Return

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With heavy eyelids, Miyoung put away the manga she'd been reading for the past hour. Knowing that her flight was now to Korea and therefore later, she didn’t want to sleep so early anymore. Besides, it had been so long since she'd last read a manga. During her stay here there hadn't been time to do any reading until today, and the last thing she'd read in Japan had been a book – an adventurous novel, to be exact.

And Miyoung loved mangas, she loved reading in general. The cliché plots didn't bother her all too much; she simply enjoyed the cute moments of interaction and liked drooling over the male lead and swoon over the pretty drawings.

In the much free time she'd had to spent alone as a child, when she wasn’t sick or doing school work, she'd always read. Novels and mangas, preferably. But sometimes even biographies or poems. Whatever it was, Miyoung really loved reading. From a young age on, she'd spent her time doing that because the outer world had never been in her reach with the strictness of her upbringing and her weak health. But actually, as much as she'd wanted to go out and play, the love for reading wasn't forced. If anything, she was just so thankful that there was something as wonderful as reading to make up for her not being allowed to leave her room.

Perhaps, she hadn't been able to jump around outside under the sun, but with books she'd always been able to go on her very own adventures. Perhaps, she hadn't been able to become good friends with any of her classmates, but the book characters she'd gotten to know were all so wonderful that Miyoung made them her friends in her imagination.

It'd been fun with them, fighting against evil witches, travelling around the world, around the universe, meeting aliens, flying to the kingdoms on clouds, swimming in the deepest parts of the ocean, travelling back in time or even to the future. Her fictional crushes, too, had felt unbelievably sweet

Miyoung would never consider the little free time she'd back then boring. Knowing where the limit to what she could get was, she actually relished the little spare time she'd have after catching up with school work or some extra school and economy work. And sometimes she'd just put her school work aside and read from her favourite books.

 

However, after some time her father had realised that Miyoung was doing less school work and used it on those “nonsensical books” as he liked to call them, and seized all the books he considered to be nonsensical, only leaving some biographies back.

 

During the first few days it'd been so hard for Miyoung to cope with it, but as time passed, she simply imagined stories in her mind. She'd read so much that her imagination was so lively anyway. And after some time, when she showed her father that she was doing the school work diligently, she was able to get some books back. And ever since her health was becoming a little better, she'd been allowed to leave the house – at first, only with maids of course – and then she'd simply get all the books and mangas.

 

Those imaginary stories, however, were something she still did even after getting her books back. It was quite fun to create something that's completely to your liking. She loved creating romantic scenes in her mind, enjoyed thinking about her dream boy, dreamed about falling in love.

 

And now that she'd, at last, fallen in love for real, Miyoung couldn't contain her happiness. Especially not when she knew that she wouldn't have to part from him. From her first prince in real life.

 

And Miyoung's eyelids fell close, her hands dropping the manga onto her blanket, as she sunk into a sweet dream of all the fun days that were to come with Sehun.

 

-

 

“We're here,” a familiar voice woke her up.

 

Miyoung's lids fluttered open, and for a moment she was at loss as to where she was, why and how. That was until she remembered that she'd taken the plane to Korea; that she'd stayed up far too late yesterday and had therefore fallen asleep during the last half of the flight. And she seemed to have been sound asleep, as she was now sitting in a car, contrary to her memory of getting into a plane.

 

“Wh-”

 

“-We're here, in Korea, in front of your family's mansion, and in three hours school will start,” Sehun cut her off, opening the car door. Before Miyoung had enough time to ponder about who carried from the airport (hopefully Sehun) (and why no one had woken her up earlier), Sehun grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the car. Even if his gaze seemed annoyed, his action was gentle.

 

“I think you slept enough. I thought you were dead when nothing could wake you up after we landed,” he mumbled, his lips twitching into an amused smile, as he opened the boot and got out her bag. Her other luggage had been fetched up separately by some worker for the Lee family.

 

A blush crept onto Miyoung's cheeks as she thought about how embarrassing that was, but before she could say anything, Sehun already took a step closer to the car to get back. “I'll be leaving then. Any information regarding our school has been sent to your driver and maid. See you at school.” He smiled a little and waved goodbye.

 

And then he was gone.

 

Miyoung stared after the car for a long time. It felt a little too quick, somehow. It wasn't as if Miyoung had expected him to go into her house (or maybe she did after all), but it seemed like her getting out of the car, him pushing the bag into her hands, and him leaving happened in five seconds. And a tiny little b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter