Help

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the whole walk Miyoung's eyebrows were knitted in concentration and confusion. She had tried to figure out what happened for Sehun's mood to be like this. It was so out of character for him to be like this. "Ah," a gasp escaped her lips, as she felt the ground under feet disappear for a split second. However, before she could fall, unexpectedly, a pair of strong arms had already caught her. 

Slightly bewildered, she stared up at Sehun, who'd apparently caught her fall. Having looked around, she assessed that she had been walking down the stairs of the wooden house. After she stepped away from the boy, she bit her lower lip hard to snap out of her thoughts and get herself together. Ever since earlier in the forest, her thoughts had been with Sehun, causing her to bump into things and people and stumble. It was simply idiotic.

 

Miyoung breathed out slowly. She had to focus on what was in front of her. More so, since the rally was going to start quite soon. Physically, she'd been fine so far, so it'd be a shame to ruin the trip with her clumsiness. Right?

 

With that thought, the girl pushed away all unnecessary worries and assumptions and concentrated on enjoying the trip.

 

Much to the girl's luck and liking, she had managed to get herself together for the rally. She and Sehun managed to find the answer to every question in no time. It was all owing to Miyoung, though, since she'd perfectly paid attention to what the forester had talked about. It was her first rally and the girl was happy that it all went so smoothly. Truthfully, she hadn't had so much fun doing a task in such a long time. It felt like a little adventure, wandering through the big forest and solving difficult questions and finding the right spots.

 

It was a bit exhausting to walk so much, but that was something the girl would gladly tolerate in exchange for breathing in the fresh air, having the fun of solving the questions and being Sehun while doing all of that.

 

However, being together Sehun did come second to all the interesting things she'd learned about nature at the moment. Her thoughts were completely with the rally and the tasks. But hearing his voice as she asked him about a few things and having him help her whenever she stumbled over the uneven ground just made the whole experience better.

 

 

 

-

 

Miyoung stared at the telt in front of her. Or rather: the unfinished tent cloth that'd been laying there for ten minutes already. They had been the first pair to return from the rally, and by now it had been half an hour, since they had gone to the wooden hut to grab something to eat first. Slowly all the other students were catching up and some of those who'd arrived later had already finished their tents. Sehun hadn't begun until now, as he had been standing near the forest, wanting to rest a little with the forest's fresh air – at least, that's what he'd told Miyoung.

The girl watched as Sehun, who'd just come back, began putting up his tent. Her gaze snapped back to the instruction paper in her hand and she sighed. Gosh, this was difficult! She held up the cloth as much as she could, but her short height and short arms made it really hard for her to get the cloth over the poles. Just as she was finally about to pull the cloth over the poles, her left foot accidentally stepped on the stakes, causing one of the poles to fall over.

After a long while of trying and failing, she sat down and drank some water, watching as Sehun built his tent. It didn't take long for him to finish it, since his height and long arms made it easy for him. Throwing a glance at her own tent, she pressed her lips together in designation before standing up.

"Oppa, can you help me with the cloth once I've built the skeleton? " Miyoung asked as she began putting up the two poles again.

Sehun took a second too long to reply and the girl realised that he was elsewhere with his thoughts. The whole time they'd been back from the walk in the forest, during the teacher's instructions to build their tent up until now, she hadn't realised, since she had been just as dazed. But the way he kneaded his hands and couldn't seem to stand still indicated that something was wrong.

Miyoung frowned, but refrained from saying anything. Taking a deep breath, she picked the stake up to fixate it anew. Once she was finished, she stepped away, and as the male grabbed the cloth, she pondered about what could be the reason for his dazedness.

With her lips pressed together, she watched him go to her tent. Just then, when she could hear a faint rustle (she didn't really pay attention), Sehun suddenly spun around. Not even a second passed - Miyoung didn't even have the time to turn around - when the boy threw away the fabric of the tent, eyes wide. He slightly bumped against his own tent and one of the poles fell over, but the boy didn't even spare a glance at it.

Just what did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter