YoonYul - "Unexpected Love"

Hotel Restlessness (oneshot collection)

“ARE YOU SERIOUS YUL?!” Jessica yelled out for the rest of the hall to hear, she threw the roses to the ground in disgust.

 

“Jessica! I swear! With my all! I did not cheat on you!” Yuri bent down onto her knees, whispering her next words, “I’ll throw my pride away for you...”

 

Jessica only laughed and walked away, “We’re done Yul.”

 

Yuri sighed picking herself up off of the ground, she turned every which way to see if anyone had caught their scene. “About half the school..” is what ran through her head so she decided to walk on her way home.

 

“As much as I love Jessica, I always felt like it wasn't right. Today proves it, I didn't cheat. I WOULD NEVER CHEAT! I don't know what has gone into her lately, maybe Taeyeon and I are best friends and partners in crime but the last thing I want to do is date that dork. Aish, I need to go visit her now,”  Yuri thought as she approached the doorstep of Taeyeon’s house. She knocked lightly as the sick shorty opened the door right away wrapped in a fluffy blanket.

 

“Oh, Yul. You came to see sick TaeTae? Where is your girlfriend?” Taeyeon peeked only her head out looking left and right to make sure she wouldn’t get a mysterious slap from the ice princess.

 

“Tae, I don't have a girlfriend,” Yuri sighed stepping into the house not noticing Taeyeon still searching the yard with a smug face. Taeyeon closed the door and locked it, tightening the blanket around her body.

 

“Yul, what did you do?” Taeyeon sat on the couch almost breathing in the tea set down at her coffee table.

 

“Jessica broke up with me in front of about half the school,” Yuri sighed sipping her cup of tea slowly.

 

Taeyeon stared disapprovingly, “Are you sure Yul? That girl is like in love love with you.”

 

Taeyeon lifted her feet onto the couch as she poured herself a second cup of tea.

 

“She doesn’t like all the time I spend with you, I told you. GET SOMEONE, SO SHE DOESN'T THINK THERE IS ANYTHING!” Yuri lifted her hands to her face close to crying.

 

“Okay, Yul. Please don't scream and we both know there is nothing in between us like that. If she doesn't get that then she doesn't deserve someone like you, you dedicate so much to her and it sickens me how much she doesn't notice,” Taeyeon stood, coughing into her arm before rubbing her best friend’s back, “And I thought you were here to take care of me.”

Yuri chuckled putting her cup down as she wiped her tears, “SHUT UP DANSHIN!”

 

Yuri picked up her best friend and ran up the stairs.

 

--

 

Jessica sat in her house looking at the flowers she ruined then back to her phone, the rest of the girl’s basketball team kept warning Jessica about Yuri and she finally believed them. No matter how wrong they were Jessica couldn't help all the rumors about Yuri and Taeyeon. She puffed out her cheeks as her sister entered the room, she jumped onto the couch eating a bowl of popcorn, “What’s up unnie, where is Yuri unnie?”

 

“She’s not coming today...” Jessica said so morbid.

 

“YAH! UNNIE! DID YOU KIll HER?!” Krystal leaned back shocked.

 

“NO! ARE YOU STUPID?! I BROKE UP WITH HER!” Jessica leaned back stealing some popcorn from her little sister.

 

“Really? I’d think Yuri unnie would be the one ending it,” Krystal chuckled turning on the tv, “but why unnie? She was really nice. What could she have done?”

 

“She is cheating on me,” Jessica said blandly turning off the tv and snatching the tattered roses, she threw them in the trash before her little sister held onto her arm.

 

“UNNIE! YOU SHOULD HIRE YOONA!” Krystal shouted excitedly.

 

“Yoona...?” Jessica lifted a brow to her sibling.

 

“Yeah, she is my friend’s cousin. Apparently she is good at that getting back at your ex kinda thing. She makes good money on it too. She goes to your school I think,” Krystal said tapping her finger on her lips.

 

“You have her number?” Jessica asked with a smile trying to figure out why in the world she was listening to her thirteen year old sister. She put the number in her phone quickly and called.

 

“Ahhhh... annyeong?” A sleepy voice answered, “Who is this?”

 

“Ahm... Jessica Jung?” she answered as best as she could watching her little sister jumping in the kitchen. Jessica heard a slurping sound and a shuffle of covers causing her to chuckle.

 

“Jessica Jung?! Why are you calling me?” Yoona asked sitting up in bed.

 

“This kids keep telling me you are good at payback,” Jessica said with a smile.

“Ahh.. really?” Yoona said cockily standing up, she tripped over one of her books landing with an, “oof.”

 

Jessica giggled right away, “you okay?”

 

“Yeah yeah, but what if i'm good at it. What do you want?” Yoona asked cautiously.

 

“I want you to get back at Yuri for me,” Jessica said receiving silence from the other end.

 

Everyone else at school besides the jealous girl’s basketball team and Jessica’s friends believed Yuri was a great girlfriend to Jessica which is the reason why everyone was shocked during their break up.

 

“Wait.. you two broke up?” Yoona asked confused.

 

“Yeah, now how much is it,” Jessica asked impatiently, “If you like her that much I’ll double it for you.”

 

“No... just normal price, I’ll give you a discount. fifty percent,” Yoona chuckled nervously, “fifty dollars will be all. I expect to see you tomorrow morning. bye.”

 

The line cut off and Jessica looked at her phone confused, “well okay then.”

 

“What did Yoona unnie say?” Krystal asked excitedly.

 

“She said she will do it...” Jessica picked up her things and fell asleep for the next day.

 

Yoona on the other hand couldn't sleep at all, she couldn't think of a way to sabotage Yuri fake enough to make Jessica happy, after all Yuri was the prankster that got her into the business. Though she only saw her from afar Yuri inspired her to make better pranks than the girl and even made a business out of it. She sighed tapping her pen against the paper.

 

“Think of it as if you two are having a prank war, out pranking the prankster, yeah,” Yoona kept thinking those things so she could get her mind on track to finish this job.

 

--

 

Yoona slid her hand across her face, wiping away a layer of sleep as she looked down to the paper she used the night before. She snatched it up with her hand, rushing into getting ready. She ran out of the house with a bucket of  dry cement, a rubber chicken in hand and a piece of toast sticking out of . She cursed herself for sleeping late and having to walk around so sloppily, she was happy she only asked her to pay half, this wasn't professional at all.

 

She rounded the corner meeting face to face with Yuri, dropped open letting the toast fall into the bucket stirring up a cloud of dry cement into her face and nostrils. Yuri chuckled pulling out a handkerchief, she wiped the girl’s face before handing her the cloth. Yoona smiled and bowed, walking away quickly still holding the handkerchief. “How can I do this after that?” she thought as she continued her walk towards school, “but why was she going that way?”

 

Yoona fished the toast out of the bucket, adding water before hanging it over the front of the school. She shoved the rubber chicken in her backpack, walking up the steps of the school as some people left for lunch. “Hopefully the cement does not settle before she comes back,” Yoona’s face creased as she thought. She walked by a classroom feeling her arm being pulled.

 

“IM YOONA! YOU NOW DECIDE TO COME TO SCHOOL?!” The school’s principal, Mr.Kang yelled towards the tall girl.

 

“Ahh... well sir, you see. Look at me, my aunt hasn’t been in town in a while so it's just me taking care of my little cousin,” she said truthfully pulling up her backpack that fell below her shoulder when she was grabbed.

 

“why don't you tell me these things?” He asked suspiciously, “I know you live home alone but please come more.”

 

Yoona bowed even if she really didn't want to even step foot at school and walked her way towards everyone at lunch, she sat at a table realizing that Yuri may have not even notice that they went to school together. She sighed at the fact that her idol didn't recognize her, and at that moment Jessica entered into the quad with a flock of students behind her. Jessica and Yuri were her seniors and the fact that Jessica dumped Yuri meant the entire school wanted a piece of the notorious royal pair. In a way, it made sense, it’s why Yuri was no where to be seen.

--

“Yul, what the hell are you doing here?” Taeyeon walked out of her house, “go back and get back with her.”

 

“That’s the thing, I don't want to get back with her. I’m done Tae. All I see are people scrambling to be with her and it hurts yeah, but I don't want to deal with that emotional rollercoaster again,” Yuri sighed.

 

“Well why do you look like you have more to say...?” Taeyeon stared Yuri down, “I know that face.”

“Well, there was this really cute girl, I think she is a year younger than us, but she is the cutest thing. I don't see her much at school like...like she is never there. She stays by herself sometimes and the most peculiar thing happened today,” Yuri said thinking to herself.

 

“Oh,don't leave me hanging. Tell me,” A sick Taeyeon leaned on her door listening to her best

friend.

 

“I ran into her on my way to your house and she had a bucket of dry cement and a rubber chicken, while holding a piece of toast into . Well, until she saw me. I gave her my handkerchief but she only thanked me and walked off,” Yuri thought as she recalled the memory chuckling to herself.

 

“You mean my neighbor?” Taeyeon looked at her appalled pointing towards the right.

 

“Huh?” Yuri said confused, “that can't be little Yoona.”

 

“I’m sure it is, she has gotten a lot older and her parents left leaving her to take care of even some of her cousins,” Taeyeon laughed, “cement and rubber chicken really sounds like her.”

 

“You know what best, I think you didn't fall in love with Jessica that day two years ago,” Taeyeon said looking at Yuri.

 

“What are you talking about Tae? Jessica was the only one I was seeing,” Yuri said even more confused.

 

“But, who was always with you two on dates? Who made you laugh all those years ago? She was your security blanket so no one knew you two were dating but it seems you fell in love with the security blanket and not Jessica without noticing,” Taeyeon laughed even harder.

 

“Yah! Shut up! At least she is gorgeous,” Yuri thought aloud making the danshin keel over onto her front porch laughing to herself.

 

“Seriously Yul, what are you doing here?! Go find her!” Taeyeon picked herself up and went into her house locking her door.

--

 

“Ahm.. excuse me..?” A girl asked Yoona, she didn't raise her head to acknowledge the girl since she was lost in her thoughts.

 

“Huh.. hmm?” Yoona turned to see Jessica Jung sitting next to her and a sea of people watching them, at that moment she really wished she cleaned herself up and got ready for school that morning instead of waking up late and sneaking in during lunch. Jessica giggled as she looked at Yoona and back down to her phone.

 

“I really expected you to look different, like a cool spy or something,” Jessica continued to laugh as she looked at Yoona.

 

“Well, excuse me for making a quick job for you last night. I woke up late and I don't normally go to school for your information. Why do you think I was asleep when you called me yesterday?” Yoona rolled her eyes, folding her arms and using them as a pillow she groaned.

 

“Here is your money, pouty,” Jessica stuffed a couple bills into Yoona’s pocket, “I’m trusting you. What year are you? You look really familiar.”

 

“I’m one under you, pabo,” Yoona sat up and flicked Jessica’s forehead making the other shocked.

 

“Did you just..?” Jessica’s face morphed and Yoona pulled out Yuri’s handkerchief.

 

“It’s done,” Yoona smiled and stood as she walked off. Jessica tried to snatch the piece of cloth but Yoona was too tall and fast for her so Jessica sat like a model for the rest to stare. Yoona stood by her cement trap noticing Yuri come by with food.

 

“Hey! It’s you! That girl that was all dusty,” Yuri chuckled nudging Yoona in the ribs. Yoona coughed not wanting to let down the bucket.

 

“U-Uh yeah, hello,” Yoona began to blush as she leaned against a pillar that kept the front of their school up.

 

“You can keep the handkerchief,” Yuri smiled fixing the girl’s hair in front of her, “looks like you didn't even try to get out of bed this morning. What happened Yoona?”

 

“So... you do remember me?” Yoona asked astonishingly.

 

“How can I not remember little Yoona?” Yuri pushed the girl to sit down and sat next to her.

 

“Ahm...?” Yoona said to herself not understanding what was taking place.

 

“Want some?” Yuri handed the girl the food.

 

“S-sure,” Yoona said simply.

 

“Then take it all, I wanted to give it to the girl that I hadn't realized I loved for all this time. More like the shikshin I have been in love with,” Yuri said looking up and smiling at the bucket of cement.

 

“W-What?!” Yoona asked even more shocked.

 

“Yoona, I know what you are doing for a living. You prank people,” Yuri smiled, “Using the tricks I taught you?”

 

“Yes, I have always used them Yuli,” Yoona covered realizing she called her, her old nickname.

 

“Don't do that, it’s too cute. Who was this trap for?” Yuri asked pointing to the rope, causing Yoona’s shoulders to drop.

 

“Honestly?” Yoona looked over to Yuri with forgiving eyes.

 

“Yeah, is it for Jessica? Is that why you are so down?” Yuri chuckled at her own joke.

 

“No, It’s for you. Jessica paid me, she already forgot me too,” Yoona sighed laying back while covering her eyes.

 

“Aish, that girl,” Yuri said standing up, carefully putting down Yoona’s food at a safe distance before picking up the girl, “What is with the rubber chicken?”

 

“Well, that was just to... be a hat for you or for her to hit you with,” Yoona said trying not to make eye contact.

 

“Are you serious little Yoongie?” Yuri said while laughing, “Well are you ready to give her a show?”

 

“But Yuli... I never wanted to do it,” Yoona said looking down.

 

“How much did she pay you?” Yuri said seriously.

 

“I told her to only pay me fifty percent because I really didn't want to do it,” Yoona looked down sadly.

 

“Well, if you play along I will pay you triple. I know how much you need the money,” Yuri said as she held the rope connecting to the bucket.

 

“Yuli, I can't just take your money like that,” Yoona frowned as she felt Yuri’s other arm reach around her.

 

“Don't worry little Yoongie,” Yuri whispered as she heard Jessica’s screams.

 

“DO IT NOW YOONA!” Jessica screamed without realizing that Yuri was holding the rope, Yuri pulled, placing her head atop Yoona’s and let the mess spill over their heads. She ran her hand through her hair and lifted Yoona’s face up leaving a kiss on the girl’s lips. Yoona’s eyes shot open as she kissed back, wrapping her arms around the taller girl. Jessica stared in disgust as she walked away, the rest of the crowd cheered for the couple.

 

Yuri pulled back and laughed out loud holding onto Yoona’s hand, not forgetting the girl’s food as she pulled her to Taeyeon’s house.

 

“TAETAE!” Yuri yelled banging on the door as she held Yoona’s hand in fear of the cement settling on them. The door opened.

 

“I sai-,” Taeyeon’s eyes opened wide, “ what the hell happened to you?!”

 

Yuri groaned pushing herself through the door and into a bathroom, “I would get cleaned now if I were you.”

 

She was about to walk out when she felt a sticky hand grab her own, Yoona looked up at her and smiled and kissed her. They shared a sweet kiss and Yuri pulled back, “I’ll give you some privacy.”

 

“Yuli... I... Can we try..?” Yoona asked nervously.

 

“YAH!! HELLO! SHOWER FIRST! BUT... yes,” She kissed her forehead and left the bathroom closing the door.

 

“OOOOOO! Yuli?” Taeyeon said while raising her eyebrows up and down, surprising Yuri at the door.

 

“Shut up danshin,” Yuri walked off smiling to herself as she left Yoona’s food on the kitchen table, walking up the stairs to go to the other bathroom. She unclothed herself and went under hot water, she smiled even wider thinking of Yoona down the stairs.

 

Yoona cleaned herself quickly enough to remove the sticky cement but slow enough to give her time to think about what had happened, the girl she used to follow as a child just confessed to her. She squealed jumping inside the shower.


“I guess I just fell unexpectedly in love” were the only words running through their heads.


Okay! I dont know how you all will like this but I wrote it pretty quick today once I came home from school, I have History, Spanish 3, English and Photography(again) this semester so I wont be updating so quickly due to all my creative/writing efforts going into that. I am not thinking about writing about American History again but it seems like its what ill be doing all over again haha. I hope you all understand.

AND!!! JESSICA OH MY! She is a good person just in this fic she is a little bad but I thought this was funny to write especially dirty TaeTae.

I hope you all have a great evening,day,morning, I have no idea but plase have a good one. 

-Kai

comment.subscribe. yell at me