TaengSic- "Misplaced Algorithms"

Hotel Restlessness (oneshot collection)

Taeyeon, she was the type of girl that had her whole life planned out to the dot. When she would be finished with school and financially stable to live on her own, she planned to travel abroad, get married at the quaint age of twenty-nine. She knew some people thought that was late but she wanted to live her life. She gave herself a five year boundary to find the one she loved, no matter how controlling she was over her own movements she loved the fact of fate. Finding the one someone that could fill in all the missing blanks on your “perfect love” test. She loved the fact of creative answers and that’s what she was searching for. Just imagine it, this business major sitting in her favorite math classes at the age of twenty, waiting for the chance to find love.

“Tae!” a small bunny like girl hopped towards her, “Can you wait my tables tonight? I have to visit my umma at the hospital. Today is her surgery.”

Like the typical girl Taeyeon was she waved her hand in the air signaling that she would do the favor for the petite girl, gaining a tight squeeze for a reward.

“Yah! you know I don't do this often Sunny,” Taeyeon warned sending the girl a confidence that only Taeyeon showed when she was sure of something.

“Yeah Tae-Tae...” Sunny smiled throwing her apron towards her best friend’s face, sending the girl over the edge.

“Lee Soonkyu,” Taeyeon grumbled under her breath as a crowd of girls entered the small diner, “on the best night of her shift too.”

She shook her head before taking a breath, she may have had her life well planned out but the fact that her friends were scarce in between meant that the girl had troubles communicating with people. She would gain a nervous twitch sometimes having to hide behind her best friend for pretty much all her life.

“Kim Taeyeon...” Taeyeon heard from behind her as she turned to see her manager with a glum smile.

“I know Mrs. Oh. I will do it,” Taeyeon stepped gingerly towards the group feeling her knees begin to buckle as she felt the air thicken. So many.. people.

"Ahm.. Annyeong," she greeted a bit unsatisfied with her own approach. The crowd smiled politely at her, something she never expected. They all seemed to be affiliated with a sports team showing that they all had matching uniforms with the word 'Soshi' written across their backs.

"Oh.. Uhh.. Would you all like anything to drink..?" She bit her lip thinking through the many steps she should take when taking orders. Over the many years working at the same diner, no matter how much she had practiced she could never seem to speak to strangers, she gained a reputation for it. People would never complain about Taeyeon but gave her a loving smile, always. Taeyeon knew of that but the people in front of her, she has never seen before, they were all not from there.

"Water would be fine, for us all," a blonde snapped showing a glum look on her face, she looked pissed in the eyes of Taeyeon and the group ended up agreeing with the girl. Taeyeon nodded walking off hearing another of the blondes of the five spoke.

"Jessi, we can order for ourselves," the girl said while smiling.

"Say that for yourself Hyoyeon. We lost our game tonight," the girl who ordered for them said while looking down, "NyuhDae has gotten so much better lately."

"It's Kwon! What do you expect when they have such an ace player," Hyoyeon replied in such a way she couldn't believe Jessica had forgotten.

"You know I can't forget about Kwon," Jessica mumbled playing with the fork on her table, "where is our waitress?"

Taeyeon walked up at that moment with their waters, she scanned their body movements. What's next...?

She shook furiously as she took out her notepad, she was about to open when Jessica answered her question right away.

"Can we order now?" Jessica snapped once she saw Taeyeon.

The short raven haired girl nodded as she listened around the table writing it down word for word. She bowed unwillingly before leaving to give the cook their orders.

"Tae, are you okay?" Mrs. Oh asked noticing the girl turn a dark shade of red. Taeyeon was already choking on her words, all that could come out were small croaks and rampant hand motions trying to illustrate what had happened.

"Take a break for the night?" Mrs. Oh asked, "go ahead and serve one of the couples."

Taeyeon nodded walking off to the other side of the restaurant, towards the door. The blonde unconsciously watched her leave the restaurant for fresh air. She stood almost preoccupied as she thought of Kwon Yuri, the head of their rival volleyball team. The rest of the team hadn't known that the two had a secret relationship that ended badly, leading to Yuri beating their team at finals. Jessica knew she did it to get the upper hand and she was the most sorry of all her team members. She never wanted them to know, she never wanted to show it, so she decided to prepare them for the next year.

“You okay Jessi?” Sooyoung asked, “I know you wanted to win but we tried our best.”

Jessica only nodded her head quickly as she made her way out of the restaurant door, she never wanted to be in that situation with them. Yuri had promised her that it would never happen and now she was standing in her rival’s hometown lost and heartbroken.

Taeyeon stood with her hand on her chest, breathing in and out methodically thinking over what she was going to do next. She began mumbling to herself each step, “drinks..bring drinks..take order..bring to cook..go to another table.. repeat..go to cook and pick up food..deliver..ask questions..”

She continued thinking of each thing she had to do, breathing in a last time before smiling to herself as she gave herself praise, “Taeyeon hwaiting!”

Jessica heard soft mumbling in the distance that shocked her as she continued to look up in the sky, she didn't want the rest of her members to see her crying. She cupped her eyes as she squinted into the distance seeing her waitress.

“Hey You!” Jessica yelled as she wiped her eyes walking towards the girl.

Taeyeon began shaking on the spot as she thought, “What do I do?”

She cursed under her breath as she felt her vocal cords freeze on the spot, her cheeks then began to burn as she watched the blonde walk towards her. She made a jittery smile as the girl looked at her as if waiting for something.

“Why aren’t you inside with the girls?” Jessica asked looking at the girl puzzled.

Taeyeon put up a quivering finger that pointed towards the group of girls, Mrs. Oh was handing food to the girls with a large smile. Jessica nodded her head, the lights above their head sensing the darkness. At that moment the taller noticed the girl’s shaking and held her shoulder.

“Are you okay...?” Jessica asked more concerned that time. Taeyeon bit her lip avoiding eye contact as she tapped her apron impatiently, she tried to move away as the girl caught a hold of her.

“I-I’m sorry,” a croak left Taeyeon’s lips as she tried to move closer to the door.

“Wait!” Jessica said holding tighter, Taeyeon turned with the eyes of someone lost. She had no idea what to do in that situation, she had no perfect solution to get out. She had no set of steps to follow so the girl would leave her alone. She swallowed hard feeling the lining of begin to swell.

“Do you know NyuhDae?” Jessica asked, trying to see if the girl knew of her.

“N-NyuhDae U-U-Univer...sity..?” Taeyeon asked with caution as the girl in front of her nodded. Taeyeon nodded back as she looked back down, mustering all her strength to just look away.

“Are you sure you are okay.....?” Jessica looked down to the girl’s shirt noticing her nametag,  “Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon gasped pulling away as she felt herself heat up.

“They are our rivals, we lost badly to them and we come from all the way on the other side of the country. I can't believe I came here believing she would be there for me. Do you know how that feels?” Jessica asked feeling her tears drop, Taeyeon’s throat seemed to cease from increasing in size and her icy cords melted yet her cheeks continued to burn.

“What happened..?” Taeyeon’s weak voice asked curiously.

“I fell in love with my enemy and she used my love against me. It not only hurt me but all of my teammates and I wish I could just turn back time so that they don't have to go through it all,” Jessica confessed with remorse as she began to fire up again, “I will get you back Kwon Yuri!”

“Kwon..?” Taeyeon asked shocked, “Kwon was my...”

“Your what?” Jessica asked rashly.

“She was my friend growing up, we... we’re just two way different people now,” Taeyeon giggled awkwardly moving the hair from her face. She then realized she wasn't over analyzing their conversation, she knew she had done that with Sunny but that was because of twenty years with the girl. She has only met Jessica and is somehow talking to her as if they have known each other just as much.

“And why are you out here?” Jessica asked, “I told you why I am. Why are you?”

“I... hmm.. I have speaking issues. I always have ever since I was young. I can write perfectly well, and they tell me I may just be overthinking everything I say and I don't want to make mistakes. I have lived my life as a mathematical equation instead of... words of love?” Taeyeon asked herself with a finger on her chin.

“Mistakes..?” Jessica asked with an eyebrow up noticing the chilling air run through Taeyeon’s hair, she stepped forward blocking the breeze. It shocked Taeyeon enough to back up and knock over the trashcan.

“Th-those mistakes,” Taeyeon looked down embarrassed as she felt tears walk down her cheeks.

“No need to cry...” Jessica pulled her in for a hug as she put the trash can back up.

“No.. not the trashcan,” Taeyeon chuckled as she wiped a stray tear, “I had told my mother that I hated her when she was battling cancer when I was three. I was a stupid kid and my brother scolded me. What hurts is those were the last words I had said to her, ever since then I never wanted my last words to anyone be hate. I watch what I say and when the room of people expands I get anxiety and I choke up. I choke up thinking about all the things I could have said to my mother that I didn't want to make the same mistake.”

Jessica looked down stunned, “How are you pouring yourself out to me then?”

“Thats the thing, I have no idea why I am telling you... you are the first,” Taeyeon confessed as the girl looked at her astonished.

“You mean... I’m the first person to know about this?” Jessica asked as she thought about she herself pouring herself to this complete stranger.

“Yes, well my best friend knows I don't like talking but she never knew why... y-your name is?” Taeyeon asked as she wiped her eyes, “her mother is in the hospital right now so it's hard to say things...”

Another of Taeyeon’s awkward chuckles rang out as Jessica replied, “I’m Jessica. Jessica Jung. It’s nice to meet you Taeyeon.”

Jessica smiled as she helped the girl wipe her eyes, “It will be okay sweetie. I promise.”

She didn't only say those words to Taeyeon but herself, she knew it was a new step in her life. Kwon wasn't in her mind after that moment, she was only worried about Taeyeon. Maybe traveling hundreds of miles to meet the love of her life came true. She couldn't say that Taeyeon was her lover but she knew she understood her. She knew she was the girl she wanted to protect, to help throughout the years of her life. Yet she couldn't just pursue her, she knew she couldn't just bring the idea of dating to someone who has lived to not bring hurt. It still gave her hope, it gave her hope in believing that Taeyeon would never want to hurt her, and she was the opposite of Yuri.

“How do you know it will be okay..?” Taeyeon asked as she looked at the girl, she was shocked with how fast her heart was beating. They say when you met who you loved you would choke. No, she was comfortable. So comfortable that it was unreal, the only one she felt comfort in was Sunny and that was due to experience. Jessica was an experience that she had never had before, yes she did choke when they first met but something triggered something inside her. She felt as if her body had been flipped around to see something new. She didn't need to think of what to say to Jessica. She knew what she was saying was right. She never had to analyze her every move.

“Because, I will be here for you,” Jessica said as she leaned down leaving a kiss on the girl’s forehead. Taeyeon’s cheeks burned with fire as she hid them from sight.

“Stop being so cute,” Jessica teased as she kissed the girl’s forehead again.

“Now you are just being cheesy,” Taeyeon stuck out her tongue before lifting herself up onto her toes and kissed the girl lightly.

“Well excuse me,” Jessica giggled as she felt her cheeks looking a lot similar to Taeyeon’s, “it just seems I have met my lover after all. I guess it just wasn't Yuri. Thank you Tae.”

“N-no problem,”Taeyeon smiled wide as she felt the girl’s warm hand.

“yes, the girls are going to grill us once we’re inside...” Jessica said noticing the front of the diner was glass with five ever smiling girls in front of them. They looked at each other in horror as they opened the door.

“Just be prepared for the abuse..”


“I thought all I needed was you?”

I wanted to end the story with TaengSic just having crushes on each other but you know. All my stories mysteriously fall in love and kiss each other so HEY!

We'll let it happen.

I'm sure there are tons of mistakes because Author-ssi just wrote this when she came home so I whipped this out of my pocket in about an hour. Go ahead and hate on it /sob sob. I need to improve my writing anyway.

Thank you everyone for reading upvoting. Being the best readers anyone could have. The posters! oh man! They make me so excited! 

Love you guys!

-Kai

comment.subscribe.yell at me. 

ps. upvote too? :*

im bad. dont listen to me *giggles to self*