The Diva

From U

“Jungsoo!” Professor Choi was surprised when I entered the detention room the next day.

“Professor!” I was surprised to see him there as well.

“Why’re you here?” he asked “you were only brought here for a day.”

“Oh, uhm… the canteen’s always full of people, professor. So I figured it would be more convenient if I eat my lunch here. I always clean up the room afterwards.”

“That’s quite against the rules,” he scratched the back of his head “but since you said you always clean up, I’ll hold you to your word.”

“So, can I stay here during lunch time?” I happily asked.

“Sure,” he nodded “it’s not every day a student begs permission to stay in detention room. Anyways,” he said before leaving the room “erase the board before you start eating, okay?”

“Okay sir,” I nodded back and watched as he closed the door behind him.

 

I placed my bag on my seat then walked toward the whiteboard. That room already felt comfortable for me so I didn’t feel bad at all that I was asked to clean it up. As I was reaching up to erase the writings at the top, I felt arms gently wrapping across my waist. I looked back and saw Kangin smiling at me.

“Thank you for staying with me yesterday, Teukie…” he whispered in my ear. He didn’t let go and continued to hug me.

“No need to thank me like I said,” I chuckled “did your hyung notice?”

“Nope,” he happily said “he was too busy with his own looks to worry about my face.”

I smiled and decided to just continue erasing the board. Kangin still clung behind me as I finished the last writings. We ate lunch at the professor’s table. We cleaned the table afterwards and went back to our respective seats. I was curious why there weren’t other students being thrown in detention, but at the same time I was thankful coz we had the room for ourselves.

 

“What are you doing there?” he asked after I took out some books.

“Reviewing,” I said “just in case we’ll have a quiz or something.”

“Can you teach me that?” he pointed towards one of my notes.

 

It was surprising to see someone who hated school taking interest in learning my notes from classes. At first I thought he was just playing around and pretending to be listening to me, but then he asked questions and even copied some key points of the lessons. Kangin was a fast learner ‘cause he already understood the topic right away. If he was at my class, I would feel a bit intimidated. A few seconds later, the door opened.

 

“I didn’t want to do this but you leave me with no choice,” came the voice of a professor who taught the Seniors. He was pulling at a student’s arm.

 

The student tried to pull her arm back, as if she was going to die just by stepping inside the room. After much protest, she peeped her head through the door frame. She looked pretty with those huge eyes and perfect shoulder-length black hair.

“Okay Professor Hankyung, I’ll stay here.” She suddenly spoke.

She was a HE.

I nearly fell off my seat.