The Truth... Hurts

A Chance to Change the Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter was... God, I thought the last chapter was already hard to write, but that was nothing compared to this one!

Guys, if you cry easily, get those tissue boxes ready.

Also, you might want to have some band-aids on hand, as well. Your hearts might not make out of this chapter whole. I know mine didn't; it was completely shattered by the time I was done writing this...

We’ve been through quite a few painful and awkward silences before ever since I have arrived here, but all those are nothing compared to the silence that we were experiencing now.

I was just looking at the carpet at my feet, trying to focus on its patterns. I don’t know how many minutes passed before I couldn’t take it anymore and I looked up at the boys for their reactions.

Junsu’s tears were already flowing down his cheeks like mine were, and he was trembling and shaking as his progressively getting louder sobs raked through him. Yunho, Yoochun, and Changmin were all staring blankly into thin air, their eyes unseeing and their faces bloodless. And Jaejoong-

“YOU’RE LYING!”

I jumped in my seat at Jaejoong’s scream, shocked at the vehemence in his voice.

I looked at Jaejoong's direction to find him standing up, shaking as well like Junsu... but not because he was crying. His eyes were full of rage, disbelief, hysteria, and pain. I blanched at the hateful look that he was giving me as he slowly stalked towards me.

“HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?! HOW DARE YOU?!”

I edged backwards into my seat, cringing, as he got closer to me step by step.

“J-jaejoong... calm down…” Yoochun said, snapping out of his trance at his soulmate’s sudden explosion. However, his voice was so quiet and weak because of his shock. He looked as though he still hadn’t process the whole thing yet. His whole face was lined with bewilderment and agony.

Jaejoong didn’t seem to have heard him. Well, either that, or he just chose to ignore Yoochun.

“AFTER ALL WE’VE BEEN DOING TO HELP YOU? YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO TELL US SOMETHING LIKE THAT? OR, GOD, MAYBE WE WERE WRONG TO EVEN TRUST YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE! YOU’RE NOT REALLY FROM THE FUTURE, ARE YOU?! YOU REALLY ARE ONE OF THOSE CRAZY FANS THAT ARE TRYING TO HURT US!”

I tried to push myself even farther back into my seat as he stood right in front of me, shouting like mad.

I couldn’t blame him for reacting like this, of course, but it was still really scary to see his face full fury and denial that up-close to you. I had never thought that- with the aura of being the ‘quiet, cool, and calm’ type that he has been giving off-  Jaejoong could lose control this way.

Jaejoong carried on raging at me. “WELL, GOOD JOB, YOU ALREADY HAVE! YOU’VE ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED YOUR “MISSION”, THEN, HAVEN’T YOU? YOU-!”

“LEAVE HER ALONE!”

Suddenly, Changmin was in the little space left in between me and Jaejoong, and he roughly and forcefully pushed his hyung away from me. Jaejoong staggered backward and focused his deathly glare on Changmin instead.

“Leave her alone!” Changmin repeated, shouting loudly. “You’re scaring her!”

“She should be!” Jaejoong said venomously. “I’m not taking lightly any lies like that said to us!”

“I’m not lying, oppa,” I whispered quietly, tears still flowing down my cheeks.

Big mistake.

Jaejoong glared daggers at me again. “YOU LIAR!”

And so Changmin raised his fists and made to lunge at him.

“NO!” I shouted, standing up and grabbing Changmin’s arm. “No! Don’t fight! Please, don’t fight!”

That was the last thing that I wanted, the last that we needed right now. This is never going to work if they’re already going to start arguing among themselves when they’re just beginning to know the truth. That would not be a good sign.

“Please, don’t start fighting among yourselves right now? Please?” I begged Changmin, still grasping his arm tightly.

Changmin looked down at my pleading face. After a few moments, he eventually lowered his fists and relaxed slightly. It was only slightly, but it was already enough for me to cautiously let go of him.

Yoochun got up to his feet unsteadily, took a tight hold on the eldest and the youngest, and dragged them back to their seats on the sofa.

The sofa that Yunho was still just sitting on, immobile as a statue.

After forcing them back to their seats, Yoochun sat back down beside Junsu, who was crying so hard now that he was making the two-seater couch, and therefore Yoochun, too, shake as well.

“Y-you s-shouldn’t h-h-have sh-shouted a-at h-her l-l-like t-that, h-hyung,” Junsu managed to say through his sobs, his eyes darting towards Jaejoong.

“And why not?! After what she had said, I’m still not allowed to shout at her?!” Jaejoong demanded at Junsu.

“Jaejoong. Calm down.”

Yunho’s quiet voice made us all stop and look at him. He seemed to have finally become animated again. He wasn’t looking at Jaejoong, though, but staring at me.

“Calm down?” Jaejoong said incredulously, though he had already quite noticeably calmed down automatically just at Yunho’s words. “Yunho, did you even hear what she just said? She just basically told us that we disbanded!”

“Yes, I heard her,” was all that Yunho replied.

He was still staring at me in a way that made me feel as though I was being subjected under an x-ray. He was trying to calculate me and gauge what I had just told them.

It was silent again, nobody really knowing what to say anymore.

I wiped my tears with the back of my hand, but more just rolled down my cheeks anyway.

“I-I’m sorry,” I said in a low and pained voice, forcing myself to look straight at their faces. “I’m sorry, but I haven’t been fully honest with you…”

Jaejoong looked triumphant at those words, but the looks from his other four members told him to shut up and hear me out first.

“I haven’t been fully honest with you, oppas, and I am so sorry for that,” I continued on. “I-I know that whenever you ask me if I had any clue on what my mission is, I’ve been telling you that I have no idea. But… the thing is… I actually already know… I’ve known since my first night here with you. I realized it while on that car trip that night with you… I haven’t told you everything that I saw on that piece of paper that I’ve found before that red light brought me here. Apart from that riddle, there was something else on the paper: at the back of it were the Cassiopeia constellation and the line ‘Always Keep the Faith’.”

They were all looking at me intently now, somewhat unsure and somewhat wary of where I’m going with this. Even the anger in Jae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter