Awkwardness

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His face was really nice, with that pretty pale skin, dark eyes, and his sophisticated nose and lips. He was manly without looking too prominent. He was really tall, too, seeing how his was almost on one level with hers despite standing three stairs below her.

 

But what captured Miyoung the most was that genuine look in his eyes.

 

It was hard to describe how she figured that that quickly. But after all these years of facing hypocrisy, lies and corruption, she had developed the skill to detect those by looking into people's eyes.

 

Someone who looks straight into your eyes without the tiniest bit of reluctance or timidity. Someone who doesn't lift his face so much that he or she would have to look down on you. Someone who looks at you from the same level. Someone with that kind of clarity in the way he looks at you, that someone is genuine.

 

“And who are you?”

 

Miyoung was pulled out of her thoughts as he suddenly asked that. Growing embarrassed that she had lost herself so much in his face and his eyes, she took a few steps backward. It was an almost instinctive motve to bring enough distance between them so she could finally completely gather herself again. However, as if fate wanted to , she slipped from the third stair she'd climbed because her foot had only been on the edge. She squeezed her eyes shut as her weight fell forward.

 

The expected collusion with the stairs, however, didn't come.

 

With her eyes still closed, her hands moved around the surface of what she'd collided with. It was much softer than the ground, but still relatively solid. When she opened her eyes, the grey colour of a pullover greeted her and embarrassedly she lifted her gaze slowly, only to be met with that handsome face, that was looking at her with a bland expression. Staring up at him with reddened cheeks, she carefully tried to step back again.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

In the heat of the moment and too lost in her embarrassment, Miyoung didn't even notice the lack of sincerity in his voice as he asked.

 

“M-Miyoung. My name is Lee Miyoung,” she quickly said, mentally cursing herself for what had just taken place. Although she did have some balance problems due to dizziness at times, she normally wasn't this clumsy. The situation had just been so unfortunate.

 

She noticed as Sehun's eyes widened a bit at her mentioning her name before he gave a slight bow. “I see. See you, then.” And then he walked past her. She didn't even have the time to bow back because everything just happened too quickly. And above all, she hadn't even gotten to apologise for him having driven to the airport for nothing.

 

 

 

Miyoung slapped her own forehead and wiped down her whole face with her hand once she was back in her room. How could she? How in the world could she, after behaving so well for the whole day, forget putting on the mask in front of him? Him, around whom it would've been the most important to behave well. After keeping all sighs, every bit of frustration and annoyance to herself during the long flight, at the crowded airport, during the car ride and even in front of her maids, she had actually accidentally let it out in front of that heir. And if that hadn't been enough, she had to slip from the stair and stumble into his chest. She had presented him everything she shouldn't have. To think she'd went there to apologise and leave a good impression!

 

Miyoung groaned, burying her face into the pillow.

 

And this time, she wasn't only regretful about failing what her father wanted her to do. This time, the regret swimming inside her also came from herself. Because after finding out that this was the heir, in that split second she'd recognised his face, she had been so unbelievably relieved and happy. The boy she was going to spend her stay in Germany with, that Oh Sehun, was actually the chivalric boy from the airport! Would you believe it? He wasn't an arrogant and spoiled person with nothing but fun on his mind; he was actually someone who would, in the mass of people, help a little child find its parents.

 

Chivalric and handsome.

 

And manly. A blush crept onto her cheeks as the memory of his defined chest rushed through her, and she once again groaned into the pillow to muffle the sound.

 

After some seconds she sat up and put the pillow away. She took out her phone and opened an Internet tab. Typing in his name into the search bar, she let her thoughts wander off to the scene at the airport again. How he not only helped the child up, but also ruffled his hair so affectionately and brought it back to his parents. Truly chivalric, Miyoung thought with a little smile.

 

Within a second, the website already had results, and Miyoung eagerly clicked on the links given. Her eyes widened and her smile grew wider the more she read about him. There wasn't all too much on the Internet, but what she could find were articles of him winning competitions in maths, spelling bees in different languages and even musical competitions from when he was a child.

 

Her cheeks flushed in a light pink when she saw the photos that the articles had to offer. Truthfully, Oh Sehun had to be one of the cutest children she'd ever seen. With those smiling eyes and big grin, as he towered over most of his peers in the photos.

 

Seeing those photos and reading articles that praised him to no end, Miyoung found herself admiring him more and more. He had done all of those things in his childhood she'd wanted to. She had always wanted to attend at least one of those competitions and win it to bring pride to the family. She had always wanted to show that she was capable of more if only she were allowed to leave her bed. But due to the many days she had to spend resting in her bed, she would have been unable to study for those competitions anyway. And never mind learning an instrument either.

 

There were quite a few articles about him winning this competition, that competition, and so on. And she ended up reading all of them.

 

So he's intelligent and talented, too. She caught herself sighing aloud at that thought.

 

When she calculated his age from the year dates of those competitions and his age mentioned in the article, Miyoung realized that he was around one year older than her. Gnawing on her lower lip, she mumbled “Sehun Oppa” to herself. Another smile crep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter