Time Time Time

From U

I pulled myself up to a sitting position when Sora gently pushed me back to bed.

“Don’t strain yourself, you should rest…”

“W-what are you doing here?” my voice croaked it hurt my throat.

“Taking care of you, silly” she gave me a sweet laugh and pinched my cheek.

What’s gotten into her? This is not the Sora I knew.

“What do you want for breakfast?” she then asked.

I squinted my eyes and continued to stare at her weird behavior.

“You love pancakes, right?” she happily said “I’ll make you pancakes, don’t get up!”

I hated pancakes.

But I just watched as she kissed me on the forehead before leaving my room.

What the hell is going on?

I pulled myself up again and sat on my bed for a while. I still had fever but it wasn’t too bad anymore and my headache was gone. So my only problem now was Sora.

Why was she in my house? And what’s up with the jumpy happy attitude? In our years together, she never called me love or any pet name for that matter, it was always either Jungsoo or Mr. Park. So again, what the hell?

I saw my phone beside my desk clock so I reached for it. No messages. My hands automatically scrolled down to Kangin’s number and dialed it.

Ringing… Ringing… Ringing…

“The number you dialed is busy at the moment, please try your call later.”

I pressed call again.

Ringing… Ringing… Ringing…

“The number you dialed is currently not available, please try your call later.”

I dialed again.

Ringing… Ring—

He turned the bloody phone off. Great.

 

I threw my phone on the ground and laid back down on my bed. I stared at the ceiling for a while as my mind began to flood with questions. Questions about everything.

“Honey?” Sora suddenly barged in “what happened?”

“Huh?” I looked up at her and then realized I just threw my phone “oh I uh think I just dropped my phone or something…”

“Oh, I thought something happened,” she sighed “the pancakes are almost ready, I’ll feed you here in bed okay?”

“Uh Sora?” I held her arm before she walked away.

“Yes love?” she asked.

“Uhm, what is happening? Are you alright?”

“Funny,” she chuckled “you’re the one asking me that.”

“I mean,” I sat up again and gently pulled her so she could sit on the bed beside me “why are you acting this way?”

“I don’t understand…” she shook her head.

“Why are you doing this? Is this about our fight—“

“Shh,” she held a finger on my lips “just forget about that. Let’s put that behind us, okay?”

I narrowed my eyes, still confused.

“I’m doing this because it’s my duty as your future wife to always take care of you,” she smiled.

She looked so beautiful when she smile, I wish she smiled more often. But something still felt wrong.

“Relax okay?” she patted my shoulder “I’ll go get your breakfast.”

“Sora?” I called when she reached the door.

“Yes love?”

“H-have you seen Kangin, by any chance?”

“No.” her smile faded at it was back to her usual authoritative voice then she walked out and closed the door behind her.

 

Sora stayed in my house the whole day, cleaning around, giving me medicine and feeding me. It was all sweet but I still couldn’t get used to it yet. There was even one time when she played all flirty with me for the first time since we’ve been together.

“Honey, you look like an angel,” she moved closer and sniffed my hair “but you smell like homeless person,”

“No I don’t!” I defended and sniffed myself… well she was right.

“Now, I know you love this show,” she pointed at the drama on the tv I forced her to watch with me “but I already prepared your bath, and it’s gonna get cold…”

“But I’m too tired to walk…” I whined, but I wasn’t really, I just wanted to watch my show in peace.

“Listen,” she scooted over closer and pressed her lips so near against my ear ‘I’m feeling all dirty from cleaning the house,” she fanned herself “and I would really really want to get in there with you…” she emphasized some words with a slight moan.

I quickly tore my eyes away from the television and gaped at her.

She winked at me.

I gulped “W-will you?”

“Oh honey, you I will…” she said in a y voice I never knew she could do.

She stood up, I did too, then she pulled me towards the bathroom. She ushered me to go in first and she stayed by the door frame.

“After we get married, love,” she whispered, slightly pushed me and closed the door.

 

Around 9 in the evening, Sora tucked me in to bed and said that she would be back the next morning to check if my fever’s all gone. I slept like a baby that night, my stomach was full and the house was all clean.

“Good morning love,” Sora’s voice woke me up.

“Morning,” I mumbled as I pulled myself up to sit.

“Good news,” she sat down beside me “your fever’s gone!”

I checked my temperature and she was right, I was feeling great again!

“Looking for something honey?”

“My phone,” I said while checking under my pillows.

“Oh don’t stress yourself with gadgets yet,” she patted me on the head “I’ll make you pancakes you can come down after a few minutes, okay?”

“Alright,” I nodded.

She flashed a smile.

I smiled back a bit.

 

The day went on like the day before, except I wasn’t feeling all cold and nauseous anymore. It was ultimate lazy day for me.

To be honest these are the only days I felt genuinely happy around Sora. Was it because I was sick or was it because of the fight we had the other day? Well, whatever the reason might be, it didn’t stop me from thinking about my future.

“Do you really want to spend the rest of your life with her?” I asked myself.

Yes back during college we were great friends and she’s not really a bad person... but is that enough to put my whole future upon? I don’t know.

But what I knew that time was that I needed to set things right. I wasn’t ready to propose yet in the first place… so I should really call off the engagement and go back to the way we were.

I knew this would hurt her and most likely piss off both our parents, but I need to think about myself too. I need time to clear my head and to figure out what my heart wants.

Of course, while thinking about and planning all of these in the bathroom, I couldn’t help but think about Kangin. What is going on between us? What do I really feel? And what does he feel? And that time at the bar when he told me that he had to go away for me… what does that mean? I need to know everything first before I make rash decisions and end up in crazy situations again. No more secrets. No more lies.

That was the longest bath I ever had but it was all worth it and I have made up my mind to have that conversation with Sora.

 

When dinner time came, Sora approached me in the kitchen.

“Sora, can we talk?” I asked but then I noticed that she had an unpredictable expression on her face.

“Are you alright? Did something happen?” I asked her.

“I just received a call from Mom,” she sat down beside me “it’s about my daddy…”

“What happened?” I was utterly worried but still hoping for the best.

“His situation is getting critical,” her eyes were teary “and they said he might not make it the next month…” she sobbed.

“Oh my God,” I hugged her “I’m so sorry… I wish there was something—“

“He asked for one last thing that could make him happy,”

“What is it?”

“He wanted to see me getting married… so we have to move the wedding next week.”