Monkey and Fishy

From U

My heart skipped a beat with that statement… and my stupid response was a crazy little laugh. I knew he was just teasing me, but it seemed like he really did love my laugh because he smiled so cutely again after hearing it. Well, I never thought detention would be this fun! But before I knew it, the bell rang. I fixed my bag for a while and when I turned around, Kangin left already.

“You look happy,” Hyuk said when I arrived home after almost an hour.

“I’ve been sent to detention,” I said with a smile “detention at college.”

“You’ve been in detention, and you’re happy about it?”

“I made a friend today, that’s why I’m happy!” I simply said.

 

That night, there was a knock on our door. I was just at the receiving area so I answered it. There was a sad boy at the doorstep holding a fishbowl.

“Donghae,” I greeted him “what brings you here? And why the long face?”

“It’s Nemo…” he mumbled and showed me the fishbowl. There was a small orange fish inside, floating awkwardly at the surface of the water.

“Hae!” my cousin appeared behind me and greeted his best friend.

“Hyukkie!” Hae let himself inside the house and showed my cousin the dead fish that he brought. Hyuk gasped in surprise and hugged Hae.

 

 

The two have been best of friends ever since they met each other at kindergarten. Donghae loved fishes, Hyuk loved monkeys and they’re both addicted to milk. To comfort his best friend, Hyuk insisted that Hae spend the night there and asked if we could watch movies in my room.

“He’s under a lot of pain right now hyung,” Hyuk said so I agreed.

 

It rained hard that night, and after finishing three movies, the both of them drifted off to sleep. I watched as they cuddled in each other’s arms like there’s no tomorrow. As I was about to doze off, I heard a knock on the door. I went downstairs and opened it. My jaw dropped when I saw Kangin on the doorstep soaked wet to the bones. I instantly pulled him inside the house and gave him dry clothes to change into. He said he had a fight with his hyung so he decided to leave for the night but he got caught in the rain so he searched for my house. I comforted him and offered him to spend the night there, since my cousin had a friend over too. He smiled happily and thanked me.

 

The four of us comfortably lied down in my room but I remained awake. I could feel Kangin’s breathing beside me and it sent chills across my spine. He’s deep asleep, he wouldn’t know if I hold his hand I said to myself as I slowly reached. He pulled away. I reached again. But then he pulled away again. He gently opened his eyes and looked at me.

“Why? You don’t like it?” I whispered.

“It’s not that,” he pulled himself to a sitting position “they might wake up…”

I sat up too and faced him. I took his hand and placed it on my chest “You’re in here.”

We looked at each other with meaningful gazes. My heartbeat was pounding loudly as he stood up and pushed me against the wall. Our faces were inches away... I could feel his breath against mine as he leaned closer… so I closed my eyes when he whispered “you’re my destiny…”