Laugh

From U

“OW!” I shouted when I felt the impact. I touched the back of my head and there were trickles of blood.

It wouldn’t need a genius to figure out what and who caused that pain. I turned around and walked back to the rocky area. And just in time, the reckless rock-throwing guy was walking away with his head down. I could tell that he was not aware of the rock that hit my head… but I couldn’t just let him hurt me two times already today! I picked up the rock that hit my head and followed him.

 

Sure he’s bigger than me but I’d take my chances. It’s not that I’m going to pick a fight… I just wanted to have a word with him and tell him the damage he did to me since this morning. I walked fast and tried to catch up with him. We reached a muddy area and I managed to walk ahead of him.

“Hey,” I started to say as I blocked myself in the middle of his way.

The troubled guy continued to walk towards me without paying any attention… and bumped me again like he did that morning!

But this time, we both fell on the ground. It would be okay for me to be bumped twice a day by a random raging stranger… but that day I wore white pants and a white shirt!

“My clothes!” I gasped.

Our faces were dipped in the mud. My white clothes looked grimy and his temper worsened because of what happened.

“WHY THE HELL WERE YOU BLOCKING THE WAY?!” he stood up and shouted at me “LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!”

“I- I didn’t mean to…” I remained on the ground and looked up at him.

The moment I saw all those mud on his face, I couldn’t help but to laugh loud. I always had that crazy little laugh that I couldn’t change and control especially when I find something extremely funny. He looked down at me and positioned his fist to hit me on the head. I said a little prayer… but I still couldn’t stop laughing. The mud on his face looked like a huge Italian mustache it looked funny with his features.

 

I readied myself for the punch… but it never came. I looked up at him and he was just staring at me with his fist still aimed at me. When I saw his muddy face again, the roars of my laughter couldn’t be stopped! After a while, his face contorted… and then he started to smile. At that time, I saw him differently. I stood up and pointed towards his face.

He stopped smiling, frowned then charged at me again. I panicked and took a step back.

“Hey I—“ I started to say but then tripped over my own feet so I fell down on the muddy ground again.

 

More mud splashed over the both of us… and without reason, I laughed again. I was surprised when he started to laugh with me. He pointed towards my face as he laughed until his cute eyes turned into two slits below his eyebrows. He looked really attractive... and I couldn’t explain what I felt that moment. He reached out his hand and helped me to stand up. I wanted to introduce myself but he turned around and walked away.

With that weird feeling inside my chest, I looked at the rock in my hand and noticed that it was almost heart-shaped.