with Tiffany which were now the red team.

 

"Aniyo," Yoona chuckled as she thought of an idea, "I'm going to go up to check, just in case."

 

Yoona walked up the nearest side of the grid finding a ledge and heaved herself over into a sitting position taking her helmet off. She thought hard seeing if she could reach Sooyoung's mind.

 

Sooyoung put her helmet back on as well feeling her cheeks redden.

 

"Anything Soo?" Yul asked gaining a shake of the head from the giraffe.

 

"I'm gonna go check up there?" Sooyoung pointed to the ledge that Yoona sat at not understanding why her conscience told her to check out, even if in reality it was Yoona manipulating her.

 

The twins nodded as Sooyoung started her trek up the wall with speed so she couldn't be seen.

 

The blue team which was composed of Tiffany, Taeyeon and Sunny were only making the trek across the grid not even knowing that the green and red teams were so far. So they continued on with their walk as Sooyoung walked over the edge with shock when he saw the girl without her helmet on.

 

"Hey Youngie, so you got my call?" The girl smirked turning to her. Sooyoung lifted her fun set at her hip side ready to shoot.

 

"Oh come on Youngie, I'm not here to fight," Yoona giggled lifting her fingers removing all weapons that Sooyoung held and held them in the air aimed at her, "you want to try me?"

 

"No..." Sooyoung sighed signaling the release of the weapons to the ground. She removed her helmet sitting beside the younger girl.

 

"Why did you call me?" Sooyoung chuckled dangling her legs over the edge.

 

"I have found a secret that you haven't foud out about yet?" Yoona teased looking over to Sooyoung.

 

"No way!!! I'm sure I found them all, is it the theater or the hidden pool on second floor dorms? Or the open paneled spa?!" Sooyoung kept naming off rooms that Yoona had no idea of but she continued to shake her head.

 

"No Youngie, the secret that you don't know of is this," Yoona turned holding onto Sooyoung's cheeks before leaning in for a kiss, Sooyoung nervously kissed back not understanding her emotions. Yoona felt a burn ripple through her suit but couldn't understand why, she sat back as she watched her helmet say game over and she wasn't able to move. Youngie turned in unison to see that she had won before looking back to Yoona. The younger's face gleamed white as she sat paralyzed to her spot.

 

"Did I squeeze you too hard?" Sooyoung kissed the girl again feeling sorry for taking out the team. Yoona then smiled to herself feeling the sting in her back begin to weaken.

 

"No, Youngie..." Yoona chuckled before patting the girl before her,

 

"now it's time to tell you MY secret... The only way to defeat me in battle is love, and Youngie.. My true love is you..."

 
Hohohohohoho, I cant believe I wrote this and I know I missed a couple of instances as in it isnt too cohesive but I wanted to write something different. 
I'm sorry for any mistakes but I hope you all like this chapter. Love y'all and I think YoonTae is up next.
 
-Kai
comment.subscribe. yell at me