The Return

From U

“Kangin!?” I stupidly asked.

 

He just stood there by the doorstep. It took a whole minute as I stared at him. Kangin. He still looked the same. Well, he grew of course, but he was still the muscular guy that I remembered. He smiled at me with that adorable smile that I missed for years. And he stared at me with those raccoon eyes that looked more attractive now with his matured face.

“Teukie, are you alright?” he gently asked with that voice that snapped me back into reality “I know I look fat, but trust me, it’s not fat! I just have—“

“You have big bones, I know!” I rolled my eyes “you big idiot. Do you have a scheduled appointment for today?”

 

I kept a poker face on, but inside I wanted to run to him, hit him on the head for disappearing for years and then hug him tight. A few years back, I even prepared a long and dramatic speech in case he shows up again. That speech contained lots of complains about how I almost didn’t graduate because of him. I swore to myself that time that I would hate that raccoon in case he comes back.

 

 

I never expected that it would turn out differently. Here I stood while Kangin casually walked towards me as if he owned the place. I turned my back on him and pretended to be the busy manager that I usually was.

“Teukie, I know you’re mad at me...” he gently spoke again when he reached me.

I was determined to give him a cold shoulder. But then he s his arms around my waist… like the way he used to.

“I’m sorry my angel…” Kangin whispered in my ear.

There were chills across my spine. I only heard him use that deep whisper every time he did something very wrong to me. It’s a surefire way of making me forgive him.

“Shut up” I said “I feel fat in your arms, not just big bones!”

“HEY!” Kangin squeezed me tighter “stop messing around Teukie!”

“I’ll call security if you don’t release me!” I threatened as I laughed.

“I already got pass your security, old man!” he boasted “there’s nothing they can do if I hostage you right now!”

 

Kangin lifted me up on his shoulder and he started to waltz right out the door. I squirmed and tried to pull myself back down but it was no use. He used to pick me up like that all the time back then and occasionally I manage to escape his grips. But now it seemed that he grew way stronger I couldn’t do anything! Kibum stared as a muscular stranger dragged his boss away. My assistant picked up the phone instantly to call security, but when he saw that I was laughing while squirming, he knew I was okay.

“Stop struggling there, we’re just going out for lunch. I’m hungry.”

 

 

He treated me lunch that day. I couldn’t fully absorb it yet… we ate, we talked, and we laughed like it was only last week when we met in detention room. Nothing changed between us! I didn’t ask him about why disappeared. Some other time we’ll talk about that, I thought to myself, he’s back now and that’s what matters.

 

 

We went back up to my office at about 1:30pm, and Sora was there. She looked surprised when he saw Kangin, and then she glared at me.