Disbelief

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next morning, with the alarm of her cellphone Miyoung forced herself to stand up even after getting only a few hours of sleep. Surprisingly, she hadn’t slept as badly as she had thought she would. She twisted her lips a little, feeling guilty that she hadn’t thought about Sehun at all the seconds before she’d fallen asleep. Luhan had been on her mind and how she was going to thank him, and Miyoung could feel that her dream from last night was also somehow connected to that, even though she couldn’t remember it anymore.

Now, however, there was this unsettling feeling again, not knowing if Sehun was okay. So the girl quickly got changed and left her tent, looking around. Little did she feel the disappointment when she couldn’t spot Sehun standing somewhere, with his usual stoic expression, safe and sound, despite knowing that this scenario was relatively unrealistic.

Miyoung huffed. Well, since she was now awake at this early hour, she could use it to thank the intern. Heaving a soft sigh, she turned to the direction of the teachers’ tents. She blinked repeatedly, surprised by the sight of Luhan standing a few metres away from her, back-facing her, though. She immediately recognised his blonde, fluffy hair. Noticing that he was looking at the forest, she wondered, if he had even slept. Or had he been waiting for Sehun and Ara?

For Ara especially, she thought, twisting her lips. In an attempt to shake off that thought, she fastened her steps as she approached him. But shortly before she was standing directly behind him, her determination faded and she turned around again while she was walking, brows heavily furrowed.

She couldn’t just go there and be like “hey, sorry for being a brat and thanks”, could she? She had to prepare herself to thank him properly. But before thinking about thanking him, shouldn’t she make up her mind on how to greet him first?

Miyoung halted her steps and, in ridiculously deep concentration, thought about how to greet him. “Hello, Mr. Lu. … Good morning, Mr. Lu. Have you slept well? …” She shook her head. Wasn’t that too much already? Besides, wouldn’t it come across as too stiff to greet him with hello and a bow? He seemed to be more of a laid back adult most of the time, so something like “Yo, Lu” would even be okay. But that was something that pranksters or the clowns of the class would do, and not Lee Miyoung.

The girl found herself chuckling at herself after mumbling “Yo, Lu”, when all of a sudden a voice interrupted her chuckling,

“Who you’re yo-ing, huh?” A far too familiar voice asked, and Miyoung just wanted to shrivel up. Why did he have to appear just when she was saying that?! How much of an awkward and embarrassing situation was this?

Pressing her lips together and hoping for her bangs to kind of cover her red cheeks, Miyoung turned around slowly. Gosh, this was so embarrassing. He literally caught her practicing how to greet him!

“Oh, I wasn’t yo-ing anyone,” she answered, smiling awkwardly. “I-I was just mumbling ‘YOLO’ to myself. You know? That You only live once thingy? I’ve heard classmates say it …” The last part was actually true. She had heard the other students use it, and although she liked the meaning, she didn’t like how it was used it so many unfitting situations.

“Pff … Teenagers,” she heard Luhan laugh, and truthfully, she wanted to huff at him. Being called teenager in such a mocking voice felt so idiotically humiliating to her. Especially, when what he thought of her right now wasn’t even true. She wasn’t one of those who used YOLO in every possible situation!

“Anyway, what are you doing? It’s still so early, not even the teachers are up,” Luhan changed the topic, and Miyoung mentally thanked him for that.

“You’re a teacher, as well,” she blurted, but Luhan only shook his head. “Nah, more like, soon-to-be teacher.”

“I, er, wanted to … thank you again.” Miyoung’s voice became weirdly soft as she said that. “But properly,” she added.

“For yesterday. I mean, I was really disrespectful yesterday, so …” she trailed off, bowing. “I'm sorry for my bad attitude, and thank you for helping me with my injury and for not telling the other teachers and yeah …” She decided during the last second to leave out the part of cheering up because that felt too personal to her, all of a sudden.

She remained in the bowing position for a while before the sound of suppressed laughter made her look up again.

He looked nice while laughing, Miyoung unwillingly noticed. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter