-Untitled-

A Chance to Change the Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hi guys!

So, as you've noticed, this chapter is "untitled". And that's because of 2 reasons. The minor one of those 2 reasons is that I really couldn't think of anything to name this chapter of than "Please don't kill me!", and that didn't really feel like an appropriate title. Hence, the chapter will be untitled.

Hope you like it :)

August 2015- JS PoV

Junsu was squirming uncomfortably in his seat at the back of the car. The traffic was really bad since it was around the late afternoon rush hour, and Yunho had already called him on his phone twice to “remind” him that he was already more than two hours late for their practice.

He sighed heavily.

Well, it wasn’t exactly his fault if his mother had called him the day before and made him return right away to Korea because of some family gathering that she said he just couldn’t miss. Nor was it his fault that the only plane he could book back to Japan for today would land right during rush hour, resulting in him now sitting in the middle of traffic for more than an hour.

His driver was muttering curses in front, and Junsu really couldn’t blame him. Traffic that was this bad really was aggravating.

Junsu just looked out the window, thinking.

The past few years have really been good for him and s. Ever since Dong Bang Shin Ki had managed to win the lawsuit against SM in the middle of 2009, their group had been unstoppable and their fame kept growing and growing, no matter what trouble SM tried to create every now and then for them.

Junsu knew that he really should be happy for the blessings that he and his group members have received. And, indeed, he really was.

It’s just that his happiness didn’t really feel complete.

And he knew that the same held true for his other members.

Especially for Changmin.

Junsu knew that their maknae had just been putting on a façade in front of the camera and in front of the fans. To almost everyone except his own members and the members of Super Junior, Changmin was his usual happy, evil maknae self. His façade was really good.

But it was still just a façade.

It’s been five years since they’ve seen her, and Junsu knew that this was eating inside all of them. But it so much worse for Changmin.

Of course, they’ve thought about looking for her many times before, but they didn’t really know where to start looking for her. And they didn’t really have much free time, either. But Yoochun had tried to raise their hopes years before that she will probably be the one to find them. After all, they might not know where to look for her, but she would know where to look for them. I mean, don’t all their fans know their current activities?

So, they had all tried to hold on to that hope. But years had passed, and even though they’ve had people keeping an eye out for her whenever they had appearances or concerts, she was never to be seen.

Maybe it was because she couldn’t come to Korea or to Japan, they had tried to reason with themselves.

But whatever the reason was, all four older members knew that each passing day without any sign of her was killing Changmin.

Junsu sighed again and tried to shake these morose thoughts from his head. As if he needed more reason to hate the traffic jam even more. With him not being able to do anything while stuck in the car, it was so easy for these kinds of thoughts to just sneak up on him.

Junsu just tried entertain himself by looking out the window and observing what was outside.

The problem was that they’ve been stuck on the same spot for about twenty minutes now. They were in the part of Tokyo where it was mainly business buildings and the people on the street were rushing to get to wherever they were needed to be.

Not exactly the most entertaining view.

Just then, a familiar person suddenly walked past the window Junsu was looking out at.

It had been so long since he had seen her that Junsu didn’t realize at first what he was seeing. Then, his mind finally processed who it was and he quickly turned around in his seat to look at her retreating figure.

Without stopping to think, Junsu quickly shoved on his hat and shades. He shouted to the startled driver “I’ll be right back!” (A/N: lines underlined are said in Japanese) and threw the door open and ran out of the car.

Luckily, she hadn’t gotten far yet and Junsu quickly caught up with her. He grabbed her by her arm and hurriedly pulled her into an empty alley to their left. The whole thing had only taken a few seconds. Her shock was finally about to wear off and she looked just about ready to start screaming because of the “attack”, when Junsu removed his hat and his shades.

She stared at his face, her eyes growing wide and falling open in shock.

“Junsu-ssi?” Erin said, sounding as though she was really disbelieving what her eyes were seeing.

Then, she was startled when Junsu hugged her tight and began to sob on her shoulders.

“Finally!” Junsu cried through his tears. “Finally! Do you know how much we’ve missed you?! What took you so long?!”

“W-what?”

“What do you mean, ‘what’?” Junsu tried to scowl at her as he moved away, but he was just too happy to see his best friend again.

She just looked goddamn confused, though.

“Junsu-ssi, a-are you alright?” she said concernedly, looking at him as he wiped away his tears, only to have new ones come running down his face again. “Why are you crying?”

This time Junsu actually managed to frown a bit at her. What was she playing at? Why wasn’t she bouncing with joy at seeing him again? And what’s with the ‘Junsu-ssi’?

“Since when have you called me ‘Junsu-ssi’?” he asked.

“Since now?” she replied in a questioning tone, looking thoroughly bewildered by Junsu.

“But why?”

“Isn’t that meant to show respect to someone in Korean?” Erin said, tilting her in confusion. “Besides, what else do you expect me to call you, anyway, Junsu-ssi? Oh, or is it that you would prefer that I called you ‘Kim-ssi’ instead?”

“What?” Junsu gaped at her. “What are you talking about? You’ve always just called me ‘oppa’ before!”

She stared at him. “What do you mean ‘before’?” Erin asked, sounding quite unnerved.

Junsu looked at her in confusion. And then… a horrible thought struck him.

No! It couldn’t be!

Could it?

“D-don’t y-you know w-who I am?” Junsu stuttered quietly, suddenly looking quite fearful.

“Didn’t I just call you by your name just a bit ago?” she said testily, raising an eyebrow.

Well, at least with whatever weird thing that’s going on right now, she still has the same personality.

“N-no, I m-meant… it’s just that- that… really, you don’t know who I am?” Junsu said, feeling himself at the edge of hysteria already. And the wrong answer from Erin would really him over that edge.

“Don’t be silly, Junsu-ssi. Of course I do!” she said, now smiling a bit, though she still looked weirded out by Junsu. Junsu felt his hopes rise again and he was about to smile, when she continued, “I mean, who doesn’t know you and your group, right?”

Yep, Junsu’s hysteria was about to start.

“I-I meant b-back then. In 2009. D-don’t you remember?” Junsu forced himself to speak instead of bawling his eyes out, which is what he really felt like doing at the moment.

“You mean if I knew about you back in 2009? No, sorry, Junsu-ssi. I’ve never even heard of DBSK back then,” she said apologetically, shaking her head.

“Yeah. Well, no. But- I meant, w-we met here in J-Japan, remember?”

Erin stared at him.

“Junsu-ssi, I just came to Japan about a month ago. I’ve never been here before. Actually, I don’t even know if I should be telling you this, but it’s my first time in another country,” she said, giving him a half-scared, half-pitying (because she could see his tears starting again) look.

And that was all the confirmation Junsu needed.

She really doesn’t remember!, Junsu thought miserably.

Why did it have to be this way? Why?

Junsu’s thoughts began to run around in his head, all at the same time, all heading for nowhere in particular, all panicked just as he was.

She doesn’t remember! So, what on earth was he supposed to do now? What could he do? Can he even make her remember? But how? And without her thinking that he was nuts?

It must have been a while that Junsu had been out of it because Erin tentatively reached out a hand and poked his shoulder gently.

“Junsu-ssi, are you alright?” she asked, concern laced in her voice. “Really, what’s wrong?”

Junsu forced himself back together. Or at least seem like he was calm and collected.

“I’m sorry, I think I’ve just mistaken you for someone that I knew,” Junsu lied, going with the first believable (or at least he hoped it was believable) excuse that he could come up with.

“Oh, I see…” Erin nodded slowly.

“I haven’t seen her for years. She… uhm, kind of just vanished on us. I guess I must have been really out of it… so excited at the thought of finally seeing her again. I’m sorry if I scared you with how I’ve acted…”

“Don’t worry about it,” Erin said at once, looking like she felt extremely bad for him. “It’s okay, Junsu-ssi. I understand, really. Are you feeling alright now?”

Still caring so much about us, Junsu thought sadly, hoping he wouldn’t start crying in front of her again.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine.”

“Okay, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter