Confusion

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

Miyoung happily breathed in the fresh air of the forest as she stepped out of the bus. Her whole body was filled with excitement, causing her to be unable to stay on spot. Attentively, she looked around, taking in the beauty of the nature. She had a perfect view on the entrance of the forest, a wall of seemingly hundreds of trees. It looked so beautiful, so special. More so, since Miyoung had been used to living in a city most of her life.

 

It had been a good decision to come here. Although it had taken a lot of persuasion regarding her maids and her father, she'd managed to get them agree to it. She had rested especially well on the weekend so that today she'd be full of energy. And even if she did get sick after the trip, being able to visit a forest, to experience real nature, absolutely made up for that.

 

For a few minutes, Miyoung just let her gaze wander around all the trees she could see. She only snapped out of it, when Sehun nudged her, telling her the teacher had called them. Slightly embarrassed, she nodded at Sehun. “Thanks.” A little sigh escaped her. How come Sehun never lost his focus? He always seemed so calm and collected, and in his case it wasn't just an act. Unlike for Miyoung; the said girl was only able to act as if she was calm and collected because in reality, she was a jittery and clumsy girl. And for her, that act was the most difficult. So, obviously, she was glad that she didn't have to do it in front of Sehun.

 

Soon, all third year students were gathered around the buses, and the teacher began to go through the checklist to make sure everyone was present and no one skipping. Then the rules for the rally were explained, as well as the schedule for the whole day. First, six foresters would guide the students – divided into six groups – through the forest, explaining and giving information about the trees and living organism – the students would have to take notes. Then, when they arrived at the wooden hut, they could take a break and eat something – food would be prepared. And afterward, they'd have to walk all the way back, having time to ask the foresters about things they hadn't understood during the first walk and try to memorize the way. After all that, they would have another break before the actual rally would begin. The rally consisted of answering twenty questions about the forest, each question hidden at a certain place they had come across earlier and each question concerning the place it is hidden at. The answer to a question would always hint the place of the next question. All questions and answers were made with much thoughtfulness. The hint for the place of the first question would be announced just before the rally begins. To make it a bit easier, the students would do the rally in teams of two.

Each student was equipped with a backpack that contained a one-person-tent, bedroll and tracker device. Even if the school was willing to do the same as a public school would do, there would still be a huge difference in the organization. From the buses to the high class equipment, everything was of good quality and prepared by the school. No public school would provide the students with such things, let alone a tracker device. The latter was for safety purposes as a cellphone wouldn’t work in the forest.

When the rally would be finished, they'd all gather at the wooden hut again, food would be prepared for those who wanted and the wooden hut provided many restrooms for the students to use. Since the wooden hut didn’t have any bedrooms, all students would sleep outside with their tents.

Unsurprisingly, all the students were moody upon being forced to participate in such a childish game. And the fact that they had to camp out made it even worse. The majority came from an elite family, only used to the big mansions and nice bedrooms. Even the girls who'd been so eager to go on this trip because of that intern became squeamish once they stepped on the dirty ground.

Miyoung clicked her tongue barely noticeably, as she looked around. She remembered perfectly how eager all girls had suddenly seemed. Now look at them, she thought, raising an eyebrow. From everyone here she was probably the most excited. Even if it was going to be cold and tiring to walk through a forest and rather uncomfortable to sleep in a tent, the very thought of going on a trip, on experiencing something so unusual made up for it, at least in Miyoung's opinion. She had never been to a forest and from everything she'd read, a forest was beautiful.

Miyoung took another deep breath. Hell, even the air here was a thousand times better than the one in the city!

When the teacher finally gave the sign that they'd start walking, Miyoung was the first one to move. She was the most motivated student here, after all. Breathing out excitedly, she walked up to the front, where forester was. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter