Rehearsal

From U

I stared a while more. Kangin looked deep in thoughts. I quietly walked towards his side and saw that he was staring at a simple yet stunning silver ring that has little wings engraved at the side.

“Mr. Park,” Henry called my attention “right this way,” he smiled.

Kangin seemed to be quite surprised when he saw that I was standing beside him.

I patted his shoulder and asked him to accompany me.

He smiled and nodded, but there was something in his eyes that I couldn’t explain.

 

“You’re not feeling well, are you?” I worriedly asked.

“What made you think so?” he asked back with a forced smile.

“Kangin, I know when you’re not happy and when you’re just smiling like that just to make me think you’re okay,” I seriously noted.

“Okay okay,” he sighed “maybe it’s just a little jetlag or something.”

“Hey guys,” I called the attention of Sungmin and Kyuhyun, who were counting the rings in one shelf “do you know a fun place here where we could just unwind for a while?” I asked when they walked towards us.

“There’s this resort we’re gonna feature in our Travel Guide book,” Min said with an eager smile “we still have a few tickets left. You could relax there while we do our work!”

With that, Kangin’s mood brightened up.

We thanked Henry and told him we’d come back tomorrow.

After we ate we headed off to “Splash Island”.

 

“Come on Teukie I saw a crazy slide over there!” Kangin pulled me like a silly little kid when we settled in a cottage.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun were off to interview the manager and the staff of the huge resort, to know the background and the reason why it’s popular in the country. Maybe this place could distract Kangin and make him forget about the ring.

 

Magellan’s Drop,” I read the sign when we reached the place Kangin pulled me to “the name sounds quite scary, don’t you think so?”

“Don’t worry my angel, I’ll protect you!” Kangin said in my ears.

I felt chills every time he calls me angel.

We climbed as high as a five-floored building and looked down at the treacherous slide. There was a mat provided where we leaned on our bellies... and then slid down the high slope!

 

At the next crazy attraction, we were accompanied by Min and Kyu. We all climbed up more than double the height of the previous one. Half-way there, I got so tired I was nearly breathless. As expected, Kangin carried me, which resulted in smirks from the other two. Once up there, we were presented with a circular inflatable boat.

“Teukie this is freakin’ high!” Kangin excitedly said when we boarded the boat.

It felt nerve-wrecking and the same time ecstatic when we were rocked at the curves of the huge slide hundred feet above the ground at insane speed!

Min and Kyu shot their hands up and shouted with joy.

I, on the other hand looked pathetic as I clung tight to Kangin.

“I’d ride this slide over and over again with you, Teukie” he smiled at me when we got down.

 

 

 

When we went back to the cottage, I heard my phone ringing in the bag.

“Hello?” came Sora’s voice from the other line “where are you??”

“I’m out of the country right now. Why? Is everything alright? You sound bothered--"

"Everything’s not alright,” she irritably answered “I’ve been trying to call you since morning! My dad has been rushed to the hospital!”

“What!?” I was surprised “when? What happened to him? I’m sorry—“

“Just get back here right away please,” she said and hung up.

I told Kangin the news.

He looked worried.

Min and Kyu still had more stuff to do there for their Travel Guide books so we took off.

 

“Come on let’s just go back,” I said as I packed our bags.

“We have to get back to Henry first, remember?” Kangin said.

“You know we could just buy some other time, it’s not really an urgent—“

“Teukie,” Kangin pulled me in front of him “back then you always told me to never let an opportunity slip by coz it might not come again. We’re here now so we might as well get to it.”

I reluctantly agreed. Nothing I said could make him change his mind.

 

 

We reached Henry’s shop after a few hours.

“Picked out something you like, Mr. Park?” he asked me after I circled the whole shop for about three times already.

“There was this ring,” I said “I know it was right here,” I pointed at the shelf “but it’s not this one… it looked different…”

“Oh, the silver one?” Henry said “I’m sorry Mr. Park but it was already sold. And I don’t like making similar designs. Each one must be special.”

“Well okay, I’ll just find a new one…” I said as I circled the shop again.

There was a simple one I saw which somehow got my attention too, so I just picked it.

After that, Henry took the ring from the shelf and told me to wait for him in the lobby.

 

 

 

“Pyuhngsaeng gyuhte isseulge (I'll stay next to you for the rest of my life…)” Kangin’s voice startled me.

“Wha—“

“Nungwa biga wado akkyuhjumyuhnsuh (Through rain and snow I'll cherish you…)

“Kangin are you—“

“Nuhreul jikyuhjulge (I'll take care of you…)

I was starting to feel weird when he held out a small box in front of me. He smiled sweetly at me as he slowly approached me.

“Himdeulgo uhryuhwuhdo (Through hardships and troubles…) neul naega isseulgge (I'll always be there…)” Kangin stopped a few inches away from me.

I couldn’t restrain a smile and he was smiling as well.

My heart beat went crazy when he held my hand.

“Woori hamggehaneun manheun nal dongan (All the many days we'll spend together...)” he whispered “I know I lack many things but not my love…” he opened the box and revealed the ring inside “Woori suhro saranghagiro geuppuniya (We'll always love each other... That's all…)” I ignored the fact that it was the ring I bought… and the fact that he was just messing around.

With the very small gap between our faces, we kept our gaze locked at each other.

My heart was pounding loudly as if the proposal was serious, and not an impromptu rehearsal.

 

“Will you marry me, Jungsoo?” Kangin softly said.

“I—“

*Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing*

 

 

 



Has it been 24hours already?

Well I just felt like updating tonight (it's 11:04pm here at my place right now) instead of updating tomorrow ^^,

Anyways, this chap's a bit longer right?

Well tell me your thoughts about it so I can improve :)


And also, I just wanted to promote the Philippines a bit xD

I missed Splash Island so I included it in the chapter o.O

I had a crazy time there and I wanna go back next summer :D

So yeah, that's about it.

I'll do my best to post a one-shot tomorrow ^^,

 

Comments and violent reactions are very much appreciated!

Especially from my two favorite people hebteuk & Luussjje <3