Difference

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

There were two things occupying Miyoung’s mind as she sat in the tent, resting as she was tired from the eventful day: Sehun’s absence and the intern’s help she’d received. She was barely paying attention to the pain in her swollen finger.

Why was Sehun still missing? Shouldn’t he be back by now? Had something happened? Was he injured?

Why had that intern, Luhan, suddenly decided to help her? Had he actually watched her during the complete act of her miserably failing to build the tent? If so, why hadn’t he helped her earlier? Not that I care about having embarrassed myself in front of him, though, she thought, puckering her lips, as she opened her bag to drink a bit water. Definitely not.

When the clear water refreshed her parched throat, her thoughts went over to Sehun again. Earlier, she had realised that he’d forgotten his backpack here. What was he going to do in the forest without his backpack? Wasn’t he thirsty? Or cold? The backpack contained all the important items, and yet, he’d forgotten it.

Of course, he would, she pursed her lips, considering in what hurry and panic he was, earlier.

Truthfully, even if she had wanted to push away all those assumptions about the reason for Sehun’s sudden leave, she had felt this pressure at the back of her head for the whole time, except for the confusion she’d felt when the intern helped her.

What was that Park Ara to him? But Miyoung forced herself not to have too many dumb assumptions before she had any confirmation.

However, right now, Sehun’s well-being was much more important. She stared at her phone. There was no signal here, so calling was no option.

Miyoung furrowed her brows. Had he found that girl? If yes, then the teachers should be able to find them with the tracker in her backpack, right?

In the end, not only Sehun was outside, but she had been out for a long time, too, hadn’t she? She had to be hungry and tired, so they should be found as soon as possible. All assumptions aside, both of them were classmates of Miyoung after all.

To be out for such a long time …

Unable to remain still anymore, she opened the tent and went out, searching for a teacher. She needed to ask, if they had already tried looking for the girl’s tracker. She couldn’t just go on and sleep peacefully, knowing that Sehun was out there without his tracker. Who knew what might have happened?

In the darkness, with only the moonlight illuminating the camp, she could barely make out anything and there weren’t any teachers. They were most-likely sleeping.

How the hell could those teachers sleep when two of their students were out there?!

Miyoung angrily stomped forward, not realising that she was nearing the front of the forest. She halted next to a tree when she had taken several steps into the forest.

Should she go and look for them?

She looked down at her attire, she wasn’t even wearing her jacket and she didn’t have her tracker with her either. Then her gaze wandered to her surroundings. It was dark and cold.

Wouldn’t that be stupid?

It was dangerous and even if she was a classmate to the girl and a friend – and probably-to-be-fiancé – to Sehun, she wasn’t obliged to put herself in danger to help them, right? Besides, being out during the rest period when no teacher was out to watch over the students was already a little dangerous, wasn’t it? There could be thieves or people worse than that. Murderers or molesters. And even apart from that, the forest itself was a bit scary. Miyoung had always been scared of horror movies and this was the perfect setting for one.

However, before the girl could continue worrying about that, the sight of the forest when the moon suddenly appeared as the clouds parted already captured her. And she caught herself thinking that the moonlight graced the trees beautifully. It was a romantic sight, an intimate sight, a magical sight.

A sigh left her lips unknowingly. If he did find her, why weren’t they coming back? Is it because they want to enjoy the night in the beautiful forest with the moon as their protector?

Miyoung wasn’t aware of what she was thinking, too enthralled by the forest’s beauty.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter