Seatmate

From U

Days passed by and my seatmate was still absent. The day when I found out that Kangin was Kim Youngwoon, I almost went nuts. I couldn’t believe it at first, but Heechul, his older brother whom I thought was a girl, confirmed it already. That day I told him to not skip classes.

“Hey how did you know I’m skipping classes?” he asked me.

“I just know, okay?” I answered ”so don’t skip classes anymore.”

“Why?” he grumpily asked “the only thing I enjoy at school is detention.”

“Just go to class, you’ll enjoy it too, you’ll see.” I just said.

I wanted to tell him that day that I’m his classmate in most subjects and we were assigned as lab partners in Professor Choi’s class, but I didn’t want to look too pushy, so I just told him to go to class. But it has been three days already… I’m still partner-less.

 

“Jungsoo,” Professor Choi called my attention “since Ryeowook is absent today, you’ll pair up with Jongwoon for today’s experiment.”

I nodded, picked up my bag, and walked towards Yesung’s table. It was alright to be partnered with him because we were friends already, but it would’ve been more fun if it was Youngwoon, not Jongwoon.

“Do you know why Wookie’s absent?” I asked Yesung.

“He had fever last night,” he looked sad “I hope he gets better by tomorrow. We’re going to buy an aquarium for Ddangkoma.”

Our experiment that day was fairly easy, just mixing a few chemicals then distinguishing the smell of each. It became quite complicated when Yesung started touching my Philtrums. It was awfully awkward!

“Uhm, Yesung I think you’re mixing the wrong—“

“Shhh… I can handle this…” he said as he placed a finger on my lips.

 

When the bell rang for lunch, I went straight to the cafeteria. I’ve been avoiding the detention room for a few days because Kangin still didn’t show up for class. But that day, it slipped my mind that there was a new menu… which resulted in a full cafeteria in just a matter of seconds. I had no other choice but to go back to the detention room and eat there again.

“Hey, long time no see!” Heechul greeted me when I entered the room.

“Why’re you here?” I was surprised “where’s Kangin?”

“I have no idea where that idiot is,” Heechul said “as for me, I was sent here again when they discovered the comic book pages I inserted in Professor Choi’s most beloved Bible!” he looked proud of himself.

 

I ate my lunch there as he talked about random and embarrassing stuff about Kangin. I couldn’t help but to laugh. A while later, Heechul offered to help me with my assignments. He claimed that all of his subjects during his first year were a piece of cheesecake. As we were laughing at the previous quiz that I got wrong, I felt a familiar back-hug.

“Heechul hyung,” came Kangin’s voice from behind me “don’t flirt with Teukie, he’s mine.”

There were butterflies in my stomach when I heard his voice again and they went crazy because of his possessiveness. But I just ignored him.