Chivalry

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before anything, I'd like to clarify that Bittersweet overlaps with Touch of Fear's timeline, at least in the beginning. This is before Miyoung met Sehun, the day she flew to Germany.

---

“Remember, he is the heir of a very important family. Behave well, Miyoung.”

Not this again.

She blew some hair strands out of her face, the cellphone still in her hand. “Yes, father.”

Looking around the crowded airport, she put the phone back into her bag. The long hours of flying had left her really tired. Adding to that, there wasn't a single spark of anticipation in her, as this trip to Germany would probably filled with boredom, insincerity, and some annoyance. She could already imagine the boy she was going to meet. A spoiled, and arrogant person, wanting to have some fun in a foreign country. Which was the complete opposite to Miyoung herself: she had come here to learn.

After years of staying in Japan, in that stifling mansion and sterile room of hers, she had finally been granted permission to do something proper. And she'd been quite excited at first because coming to Germany meant learning first-hand about economy and therefore being more capable to leading her family's business in the future. However, that excitement quickly died when she'd been told that a boy would accompany her during her stay. A boy whose father was the CEO of the biggest hospital line in Korea. A boy around whom her father wanted her to behave well. A potential fiancé.

Miyoung's lips tightened at that very thought, and she was about to sigh when she heard someone call her, “Lee Agassi?”

Immediately, her lips loosened and formed into little faux smile. The exhaustion disappeared from her face the second she turned around. She could see a short figure, a photo in his hand, making his way to her through the crowd. It was the secretary her father had spoken of. The one who would her to her dorms and the one she could contact if she had any problems during the stay.

Miyoung quietly observed as he roughly pushed the others aside. Her lips tightened again when he snapped at a little child before shoving it so strongly that it fell to the ground. The man didn't even blink and only walked further. The girl's gaze, however, remained on the child, who still lay on the floor. Due to the many people his parents seemed to have lost sight of him and the other people didn't notice him as they were too focused on whoever they had to pick up from the airport. The little boy rubbed his arm with a helpless expression, as he looked around for this parents. He was getting teary.

A part of her wanted to squeeze through the crowd, ignore the secretary, and help that child. But on the other hand, in this chaos, someone might steal her luggage if she left it unattended. And after almost having her luggage stolen at the airport in Incheon, she didn't want to go through that again. Not with the possibility that her father might get scent of her little mishap.

But no one else would help him, if she didn't …

A silent sigh slipped from Miyoung's lips. She'd just taken a step forward when her eyes noticed two hands gently grabbing the child's arms and pulling the boy up. She blinked twice, her eyes still following the two hands that patted the little boy's shoulder gently and then ruffled his hair, which made the child stop crying.

The mother or the father had probably finally found the child. Miyoung squinted to see better. As a few people finally stepped aside, she could finally see who'd helped that little boy. Her eyes widened a little bit.

She'd expected to see anyone but someone like that. Someone her age, a boy. And very handsome one on top of that. Still surprised, she watched the stranger say something to that child before he took his hand and walked away. She frowned. Where was he taking that child? Was it the brother? Or perhaps a child molester? Her eyes widened slightly at the thought, but in that moment the secretary appeared in front of Miyoung. The two had disappeared behind the crowd.

The girl immediately straightened and shifted her gaze from the crowd to the older man with small eyes known as secretary Shim.

After squinting at the photograph in his hand a second time, an affirmative look appeared on the man's face and he immediately smiled. A little too wide for Miyoung's taste, but what did that matter anyway. He greeted her with a little bow, to which the girl slowly bowed back; timid and well behaved.

“Good afternoon, Agassi. I hope your flight wasn't all too tiring.” The smile grew even wider.

As if you care. “Thank you for your concern, Secretary Shim.”

“Your car has been prepared.”

Miyoung forced another little smile and nodded quietly. She wanted to grab all of her luggage, but a hand stopped her from doing so. “Ah, Agassi, a petite girl like you shouldn't carry such heavy things,” the secretary said and took the luggage. He laughed, and Miyoung wished he wouldn't. His laughter was just too loud and faux.

A barely noticeable frown appeared on Miyoung's forehead. It was almost fascinating how much of a hypocrite someone could be. He could shove a child to the ground without a blink of an eye, but when it was about her, someone of importance, then he'd be willing to drag all those heavy suitcases. But then again, she'd seen people like him before. They were all the same.

“Thank you,” she softly said, but her words held not a spark of gratitude.

Her thoughts wandered off to that little child again as they began making their way to the car, and she hoped strongly that the stranger wasn't a child molester.

When they were already seated in the car, Miyoung lazily gazed at the people who walked out of the airport. There was something she really didn't like about airports: the hustle. Everyone would be in such a rush, and thus very inattentive of the surroundings. The only thought occupying the people's mind is either their own flight or picking up a person and so on. If something happened, like the child falling on the ground, everyone would be too busy to notice. That, and the crowd. Miyoung really disl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter