Present

From U

“He’s cute and adorable Youngwoon,” Heechul said “but he’s not my type. I have set my pretty eyes on someone else since 1st year…”

“Hyung, you’ll never have a chance with Professor Hankyung, just accept that,” Kangin said, still not releasing me in his arms.

“You just wait. Nobody can resist Kim Heechul!”

“Teukie,” Kangin turned his attention to me “I haven’t seen you for days…”

I just ignored him and continued with my assignments.

“Hey, did I do something?” he asked “I could feel you’ve been ignoring me. Teukie, did I do something?”

“I told you to go to class,” I finally said. It was so darn hard to ignore that guy especially when he’s wrapping his strong arms around me yet pleading like a lost child “you didn’t go to class. Tomorrow’s the start of the Examinations Week.”

 

The next day, I went to school early. I did some last-minute reviews because my mind wasn’t focused on the subjects that I reviewed. My other classmates gradually filled in the room as I tried to cram everything up in my brain.

“Class, take your seats,” Professor Choi announced “it’s the first time I saw you all complete here. Kim Youngwoon!”

“Present!” came a familiar voice from the seat beside me.

I instantly shot my head to the side to check if what I heard was true.

“If it wasn’t for your brother, I wouldn’t accept you back in my class, so you better not skip again and try to catch up with the lessons.”

“Yes sir,” Kangin stood up and bowed “thank you Professor Choi, sir.”

Kangin smiled at me as he sat down again. I smiled back.

“You should’ve told me right away, seatmate!” he said as he pinched me.

The professor warned us that the tests he prepared were difficult. Not for anything, but I honestly thought it was the easiest test I ever answered. There was a constant smile on my face that I tried so hard to erase, but I couldn’t.

 

“Come on angel, let’s eat lunch together,” Kangin said as we all packed our bags. He held my wrist and pulled me out the room.

Eyes were on us as we exited. They must have been thinking how in the world I was close with the classmate who only showed up during examinations week.

“Where have you guys been?” Heechul asked when we entered the detention room. He sat at the front with his feet casually lifted on the professor’s table.

“We had an exam,” I said as I dropped my bag on my usual seat there.

“By ‘we’ you mean?”

“He meant us, hyung.” Kangin butted in, looking proud of himself.

“You’re something, Leeteuk,” Heechul addressed me “I myself couldn’t drag that big idiot to go class! Imagine that, you even made him take an exam!”