HyoSica - "Day by Day"

Hotel Restlessness (oneshot collection)

Hospital life is really different when your visitors mean something to you, you want to get better and they told me that these new resolutions of my life are a gift out of this place. I couldn't wait for that moment, to walk out of here free of amnesia. They had told me that no matter how they fixed my body something was missing in my brain that couldn't connect things happening around me. It would only remember certain aspects of days and lose everything else.

 

At times I would even forgot I had surgery, or that my leg was broken resulting in recurring wounds. As I said before I couldn't even recognize my own family, yes I remembered seeing them around but I never could say how they related to me. Friends were even worse, sometimes I could remember childhood memories of a younger them and tell them about it as if it were a story and they would affirm that it was them.  

 

Apparently, I met my doctor every day he walked in, he jokes with me now that I remember his name. At one time he had to always tell me his name, and every illness I had to make sure that those accidents wouldn’t happen each day. Nurses weren’t always so careful but they were the closest things I had to friends during my two year stay. Yeah, I didn't know their names but I told them everything, how I felt about a surgery. How scared I was right before they had to do my lung surgery. They begged me not to talk and always commented on how strong I was to still be alive.

 

I realize now, I acted as if they were my loved ones. I should have had those conversations with them, not a stranger. It felt so weird though, those who loved me seemed like strangers and vice versa. Well, now I have Jessica. She visits me daily and her doctor approves since it helps her regain her range of motions and it helps me remember the past so we both have a way to heal.

 

I think the best medicine for the both of us was the fact that we loved each other, because of our love my restraints are gone. I can hold her in my bed and we could watch movies on date nights like a regular couple. Sometimes, our parents would bring outside food so we could have nice dinner dates. Maybe it was almost like rehab but it was better than anyone could ask for. She would tell me stories of our childhood to see if I could remember while I would about me always somehow being the one to save her.

 

As always that feisty attitude she has would reveal itself and we would have petty fights that I had to take for myself. Luckily, my kisses seem to be a nice remedy to that problem.

 

A few weeks ago the doctors told us that we would be able to leave soon, Jessica has fully recovered and they feel safe enough to let me go home with medicine for my headaches when memories came back. They told me I had enough cerebral strength now that Jessica came back into my life. Both of our doctors would tease that we were both sick because we were separated, we were dying of our heart being split in half.

 

I can't deny that because one day throughout that week they decided to room us together, both our conditions got better which leads me to today.

 

We’re being discharged today. I’ve waited two years worth of doubt to see home again. What does home even look like?

 

“Hyobaby!” Jessica called running in already changed, she handed me a bag of clothes.

 

“Are we allowed to change already?” I asked concerned looking at the clothes she handed me.

 

“Did they do their check up already?” Jessica smiled sitting on the bed.

 

“Yeah...” I looked at her questioningly, of course they did.

 

“Then, you can!” She looked away after she yelled, “pabo...”

 

“YAH! I heard that!” I snatched the bag and stood up noticing it was similar to what I wore the night of the accident.

 

“Your mom brought that,” she said calmly as I pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans.

 

I slid the slim pants over my bare legs, looking up I noticed her staring.

 

“Uh, excuse me?” I looked at her pursing my lips, “you like what you see, or what?”

 

I giggled as I pulled the patient gown from my arms putting on a bra and now a white v-neck.

 

“Well, it's not my fault that you are so comfortable with changing in front of me,” her laugh erupted into the room as I slid on a pair of socks before putting on my favorite pair of Doc Martens while laying black Raybans on my nose. It was still very much winter so I put on the coat my mom prepared inside the bag.

 

“Well, you are my handsome girlfriend,” she stood up wrapping her arms around my neck leaning in for a kiss right as I finished putting my clothes on. I heard a cough and we both turned to see our doctors staring at us with smiles.

 

“I know you two are excited to leave but there are some things we need to go over, and you two can save that gushy stuff for later,” Doctor Shim, who is my doctor said to us both.

 

“Okay, get on with it boys,” I stuck out my tongue sitting on a chair, spreading my legs like a gangster laying my elbow on my knee so I could hold up my head with my hand.

 

“Oh Hyo.. what are we going to do with you?” Doctor Kang said while shaking his head leaving a small chuckle.

 

“So, what is there to be said?” Jessica asked impatiently, sitting on the bed I was just on.

 

“First, the prescriptions that we gave you both. I want you two to monitor each other’s medicine intake. I know you two care so much for each other that you will make sure that the other is doing fine. Hyo I know you won't forget about Jessica but sometimes you forget about yourself,” Dr. Shim said with a smile.

 

“And Jessica is stubborn,” Dr. Kang added with a chuckle.

 

“Excuse me?” she threw him one of her icy glares and the two doctors erupted in laughter.

 

“You two understand, right?” Dr. Shim said as he clasped his hands together.

 

I nodded and looked over to Jessica who nodded as well, we stood up shaking hands.

 

“It was great taking care of you two, don't lose each other again. Don't want you two dying of broken hearts,” Dr. Kang teased as he winked while waving us goodbye.

 

We had then got legally discharged and we walked towards the parking lot. Neither of us wanted the other to drive so we decided on a cab instead of bothering our families. I looked to Jessica because I had no idea where to go. She told the taxi driver where we were headed and we sat quietly in the back.

 

It was the first time in a long while that I had no idea what to say to this girl, she kept taking glances at me but finally laid her head on my shoulder. She squeezed my right arm snuggling deeper into me, in a way I didn't want to talk anymore. I just wanted to feel our bodies come together in an innocent way.We showed up to a large house, she paid the driver and she pulled straight for the front door.

 

“WOAH WOAH! SETTLE DOWN!” I said trying to slow her down and she knocked straight away. A girl stood in front of us, with the same kind of attitude as Jessica like she didn't want to be there. I watched as her eyes lifted from our feet to our faces she gasped and the face she had before disappear in an instant. She jumped onto Jessica squealing just as Jessica did when we watched scary movies.

 

“UNNIE! YOU’RE AWAKE?! WHEN?!” She squealed again before turning to me, “Hyo unnie?”

 

She stepped back looking me up and down, I turned my head in confusion as she slowly walked into my arms. I hugged her tight as Jessica answered pretty much all the questions on my mind.

 

“Hyo, this is Krystal my sister and this is our house,” she said with a smile and I nodded letting go of Krystal.

 

“Unnie, why are you explaining everything to Hyo, I’m sure she has been to our house thousands of times especially when you guys were in elementary school, and middle school, AND high school. OH! and college, oh and when you were going through that weird phase but then again she did disappear when Donghae oppa was here,” Krystal kept on explaining as we walked through the house.

 

“Krystal! SHUT UP! She has had amnesia and everything is slowly making it back into her head, don't overwhelm her with so much she might go into shock and I have to use the extra special meds on her that knock her out,” Jessica warned as we arrived in what looked like a family and kitchen area it was very wide with a grand table to one side. The must host a lot of parties or something.

 

“HYOYEON!” I turned around to see Mrs. Jung running after me, I smiled wide as she gave me a quick kiss on the forehead, “how are you honey?”

 

“I’m great now, because of you umma,” I said quickly. Umma? Why did I say umma?

 

“Ahh! even calling me your second mom again, I prepared a room for you if you would like to stay. It's the one just at the top of the stairs to the left, thats where you used to always stay. Hopefully it will bring back some memories,” she smiled and walked into the kitchen, “you girls hungry?”

 

“I would love to sleep over umma but no I actually don't have quite an appetite right now,” I huckled lightly heading towards the stairs, “thank you!”

 

“YAH! Where do you think you are going?” Jessica grabbed onto my arm pulling me up the stairs with her.

 

“To the room?” I said a bit confused, noticing Krystal wasn't with us anymore.

 

“You’re sleeping with me, we’ll go to my room,” she said as we walked through a long corridor towards a room at the end of the hall. She opened the door to a large room with a king sized bed, I smiled to myself remembering our sleepovers together and her talking about boys.

 

I even remember when she first told me about Donghae, it was here. How she told me they were to be married, I couldn't handle it obviously. I have always been in crazy love with my best friend. I’m surprised her parents approve of me loving her, I guess it takes a miracle.

 

“Hyoyeon?” a hand waved in front of my face and I looked to her with a sad smile.

 

“So, you remember?” she frowned as she sat on the bed with arms open.

 

“Remember what?” I said testing the waters.

 

“When I told you about Donghae, when I told you he was the one for me, when I showed you the ring that lead up to that night,” she rolled over so she was face deep in covers.

 

“Yes, I remember,” I jumped onto her bed and held her tight, “I may be an idiot, but I’m an idiot in love. I love you so much that those times just help me remember how much I cared for you. How much I was willing to fight for my love. How much I was willing to jump in front of that truck for you. Like you said before Jessica, what we’ve gone through and for our future. We just have to take it day by day and we’ll make it through together.”

 

“Hyo...” she looked up at me with tears threatening to fall from her eyes, “promise me to never jump in front of a truck and forget me again.”

 

I giggled instantly hugging her tighter, I kissed her deeply as we decided that Jessica would tell us stories of when we were little but something tells me some of this are a little over-exaggerated.

 

“Do you remember that time on the swings when we were little when you fell off and blood was everywhere!” she yelled excited.

 

“I’m sure blood wasn't everywhere baby,” I laughed as she nodded enthusiastically.

 

“NO! It was all over the swings and everything!” she explained as I shook my head. Of course. Suddenly, it became quiet. I looked down at her to see her asleep, I kissed her forehead lightly. Probably tired from all that yelling, oh typical Jessica. I chuckled once more pushing the hair out of her face as her soft snores filled the room.


“Good night my love...”


That must have been one of the fastest updates I have ever done, meaning that it probably and has a lot of mistakes. haha.

Thank you for reading guys! and I think thats the ending for this plot, my brain kinda hurts from it. O_O;;;

I have no idea why, BUT! Enjoy!

-Kai

comment.subscribe. yell at me