HyoSica - "I'll Be Back" part 1

Hotel Restlessness (oneshot collection)

I'd like to thank Emzybbz for the poster.


"Hyoyeon.." Her voice called out into the breeze as she bit her bottom lip in anticipation. Her hands lingered on the railing as the waves cradled the shore. She thought if she could call out her name it would somehow reach her lover who had gone out to fight. Give her strength. Give her power to take one step longer. For both their relationship and their country.

The girl slid her sunglasses on passing the busy streets, filled with the ever growing lower class. The whole country seemed to decline with every soldier they sent out. Male or female they had to fend off the oncoming assault. It's the one reason she didn't want her to go. Yet, they asked one member of each household. And, Hyoyeon would never let her break a nail.

She smiled dragging her feet against the pavement, playing with the kids who had only their mothers to take care of them. Sometimes fathers would come out to see her and the many young generals always pursued her. Yes, she may have been part of the high class but she never wanted to be seen that way. Her father was a tough man who made her just the same.

He also was one of the generals along with his wife a commander set at sea. He could have let Hyoyeon stay home with his daughter but the determination of her fighting along side the family made him accept and respect her more than he ever expected. The fact that she would do anything to save his daughter made him want to reject all the younger soldiers from coming towards his daughter. In the end adding the name Jung to all her tags so they would know that they were related.

"Jessica!" A younger girl reached out for her hand.

"AHHH Krystal!" Jessica spread her arms open feeling her younger sister come in for a hug, resting a quie head on her shoulder showing off her new red locks.

"Are mom and dad coming home soon? Isn't their tour ending next month?" Krystal asked pulling out her small pocket calendar.

"What?!" Jessica too pulled hers out. Due to power shortages the girls only used what they needed, sharing whatever they had with those around them.

"Hyoyeon is coming back in a month... Mom and dad are coming home for a break too," Jessica excitedly closed her calendar shoving it into the bag she had carried to the beach that morning, knowing that he probably won't find it again.

"Krystal I'll see you!!!" Jessica ran towards her house running into a group of kids playing soccer through the dirt covered streets. She pushed her front door open kicking off her boots to turn on the tv for the first time in the 3 years that her family had been gone.

The volume erupted throughout the house , "Breaking news! General Jung and soldiers will be back early from their tour this coming Friday. The list of deceased will be shown below, those who are missing will be read after the whole list has been shown twice. Thank you."

Jessica stared at the screen intently, seeing quite a few names. One caught her eye immediately Kim Taeyeon. Jessica choked watching the name slide across the screen. Kim Taeyeon was Hyoyeon's best friend, and from what Hyoyeon told her they were inseparable during combat. In addition, her own best friend's lover was Taeyeon. Her mind began to spin not realizing the names had been done showing.

"Alright! Welcome back, so far we have a group of missing soldiers due to a horrible raid. General Jung has been trying his best especially since his favorite soldier is apart of this group.."

Jessica stared at the screen knowing that her father loved many, but this is significant.

"She has adapted to his name because he wanted to protect her, these soldiers are..."

Jessica knew Hyoyeon was there now, she knew she wouldn't be able to see her lover that Friday. Pictures then flashed across the screen along with each of their names.

"Kim Hyoyeon..."

To Jessica, everything froze once she saw her girlfriend's military stage picture, hair back and flag waving in the background. She felt broken, almost tired of the years she had decided to ignore the media in fear of moments like this. Her vision blurred and her eyes began to soak, she ran up the stairs, making sure to lock herself away from the world. But before she could go any further...

"Also, the Jung's will be staying behind for their daughter's sake..."

-2 weeks before-

"TAEYEON!!!!" Hyoyeon's coarse scream yelled out as her red cheeks showed visible tears on her face. A man kept his firm lock around Hyoyeon's neck, she took her knife from her belt stabbing the man's leg before turning around in a sly kick watching the man fall face first.

Taeyeon stood straight, which caught her best friend off guard. The scene seemed to almost play in slow motion, Taeyeon's legs slacked as she fell forward. Hyoyeon ran up grabbing onto the back of her jacket pulling her way past the line of fire.

"Taeyeon, Taeyeon! Keep your eyes on me!" Hyoyeon quickly pressed her hand across the gunshot wound, trying to find the quick injection morphine her best friend desperately needed.

"Dont leave me Tae..." Hyoyeon cried, "Tiffany would kill me if I let you go..."

A slight chuckle filled the stale air below her as they sat beneath a lone tree, "oh come on Hyo, we both know she would just try to kill me a second time.”

“Don't laugh Tae..” the blonde pleaded feeling her bangs stick to the sweat on her forehead.

“Hyo...” Taeyeon lurched forward coughing up blood that dribbled across her chin.

“Oh forget this..” Hyoyeon shoved the needle close to the wound and pushed down giving the full dosage. She ripped a part of Taeyeon's jacket wiping the blood from her lips and using the midsection as a tight belt around her wound.She stood up quickly carrying her away from where they stood not noticing they left Taeyeon’s dogtags on the floor along with the rest of her bloody jacket.

“Hyoyeon.. let me go.. you need to survive..” Taeyeon pleaded staring at the blonde's deep breaths hitching with each step she took.

“I told you. I'm not letting you go,” Hyoyeon cursed as she continued running.

“Well, at least run the other way.. we’re heading towards enemy camp,” Taeyeon rolled her eyes in a sarcastic manner. Until they saw a large compound that certainly did not look South Korean based.

“Maybe... we really did go the wrong way..” Hyoyeon whispered noticing guards marching towards them. She pivoted feeling her adrenaline kick in and they were off.

-Back at raid-

“FALL BACK! MEN!” General Jung yelled watching his men flank towards their incoming trucks that take them back to base. He panned quickly trying to find the blonde he needed to make sure his daughter needed to see once he got home. Paying attention to the bodies on the ground he saw none and jogged back towards the nearest truck carrying his men.

“Where is Private Kim?” General Jung asked a man to his right.

“Which one, sir?” The man asked.

“Well, both since they are usually together,” The general took off his gloves placing his gun in it's holster on his back.

“No idea sir, would you like me to radio the other trucks?” The officer asked.

“Yes,” The General said flatly picking up his water bottle squirting his face before taking a drink.

When will this war end?

“Sir..”

“..Sir..”

“General Jung..?”

“What?” The General wiped his face thinking only of his daughter at home and wife who was back at camp taking care of the wounded.

“They aren't in any of the trucks..” the boy said.

“HOW CAN THEY NOT?! I TOLD YOU ALL TO.. NEVERMIND!” once the truck stopped he jumped out trying to find his wife.

“YAH! GENERAL! I know you are a busy man but my patient might die from shock,” The Mrs. teased as she pulled out the lingering bullet from a man’s arm.

“Good as new dear, one of the nurses will patch you. Please be careful out there,” the older woman gave a sincere smile before walking out of the tent with her husband.

“What is it honey? We are in enemy territory so I’m used to you being jumpy but what is going on?” she asked pulling off her blood stained gloves and throwing them in the nearest trash.

“Hyoyeon..” he dropped his head pulling off his jacket, his bulletproof vest was shown only keeping his hat on to keep his eyes from the sun.

“We need to go now,” he warned grabbing onto his wife.

“You are too old for this..”the wife teased, “but.. what? Is she hurt or..?”

“She is missing..” The General confessed feeling his wife’s steps quicken.

-1 week since they have been missing-

“HYO!” Taeyeon screamed as Hyo fell towards the ground and the both were swept up in an ambush of men. The two couldn't understand any of the words they were saying, yet the group kept yelling at them.

“I... I don't understand,” Hyoyeon tried to explain but the men slapped her across the face. Taeyeon wouldn’t let it slide and used the last of her energy to kick the man in the groin. She stood with her ever gaining strength now not feeling her wound from the morphine. She pulled her pistol from it's holster pulling it up to his forehead and firing it straight through his brain.

She pulled the shotgun from it’s back holster shooting the two men to her right, watching them fall slowly. Hyoyeon pulled up in front of her pulling out double uzis shooting in a complete semi-circle watching the men go down all at once.

“Tae!” Hyoyeon grabbed onto her waist.

“Yah! stop worrying so much and just fix me up,”Taeyeon rolled her eyes, “Why did you join as a medic if you don't eve-”

“Ok. Shut up now,” Hyoyeon warned dropping a tarp from her medic pack.

“Lay down. Now,” Hyoyeon began pulling out a pair of scissors and the rest of her small morphine pack.

“I don't have much because this is made for just a quick fix,” Hyoyeon tried to explain.

“I know that Hyo, lets just try to get back, I've been on your back for seven days now. Just.." Taeyeon's face twisted, "I don't want to be a burden.."

Hyoyeon cleaned the wound with what she had and noticed the wound healing fine, her makeshift gunshot removal the couple days before was a success. She wrapped her with a fresh bandage and secured it tight.

"You're gonna have a wicked scar, and don't ever think that you are a burden. I'm sure you hated it when I shoved my fingers into your wound the other day," Hyoyeon smirked as she stood up cleaning up her supplies.

"Funny. I thought you were punishing me at first. What I think is weird is that killing these guys.. I don't feel anything anymore," Taeyeon wiped the sweat off her brow looking at the bodies as Hyoyeon continued her cleaning.

"Of course it feels weird, can you check if they have anything useful?" Hyoyeon asked finally finished picking up and she walked towards the bodies.

"One guy has some food, there is a bit of ammo and bandages. Oh! This guy has some top notch painkillers right here," Taeyeon threw a bottle and the bandages towards Hyoyeon as she shoved the rest into her own pack.

"You think we're getting close to camp?" Hyoyeon asked taking a bite of beef jerky that one of the enemy soldier's had.

"I hope.." Taeyeon whispered slowly walking along with Hyoyeon.

"I'm just happy your wound wasn't near a major artery. I would have cried if I lost you Tae," Hyoyeon winked as they walked.

"Don't forget Tiff," Taeyeon giggled grabbing onto Hyo's hand, "let's just kick some ."

-Jung Residence-

“Remember your promise,” Jessica whispered.

I promise Jessica.. I’ll come back..


It has been VERY long since I have updated this. I hope you enjoy this chapter (there isnt a lot of Hyosic but there will be in the next part) I feel like I should label this Hyotae but oh well. Thanks guys!

-Kai

comment.subscribe.yell at me