Chapter: 3

Note to self:

 

(Her pov.)

"Kyaaaaaaaaa!!!"

"Are you okay?! What happened?!" L.joe shouted, as he banged on the door.

I blinked, then looked at my reflection.

"They really are gone!"

I gulped, then lifted my gown to reveal my stomach.

"How?.. How can they disappear?.. the doctors said I would have them for the rest of my life.." I mumbled to myself.

"Yah!!! Answer me, dang it! Are you okay?!?!" I heard L.joe shout.

As soon as I opened the door, L.joe quickly stepped inside "What happened?"

I looked up at him, with tears streaming down my face "W-what is happening to me?"

"What do you mean?".

"I have no idea where I am, or who I am, but, the things that I do remember.. don't make any sense.." I said, as I began to cry even more.

"How?"

I wiped my tears away "I remember so many painful memories, yet, I don't remember them at the same time..." I stopped, unsure if he understood what I was trying to say.

He raised an eyebrow, then nodded "Go on."

I sighed, "I know I used to have scars all over my body.. I remember what they look like, where they were...but,.. they aren't there anymore..."

"How is that even possible?"

I shook my head "I don't know..."

"Great..." he sighed.

"What?"

"I agreed to help a crazy person..."

"What?" my face fell as soon as those words left his mouth.

"Nothing about you makes sense.. you know that?"

I nodded, "If I were you, I would think I was crazy too."

He put his finger under my chin, and tilted my head up "Don't even think about crying again."

My eyes were glued to his face-He's even more attractive in person...

"I know I'm good looking, but, to stare at me like that..in this kind of situation..is making me uncomfortable.."

Oh! Crap! He caught me staring! "I-I, y-you, well,..-"

"It's fine, I'm used to it..." he smirked, as he wallked back to his bed.

"Okay, so, let's think about this.. The guys are saying that you are our best friend and that we've known each other since childhood, yet, you and I have no memory of that.. Also, you say you had scars, but they magically disappeared.. correct?"

I nodded.

He laid back down on his bed with his hands behind his head "I'm guessing there's no memory of the accident in that little head of yours either.."

Was that an insult? I placed my hand on my head. I guess it is smaller than normal...

"Stop with the spacing out, it's weird..."

"S-sorry..."

"You should probably call the guys to take you back to your room. Since, they're your new bffs." he smirked.

"Can I ask you something?"

"I'm guessing you're one of those girls that ask if you can ask a question, when you end up saying what you want either way."

Was that another insult? "How come you seem to be the only one that's able to help me?"

He shrugged "Don't know.. Guess I've always had bad luck."

That's number three...

"Oh, yeah... We should probably keep this stuff between us until we figure out what's going on.. Unless you want to be put in a mental hospital.. I guess you already belong there though.." he finished with a shrug.

Four insults in less than an hour.. That must be a new record.

I sighed "Okay, I won't tell anyone..."

"Take a joke, will you?"

"I can take a joke, but.. your jokes aren't funny.. Ricky was right..."

"Yah!" He yelled.

I rolled my eyes "Whatever, I'm leaving!" I waved. He is acting like such a jerk. What happened to the nice L.joe?

"Tch! whatever..." he crossed his arms and looked away.

I wheeled myself over to the door and stopped.

"What?" he asked.

"They aren't outside anymore..." I pouted.

"Well,.. good luck to you then."

Jerk face... I'm switching my bias to Chunji...

I slid the door open and tried to wheel myself out.

I started moving my body back and forth, hoping it would help.. but, it didn't.

"Stupid wheelchair.. Stupid door.. Stupid jerk face." I muttered to myself, as I continued to try and get out of the door frame, which I was stuck in between.

I heard him sigh, then get off of his bed.

He placed his hands on top of mine, then leaned down next to my ear "You're pretty pathetic, you know that?.. But,.. at least you're pretty..." he whispered.

He pushed the wheelchair out of the door frame, then shut it behind me.

There I was--in the middle of the hallway--my face bright red.. Heart beating far beyond its normal rate.

On second thought..maybe I'll keep him as my bias...

"He insulted and complimented me at the same time? Wow,..that's talent..." I whispered to myself.

"Baby? What are you doing out here by yourself?" I heard Chunji ask.

"N-nothing..." I said, as I quickly tried to regain myself.

He stood in front of me with his eyebrow raised.

"If you say so..."

"Can you take me back to my room?" I asked him.

"Sure! For a kiss, I will." he smiled.

I knew he was the flirt in the group...

"Like I would ever let you kiss Noona! Back up!" Changjo shouted, as he pushed Chunji away.

"Yah! Respect your elders, Maknae!"

"I only respect people who deserve my respect, and, clearly, you don't ..."

"Yah!!!"

"Come on, Noona! Let's go!" Changjo shouted, as he pushed the wheelchair and ran away as fast as possible.

--

When we got in front of my room Changjo stopped.

"Hey, Noona?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you call me Oppa...instead of me calling you Noona?..." he asked, as he rubbed the back of his neck.

How cute! "Sure!" I happily replied.

"Okay! Let's try it out! Ae Cha, from now on you'll call me..?" he motioned for me to continue.

"Oppa!" I cheered, with Aegyo.

He clutched onto his heart "Ow! Too much cuteness in one sentence!"

I giggled and playfully hit his arm.

"Yah! First you interrupt our kiss and now you flirt with her?! I trusted you!" Chunji crossed his arms.

"Aw! Is the big baby upset?" Changjo asked with a mocking tone.

"Yah!"

Before Chunji could hit Changjo, Cap grabbed his hand.

"You can save the violence for later.. The doctor wants to talk to us."

As Cap walked away, Chunji followed, but, stopped in front of Changjo "You're dead when we get home!" he glared.

Changjo quickly ran behind me "N-noona! Save me!"

"Come on, Noona, I'll take you inside of your room" Neil said.

As I laid on my bed, Cap walked up to me "We'll be right back, Ae cha. Stay here.."

I nodded, with an 'okay' sign.

---

                                                                         (Author's pov.)

 

"Shouldn't we include L.joe Hyung in this?" Ricky asked.

Changjo shrugged "I guess."

As they were about to walk into the room, the door slid open.

"Yah! L.joe! You're not supposed to leave without the nurses help! " Chunji shouted.

Cap nodded "Yeah, why are you trying to leave anyway?"

L.joe crossed his arms "The nurses never shut up.. and, it's boring as heck in my room."

"But, still... You're not allowed to leave." Chunji said, as he crossed his arms.

L.joe raised an eyebrow "Who do you think you are telling me what I can and can't do?"

Chunji walked forward and put his arm around L.joe's neck "I'm just worried about your health."

"Ew! Get a room!" Changjo shouted.

"Yah!" both L.joe and Chunji shouted back.

"Are you Park Ae Cha's guardians?" the doctor asked, as he walked down the hallway towards them.

"Yes, well,.. her parents are over seas. So, we're her guardians for now.." Cap said.

The doctor cleared his throat, then said, "Okay, let's talk inside my office."

As they closed the office door behind them, the doctor turned to Cap.

"Who is Ms. Park living with right now?"

"Me- OW!" Chunji tried to finish, before L.joe elbowed his side.

"It was just a joke, geez.." Chunjie pouted, as he rubbed his bruised rib.

"She lives alone.." Cap said.

"Is there a parent or close relative of hers that she can live with for the time being? You see, when she fell from her bike, she happened to land right on a suture of her skull, the part where the cranial bones connect to each other, which can lead to brain damage due to pinched nerves, or constricted blood vessels. We did all we could right now. We don't want to do a drastic surgery unless completely necessary, so it's best to wait and see if anything comes up. The chances of anything happening are very little, but there is a small possibility, so to be safe, she needs to have supervision at all times. It could take anywhere from a few days to a few years for these symptoms to appear. The brain is a very delicate structure."

Changjo quickly stepped forward "She'll live with us, Doctor. We'll take care of her."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

The doctor smiled "That's great news. We'll just need you to sign some papers. She should be good to go home in a few days."

As the doctor got the papers ready, Cap looked at Chunji "Hey, while I sign these papers take L.joe back to his room, so he can rest."

L.joe scoffed "What am I? A baby?! I can walk back to my own room da-"

Before he could finish, Chunji carried him bridal style and walked out of the room.

"Put. Me. Down. NOW!" L.joe growled.

"Tsk tsk! A baby shouldn't have such a temper..." Chunji said, as he shook his head.

"Aish! I'm surrounded by idiots!" L.joe cursed.

Chunji walked into L.joe's room, and set him down on his bed.

"Hey, thanks for carrying me here..." L.joe said, as he spread his arms out.

"Are you sick or something? You hate hugging people....and thanking people...and people in general..."

"You want one or not?" L.joe asked, impatiently.

"Of course I do! I may never get this chance again!"

As Chunji leaned down to give L.joe a hug, L.joe pulled back and smacked him on the back of the head.

"OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" Chunji screamed, as he held onto his aching head.

"Try carrying me again and see what happens! Idiot... as if I would actually hug you." L.joe rolled his eyes.

Chunji pouted "Should've known it was too good to be true."

Chunji snapped his fingers and looked at L.joe "Hey! I almost forgot to ask, how come you didn't say anything about Ae Cha moving in with us? You two seem to be on bad terms, so I figured you'd be upset..."

L.joe shrugged "I don't really care."

"Waaa!"

They heard someone scream, then a loud thud afterwards.