Weird

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

"I-I'll do it myself!" Miyoung mumbled after they entered the wooden house. "You can go back to sleep or ..." her voice became quiet when she realised that he never had the intention to go to sleep. He wanted to look for Sehun and the girl. That girl, Ara, especially. And once again, she wanted to snort at how unprofessional a teacher he was. Or so she thought, her lips tightening in an almost childish way, as she pulled a chair to her to sit down.

"Yeah, but I'll have to stay here anyway because students aren't allowed to enter here without teachers." He turned to one of the desks and opened one drawer, getting out disinfect and bandages. “And I think I’d rather do it ‘cause treating a wound isn’t as easy as it seems, and you …” he broke off, looking like he was suppressing a smile, “probably have no experience in such things.”

Miyoung opened to defend herself, only to close it with the realisation that she really didn’t know how to properly do it. But now that she thought about it, was there actually a way of “properly” doing it? She stared at her wound. It shouldn’t be that difficult. Just dabbing on the wound with the disinfecting liquidand bandaging it, wasn’t it?

She remained quiet, though, not wanting to embarrass herself, in case she was wrong.

“Tch,” a soft chuckle made her look up.

Luhan was walking towards her, laughing lightly. “You don’t have to feel so offended by that. It was a joke.”

Miyoung’s lips parted a little as she heard him say that. A joke? Why would someone make such an unfunny joke? Her gaze darkened as she realised that she had actually hesitated for a moment, wondering if she actually knew how to do it.

 

Amused by the slight furrowing of her brows, Luhan sat down next to her and carefully reached for her hand, the bandage and disinfect on his lap.

“But obviously, you can’t properly treat it right now. Bandaging with only one hand is hard, you know?”

“Mhm,” the girl mumbled, too distracted by his cold fingertips when they, every now and then, touched her hand, to notice his tone. It was a tone that showed experience.

His movements were relatively slow, but to her, they felt even slower. Disinfecting her wound very carefully with small dabs and then carefully wrapping the bandage around it.

And at times his fingers would come into contact with her hand again. Embarrassed for some reason and feeling awkward, Miyoung gulped a few times. To her dismay, those gulps seemed to echo in the whole, silent wooden house. Or maybe it was just her because Luhan continued bandaging her.

Gnawing on her lips, the girl tried to avoid staring at him by focusing on the old floor almost ridiculously much. Gosh, why do I feel so awkward?! Probably because here she was, an 18-year-old getting bandaged by an adult, who didn’t even look like one. But then again, it’s him who insisted on doing so!

When the whole procedure was finally over, Miyoung stood up and let out a sigh of relief, clearing . She’d never felt so awkward before.

“Okay, done. Now go back to your tent before the other teachers catch you,” Luhan said, smiling friendlily.

“But-”

“No buts! Be thankful, I’m letting you go this time. I know that you’ve been a few metres into the forest.”

That shut Miyoung up, and she bowed her head rather unwillingly. “Thank you …” It was true that she was kind of thankful that he wouldn’t tell the other teachers because her father would get scent of it. But Miyoung wanted to look out for Sehun a little longer. He was, after all, still out there – wait a moment. The girl remembered what she’d actually left her tent for.

“Lu – Mr. Lu! Have the teachers tried finding the signal of the girl’s tracker?” She spoke up suddenly, just as they got out of the wooden house, turning to the intern.

Realising how loud she’d just been, she continued in a softer voice, “I mean, teachers shouldn’t just go to sleep when two students are still missing … This – they have to take responsibility.”

Luhan stared at her for a moment too long, his expression weird, as if his thoughts were far away at this very second.

“Mr. Lu?”

Blinking twice, he seemed to snap back to reality. “I … – of course, what do you take teachers for?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter