Evidence

A Chance to Change the Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hi, all!

Here's the next chapter. Not much going on, just the start of another progress in the story. Hope you like it :)

“What’s going on?” Changmin and I both demanded immediately the moment Junsu opened the door for us. The huge difference, though, was that I asked it worriedly while Changmin almost practically snarled it to Junsu.

“Changmin!” I hissed at the maknae.

Why was he so mad at Junsu? Sure, Junsu might have interrupted what he was going to say, but there was no need for him to be so rude; it looked like it was an emergency, after all (I could hear Jaejoong shouting his head off from the living room), and whatever Changmin was going to say can’t have been that important.

“What did I do?” Junsu asked his younger member, looking bewildered and hurt.

“I’ll tell you what you just did! You just-!”

“Hey, can you leave that 'discussion' for a moment?” Yoochun interrupted as he stuck his head out into the hallway from living room, a totally stressed-out look on his face. “Because I would greatly appreciate some help here!”

And he disappeared into the living room again.

I quickly walked past Changmin and Junsu and followed Yoochun to the scene where the “murder” was apparently happening.

Yunho might have been the leader and all his moods swings for the past week had been unnerving all of us, but god, he was so scared that he looked like he was about to pee in his pants. I couldn’t blame him, though. He was seated –cowering­- on the sofa while the very mad as hell Jaejoong towered over him.

“-how could you do this to me?!” Jaejoong was shouting at the top his voice.

“But Jae-,“ Yunho tried to but in.

“…now, of all times! I can’t believe-“

“Oppas, what’s going on?” I said loudly to make myself heard over Jaejoong’s screaming. Changmin and Junsu appeared behind me while Yoochun was leaning against the wall, shaking his head.

Jaejoong froze in mid-yell to look around at me.

“Erin,” he said, before striding over to where I was. I was startled he suddenly grabbed me and started crying on my shoulders. Crying.

Changmin, who had looked furious and ready to pull me away, paused and gave his hyung an incredulous look. “What’s wrong with you, hyung?” he said in a tone that was obviously questioning Jaejoong’s sanity.

Jaejoong just ignored the maknae and said to me between his sobs, “W-we had it all w-wrong, Erin!”

“What did we get wrong, oppa?” I asked, trying to sound sympathetic and not just downright confused out of my mind. It was heartbreaking to see Jaejoong so upset, but God, just over the flowers?

Maybe all the stress was getting to him and making him even nuttier than usual…, I thought as I patted his arm in comfort.

“Yunho hasn’t been distant with us because of whatever Lee Soo Man said!” Jaejoong wailed.

We all gawked at him with wide eyes.

“Well, not just that at least,” Jaejoong continued, sniffling. “He’s been distant with us- with me- because he’s been seeing someone else!”

“I already told you before that I haven’t, Jae-“ Yunho began to say exasperatedly, but Jaejoong turned back to him and gave him a fierce glare, making him clamp his mouth shut again.

“What makes you say that, oppa? Yunho oppa loves you a lot,” I said calmly, trying to reason with Jaejoong.

“Somebody sent him those!”

Jaejoong gestured towards the coffee table in the middle of the living. I trained my eyes onto it and spotted a fancy-looking, large but low, silver vase of flowers set on the table.

“Oppa, don’t fans send you guys flowers as gifts all the time?” I pointed out, like what I had already said to Changmin earlier before we left for home. “That doesn’t have to be from someone that Yunho oppa’s been having as a lover on the side!”

“Gifts from fans are never sent to us directly,” Jaejoong argued. “Just in case they’re from a sasaeng. It’s risky.”

“Well, they can’t very well send these things to SM as usual to be sorted and collected before being given to you guys, can they?” I said. “Not with the state of your relationship with your company right now.”

“Actually, this was sent to our lawyers’ office, as we also still don’t allow direct mail here,” Yoochun butted in, explaining. “One of the staff there brought it over earlier. You and Changmin just missed it; it arrived a few minutes after you two left.”

“That just proves even more that it’s not from a lover, then,” I told Jaejoong. “Why send it to your lawyers’ office, right?”

“So that I wouldn’t find out about it!” Jaejoong retorted as wiped away his tears, the furious look back on his face and he glanced back at Yunho.

We could only stare in exasperation at Jaejoong. Truly, he was crazy when it came to Yunho. Especially when he was jealous.

“I can’t believe you made us go back home just for this craziness,” Changmin said suddenly, glaring at Junsu.

Now, I was rolling my eyes at him. Sure, I won’t really contest his judgment that what was going on right now was just pure “craziness”, but we were just eating ice cream and talking; no big thing was interrupted for him to keep harping on at Junsu about it.

Right?

“I’m sorry, but Jaejoong hyung was ready to kill Yunho hyung a while ago!” Junsu squeaked irritably, defending himself.

“I still am,”’ Jaejoong muttered, throwing another glare at Yunho, making the leader gulp nervously. I held on tightly to Jaejoong's forearm. Just in case.

“And Yoochun couldn’t even do anything about it,” Junsu continued as though Jaejoong hadn’t interrupted.

“You know that Jaejoong hyung’s practically unstoppable when he gets like that!” Yoochun now protested. Jaejoong fixed his glare on his soulmate for a second, before bringing it back again to Yunho. Yoochun continued on, giving Junsu an annoyed look, “Besides, I didn’t see you trying to help and get in-between them!”

“That’s because I don’t really fancy getting killed myself,” Junsu retorted.

“And it’s alright if I get killed trying to break up their fight?!”

“Argh!” Changmin shouted in frustration. “You’re all crazy! Not just Jaejoong hyung! All four of you are crazy!”

“What did I do?” Yunho said indignantly.

“You’re also crazy because you cheated on me, knowing I’m going to kill you for it!” Jaejoong hissed at him.

Changmin let out a noise that was half a growl, half a groan.

“What’s bothering you so much, anyway, Min?” Yoochun asked. “What, are you that upset that Junsu’s call interrupted you eating ice cream?”

Changmin’s ears suddenly turned red. He just let out a noncommittal grunt and looked away.

“Actually, no,” I said slowly, my questioning eyes trained on the maknae. “He had already stopped eating a while ago before that and-“

“WHAT?!” Yunho, Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu all shouted loudly, shocked.

“He’d already stopped eating ice cream even before Junsu interrupted?” Yoochun repeated incredulously.

“Omg sun! Who are you and what have you done with Changmin?” Junsu squealed.

“What, did you clean the store out of their ice cream that fast, Min?” Yunho sighed, shaking his head in both amazement and disbelief.

“That much ice cream is bad for you, Minnie-ah,” Jaejoong frowned, his anger with Yunho momentarily forgotten as he worried about their youngest’s health.

“It’s not any of those, okay?!” Changmin rolled his eyes, exasperated by their reactions.

“Then, what was it?” Yoochun prodded.

Changmin didn’t reply, though, and looked away again. This time it wasn’t only his ears that were red, but his whole face as well.

“He was about to tell me something…” I answered Yoochun instead.

“What?”

“I dunno,” I shrugged. “Junsu oppa interrupted him, remember? It was something about how he didn’t dislike or hate me, how he really- well, it was only until there before Junsu oppa called.”

Yunho, Jaejoong, and Yoochun all gaped at me and Changmin with their mouths open. Junsu just looked plain horrified.

What the-?!, I thought in my mind.

“JUNSU!” Yunho, Jaejoong, and Yoochun all shouted at the poor tearful-looking Junsu.

“Junsu, you idiotic duckbutt!” Yoochun said irritably, going over to Junsu and hitting him on the back of his head.

“Ow!” Junsu said loudly. “I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry!”

“Junsu, I am going to kill you! How could you ruin it for our Minnie like that?!” Jaejoong growled, starting to move towards Junsu with his hands outstretched for the duckbutt member.

“Well, at least someone agrees with me on that note,” Changmin muttered, still glaring at Junsu.

Junsu squeaked in fright and ran to hide behind me.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! Mianhae! Mianhae!”

“What on earth? Why are you all mad at Junsu oppa?” I demanded.

“Well, he ruined the perfect moment for you two, didn’t he?” Yoochun pointed out. “Isn’t that something like every girl would put in her diary or something? It’s not so great anymore if the confession was interrupted. I’m sure that when he continued it afterwards it didn’t have the same atmosphere as before anymore.”

“What?” I asked, even more confused. “What ‘perfect moment’? Not that I do those girly diary things, but why would I put it there? And what do you mean by ‘confession’?”

All four members paused again to look between me and Changmin.

“You didn’t go through with it?” Yunho asked the maknae after a while.

Changmin just shrugged a bit. “It felt so wrong to do so,” he muttered quietly.

“I’m sorry!” Junsu wailed, really crying now.

Changmin just shrugged again. “Don’t worry about it…”

“Well, just tell her now!” Jaejoong urged.

“Hyung!” Changmin moaned. “Leave it be! Leave me alone!”

“Tell me what?” I asked, back and forth from Changmin to his hyungs.

“It’s nothing,” Changmin told me quietly, but firmly.

“Ugh, way to go, duckbutt!” Yoochun groaned. “Changmin was already going to say it! Now, he’s back again to this! He's back to square one!”

“Let’s just go back to the matter at hand,” Changmin insisted. He turned to Jaejoong and said, “Weren’t you about to kill Yunho hyung?”

“Oh.” Jaejoong blinked. “Oh, yeah…” And he turned to glare at Yunho again.

“Thanks, dongsaeng,” Yunho said sarcastically to Changmin before flinching again at the look that Jaejoong was giving him.

“You know what, messing up Changmin’s moment is really your fault!” Jaejoong shot at Yunho.

“What? Why mine?” Yunho yelped.

“If you hadn’t cheated, I wouldn’t have been trying to kill you! So, Junsu wouldn’t have had any reason to call Changmin, therefore interrupting him!”

“But I didn’t cheat on you, Boojae! Now, if you’d just listen and hear me out-”

If Yunho thought that calling Jaejoong with his special nickname for him would soften him up, he was wrong. It had the opposite effect.

“DON’T YOU ‘BOOJAE’ ME! I’M MAD AT YOU RIGHT NOW!”

And Jaejoong just continued again to yell at Yunho, ignoring the rest of us.

“What are we going to do?” I asked the others, starting to feel desperate.

“We should probably just let Jaejoong hyung get it all out,” Yoochun sighed, looking defeated.

“But that might take ages!” Junsu protested, shocked.

“Yeah, but you know Jaejoong hyung, he's not really capable of listening to reason unless he lets all his steam out…”

Changmin had not joined our discussion and was just examining the vase of flowers on the table. I moved to his side and joined him in looking at the flowers.

I frowned, noticing something quite… odd… about it.

“This whole thing is very odd, isn’t it?” I said out loud, making them all look at me. Even Jaejoong paused from yelling at Yunho.

“What do you mean?” Junsu asked. “Like what you said, flowers are among the usual items we get as gifts.”

“I doubt they’re this kind…” I continued to frown.

“What’s wrong about them?”

“The flowers,” I gestured towards the flowers on the vase. “They’re… they’re…”

Dried. Wilted. Dead.

Changmin nodded, getting my point. “The ones we get as gifts are quite fresh instead.”

“That’s because those flowers are already quite old,” Yunho interrupted, letting out a breath of exasperation.

“You know something about these flowers, oppa?”

“Of course, he does,” Jaejoong growled, looking even more angrily at Yunho. “He-“

But this time, it was Yunho who interrupted Jaejoong. “I’ve trying to tell you this, Jae, but you just won’t let me! I recognize those flowers! I know where they came from!”

“Your other lover, no doubt,” Jaejoong spat out. We all just ignored him.

“You know who sent these flowers, oppa?” I asked Yu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter