HyoTae/ The Kims - "Another Cup Please?"

Hotel Restlessness (oneshot collection)

thank you geniusgyu for the poster!

I honestly think this update isnt good but I have been gone a month and I promised it ); I hope you enjoy it.


Taeyeon sprinted down the stairs, trying to find her purse, cursing herself for being late to school another day.

"It's okay, Tae. Professor Choi won't do anything. You are a great student," she repeated to herself as she continued into her car. She knew she was speeding but she couldn't take one more day of being late. Professor Choi might finally kick her out.To ruin her morning even more there wasn't any parking on her side of the school campus, she had to go to a different lot.

Grabbing her books and purse she walked quickly to her class, most people were already in class besides the select few who didn't have a class this time of day. She always hated the ones with only afternoon schedules, they could sleep in while she had to force herself to open her eyes each morning. Without noticing she bumped into a girl who seemed to be taking her time.

"Omo.. I'm so sorry," the girl said with a chuckle picking up the book and bag that scattered across the floor. She stood up and made eye contact with Taeyeon.

"Hyo-Hyoyeon?" Taeyeon looked at her with wide eyes, remembering that she had chickened out on their first date.

"Taengoo~" Hyoyeon smiled wide fixing her belongings, "what are you doing on this side of the campus?"

Taeyeon then realized Hyoyeon's attire, a low cut tank top, a bright green sports bra and sweats. Her voice seemed to barely make it's way out of , "uh... Hmm.. Hyo.."

"Taeyeon, I have dance class. Close your mouth you might catch something but, how about we go out tonight?" Hyo asked tucking hair behind her ear.

Taeyeon nodded as she fiddled with the corner of her cardigan.

"Aren't you going to be late? Who do you have?" Hyoyeon then asked concerned.

"Ch-Choi..." Taeyeon bit her lip as she stared at the younger girl.

"Choi? Oh gosh she loves me, I'll take you to class. My class doesn't start for another couple hours," Hyoyeon then grabbed Taeyeon's hand, taking her sweet time to class. Their signature school bell that rang every other hour ended their silent walk. Taeyeon's palms sweat with each step and ring of their bell. Hyoyeon noticed,squeezing her hand and giving her a smile that seemed to mean 'that it would be alright.' Taeyeon bit her lip watching the door appear closer and closer as her forehead began to sweat.

The old door creaked in response as Hyoyeon pulled its handle, pouring light into the dark lecture hall. The whole hall seemed to turn at the same time to see who could interrupt their class. The professor kept on with her lecture pointing towards the large PowerPoint above the students, as their gaze locked on the two at the door, she lifted her head with a large cough.

"Excuse me? What is there to look at?" The professor looked to the door, once she saw her visitor her face broke into a smile.

"Hey Soo, sorry I had to use her for a dance," Hyoyeon replied holding onto the doorframe while pointing to the nervous girl next to her.

"Ms. Kim? You dance?" Ms.Choi dropped her glasses on the bridge of her nose staring astounded at Taeyeon.

"N-no," Taeyeon tried to reply, but Hyo answered for her.

"She is singing for me, for my next project," Hyoyeon smiled brightly not noticing the people's eyes glued on her. Taeyeon on the other hand noticed everything.

"Really? Ms.Kim see me after class, go take your seat," Ms.Choi raised her glasses and pointed to the next part of the lecture once more, "I also expect you to keep up."

Hyoyeon smiled before giving the other a light kiss on the cheek, "see you later." she then left not letting Taeyeon reply, and the room went dark.

Taeyeon shuffled to her seat, thanking whoever decided that the lecture that day would be dark because she knew her cheeks should have been dark red. She slipped into her seat biting on the edge of her pencil, nervously taking notes to prepare herself if Professor Choi would ask any questions. After what seemed forever Professor Choi ended the slides and announced their homework before excusing the large group of students.

Taeyeon swallowed hard as she descended the 'U' shaped room's steps towards the door that read 'professor's office' where the tall woman who taught just entered. She knocked lightly waiting for a reply, she got none. Though, she patiently waited for any type of response. Before she could knock again, the door opened to Professor Choi in what seemed to be an almost identical outfit to Hyoyeon's. Taeyeon looked up shocked and stumbled backwards into one of the tables.

"Oh yes, Ms.Kim.." Professor Choi started.

"Wait wait! I promise I didn't mean to be late.." Taeyeon screamed trailing off noticing her tone of voice.

Professor Choi chuckled and pointed to a chair in her office she then closed her door and made her way to her desk, "I didn't call you here to punish you, not many of my students know this because they are such pricks but I am also the dance teacher. Hyoyeon is one of my favorites, I definitely remember her name a different way than I remember yours."

Taeyeon fidgeted in her seat realizing she was pointing out that she had trouble getting to class on time. She played with her fingers trying not to keep eye contact.

"Anyway, Hyoyeon said she wants you to be part of her final. I suggest you attend our classes, I suppose she told you she has class right now? I'll see you there?" Professor Choi stood up and walked out the door, "I always knew there was something about you."

She closed the door leaving Taeyeon sitting shocked in the cushioned chair. Taeyeon quietly walked her way to the dance room understanding that the Professor would probably let the next lecture slide. As she walked in she saw the dozens of dancers competing with one another, to beat their rival but to ultimately catch their professor's attention.

"Oh Ms.Kim you are here!" Professor Choi called causing the students to turn to her again.

"Oh not again," Taeyeon mumbled under her breath, she was saved by her blonde crush again as she watched her run across the room.

"Ms.Kim here will be helping with someone's final so please welcome her kindly," the professor said, "now continue, she will only be watching."

"You can go to the recording room," Hyoyeon whispered.

"Recording room? I didn't know I was really going to do this," Taeyeon mumbled back.

"Well, you are now," Hyoyeon smirked pushing her into the recording room.

The two ended up messing around, until Hyoyeon finally got Taeyeon to sing for her. Right as Taeyeon ended the song she turned to see the dancers staring at her.

"Uh.. Does this mic go into the dance room?" Taeyeon asked looking at the blonde.

"It doesn't now..." Hyoyeon flipped the switch so they couldn't hear their conversation.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS HYO?!" Taeyeon began yelling at her. The dancers watched her flailing mutely, and the whole dance room ruptured with laughter. The two turned seeing the large smiles all around the room.

Hyo smiled and poked the other's side, "oh calm down, you sing for people every other night. Lets go."

Hyoyeon then grabbed her hand leading her out of the building until a boy stopped Taeyeon at the doorway.

"Hey noona! Is she your sister?" He yelled from the door.

"No!" The both replied walking away.

"Hyo.. I still have one more class," Taeyeon poked at the other girl.

"Well, you're skipping, were going to eat," Hyoyeon dragged the other to her car, almost forcing her to a nearby restaurant.

The two walked into a large foyer with dim lights, a hostess approached staring at their attire since they seemed to have entered a nice restaurant.

The hostess coughed and asked, "are you looking for the gym? It's two doors down."

"No, we're here to eat," the blonde replied almost ready to roll her eyes.

"Ms. Kim?!" The hostess looked at Taeyeon with wide eyes, "I'm sorry I didn't see you."

"Uhh.. It's alright. Can we just get a table,"Taeyeon said almost as a whimper.

"Of course ma'am, will you sing here tonight?" The hostess asked curiously.

"No.. Maybe next time," Taeyeon gave a half smile getting a nod from the woman.

"Have a wonderful lunch then, it will be on the house," the hostess walked away to her podium as Hyoyeon stared at Taeyeon.

"Is there something you're not telling me? I knew that you sang at a club but not here..." Hyoyeon said leaning against the table.

"Well, all you know is I live alone right? Well... I didn't know you would be taking me here.." Taeyeon stuttered looking around frantically.

"Why are you getting so anxious?" Hyoyeon held onto the other's hand with a worried complexion.

"Because.. My parents own this place and that hostess has had a crush on me for years, that's why I stopped singing here.." Taeyeon confessed, "but my parents also don't live here and visit once and awhile so I guess that means..."

"You're the owner.." Hyoyeon's eyes spread open, "is that why you are taking business?"

"Sort of.. I have other reasons too," Taeyeon's cheeks blushed with each word reminding her of why she came to that school anyway. Kim Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon nodded rubbing the other's hand, "would you like for us to go somewhere else?"

Taeyeon smiled and shook her head, "give me a second." Taeyeon walked away from the table they had been seated at and walked to a backroom hoping that her parents wouldn't be in. She opened the door to see their daytime manager staring at a computer screen.

“ahm..” Taeyeon mumbled then coughed to get the man’s attention.

“AHH! MA’AM!” The man almost fell out of his chair shocked to see her there. She chuckled to herself, watching him clean up the mess that he just created.

“It’s okay, can you just tell the chef to make something special for my date and I? Tell him to do me another favor,” she then whispered her request, taking a bottle of wine back with her to the dining area.

“What took you so long?” Hyoyeon asked with a giggle, “I was thinking about to just pick up some clothes and come back to pick you up.”

Taeyeon scoffed pouring a glass for the blonde, “Why would I leave such a.. beautiful girl.” Taeyeon then seated herself watching her take a sip of the glass that she just poured.

“Seriously though, what took you so long?” Hyoyeon put down the glass swirling her index finger along the linens.

“Oh I talked to the manager, and checked if my parents were here,” Taeyeon replied quickly, sipping her own glass.

“No.. what took you so long?” Hyoyeon leaned into the table, accentuating the fact that the two were almost alone in the dark room. Her face lit up by the candle that had sat within their centerpiece.

“What do you mean Hyo?” Taeyeon leaned back at their sudden closeness, feeling her heated cheeks.

“How can you.. not.. you know feel this? Like, what was the point of the date if you don't go? I’m happy you were late to class today or else you might run away from me,”  Hyoyeon mumbled causing Taeyeon to almost spit out the liquid in . Taeyeon knew her only reason for even being in this town was the girl across from her but she understood she had a problem with those types of feelings.

“Hyo, I.. It’s the complete opposite of that. I didn't go because I was nervous. If I could choose the one girl to be with it would-” Taeyeon tried to continue her final speech until a woman walked into the room.

“TAEYEON-AH!!!” the woman called out causing Taeyeon’s eyes to open wide, it was her mother.

“umma..” Taeyeon whispered as her mother approached.

“Why didn't you tell me you were coming?” Her mother scolded until she noticed Hyoyeon.

“Oh hello, who is this honey?” Taeyeon’s mother nodded and smiled.

“She is.. my..” Taeyeon thought for a while opening to finish her answer.

“date,” Hyoyeon answered for her another time, this time causing Taeyeon to spit out her water into the napkin she was about to use.

“ahh, okay,” Taeyeon’s mother answered blandly walking into the back office.

“Hyo, I’m sorry, it's just..” Taeyeon tried to explain.

“HURRY UP WITH THAT ORDER MY DAUGHTER IS ON A DATE!!” A voice yelled in the kitchen.

“That’s why..” Taeyeon said covering her face.

Hyoyeon giggled and kissed Taeyeon’s cheek, “It will be okay.”

A server walked out with a small cake instead of their dinner.

“I think you have the wrong table,”Hyoyeon told the man holding the candlelit cake.

“No, he has the right table,” Taeyeon smiled as the man put the cake down, bowing before he left the table.

The cake was perfectly round, showing off it's layers. Around it had seven words especially made for Hyoyeon. “Will you go out with me Hyoyeon?”

“Will you be my girlfriend?”Taeyeon asked as Hyoyeon read the plate, “Before my mother interrupted, I wanted to say that you were the perfect one. You were the thing that always was missing in my life. I chickened out because I wanted the day I asked you this question to be perfect. Maybe this ended up being just a spur of the moment. I honestly just asked the chef to make this for you when we got here.. I hope this is enough..”

Hyoyeon looked up shocked, biting the edge of her lip, “I think I’m going to need coffee with this.”

Taeyeon blinked confusedly staring straight into the other’s eyes.

“Of course I will be with you...” Hyoyeon replied as the waitress came asking if they needed anything.

“Yeah, can we have two cups of coffee, please?”

 


I guess they just always have to end with coffee.

i hope you all have a nice day/evening. sorry for how late I am

-Kai

comment.subscribe.yell at me.