Headache

From U

We stayed in the room and waited for our professor in the fourth subject. Since it was the first day, most of us remained quiet in our seats. After a few minutes, I opened my white bag and pulled out an old pocket book that my auntie gave me years ago. It was my most favorite among all the other books I’ve read, not just because it’s the first one I read, but because it was the story that made me believe and hope that true love exists. Yes it sounds cheesy and somewhat gay, especially at my age but I don’t care.

“Pssst” I heard someone “hey, classmate. Pssst…”

“Hm?” I said as I looked up. A small and thin boy was smiling at me.

“Hi, I’m Ryeowook! You can just call me Wookie” he whispered loudly “what’s your name again?”

“I’m Jungsoo, But you can just call me Leeteuk.” I said with a smile. He seemed like a nice kid.

“I saw that you’re reading a book… are you advanced studying?”

“Oh, uhm…” would I lie about advanced studying? What if he would ask me about the lessons there? But would I say that I’m reading pocket books? ”no I’m just arranging my books inside my bag,” I answered.

“No, I saw you!” another classmate suddenly butted in. He had an awkward size for a head with messy hair and he had lots of accessories on his wrist “you were reading something!”

“When I finish reading Chapter 9 of our Advanced Calculus book, I’ll start off with the new edition of Turtle Encyclopedia.” Wookie said.

“Hi there!” the big-headed classmate suddenly faced Wookie and extended an arm “I’m Jongwoon, but everybody calls me Yesung. Let’s be friends!”

“Hello Yesung! I’m Wookie!” he replied and happily shook Yesung’s small hand. In an instant they looked like they’ve been the best of friends since birth.

 

The bell rang for our lunch break after a few minutes. There was a wave of students going towards the canteen. I wanted to join in but I was squeezed up by everyone else. By the time I got there, the place was already crowded. My hunger faded and I decided to just explore the university for a while. I walked aimlessly and then found myself at the back of the main building. There was a space there and an unfinished garage at the middle. There were rocks and rubble all around the place.

“Seems like a quiet place where I can read,” I said to myself as I walked towards the empty area.

 

But after a few more steps, I was proven wrong. I heard angry shouts from the other side of the construction. At first I thought there was a fight going on but when I peeped around the corner, I saw that it was just a guy releasing his anger there by throwing random rocks and rubles everywhere. I looked a little closer and recognized the guy. He was the one who bumped me in the corridor earlier. He looked scary. I tried to listen to somehow figure out what’s wrong with him, but all he did was shout ‘ARGH’ then throw.

 

I didn’t want to mess with a guy like that especially in that kind of mood so I quietly walked away. I could still hear the shouts of that troubled guy and after a few seconds, there was a sharp pain at the back of my head.