Struck, not by love

That Man

"Babe.." I turned my head to look at who was it that called me babe.

"Mwoeyo?" answered Park Shim Yi, the makeup artist, and stood up to go to her boyfriend. I laughed hilariously in my head. Who in the world would ever call me babe? Exactly.  Nobody.

I arrived early today, alone. I finished all my office work early and dashed off to the SBS Building to start organizing Kyuhyun's wardrobe. 

His choices of attire for Radio Star seems to matter more than any other programs.  The production team has made it into a requirement for him to put on smart casual attires. As fans could see, he usually wears buttoned shirts with a bow or a tie, or just something formal.  Since this is my first time at the Radio Star set, I thought I should get here early and familiarize myself with everything. I just love this job.

Apparently other staffs were there too. So, I wasn't alone.

"Where's Kyuhyun-shi, Mira-ya?" asked another staff. He was in charged of the scripts or cue cards Kyuhyun uses. I supposed he saw me and thought Kyuhyun was here too. Perhaps he wanted to go through the guide lines with Kyuhyun.

"Not sure, Baekgi-shi. Either he is at SM or in his house," I smiled and continued to look through the rack of clothes I get to choose from.

"Jinja?" he asked and I turned to look at him with a confused expression on my face and adjusted the rims of my glasses. What do you mean by 'jinja?' ? "Aniyo.." he laughed and explained.  "You two are always together.  I got curious seeing you alone today".

"Ahh.." I laughed too and looked down to my shoes.  "We're not always together.  It's just that we travel to sites using the company's van. So, yeah..". I now realized that the other staffs don't travel with their idol. But that's only because they aren't assigned to one. They are hired for a certain program, whereas for me, I'm hired to assist Kyuhyun in everything. Really, my job exceeds the job of a personal stylist. Bizzare, I know.

But the way Baekgi-shi said it just now sounds like.. Nah. Can't be.

"Speak of the devil," Baekgi-shi said and he shoved his ringing phone to me. The screen read Kyuhyun's name on it. Wae.. Why did he give it to me?

"Yoboseyo.. Ne, Kyuhyun-shi. I.. Aniyo.. Ne.. Ne.. Ne ne.. Arasso. Ara..Arasso!" I shrieked and ended the conversation. That last part of 'araso' made Baekgi-shi a little bit shocked.  I just gave him a grin and returned his phone. He looked at me with a suspicious look and smirked as he walked away.

Without even bothered to say 'hello' and put his manners aside, Kyuhyun nagged me about not answering his calls and why I didn't wait for him so that we could leave together for the SBS Building. That man can really nag. Psk.

Not long after that, Kyuhyun arrived and he barged into the dressing room, as usual. He greeted everyone in the room except for me. Fine. And so I ignored him too.

Baekgi-shi finished briefing him about the guidelines for the show tonight and I saw him got up from his seat. Shim Yi eonnie had finished putting makeup on him and styled his hair. What's left was for him to put his attire on.

"Long time no see.." he crept behind me and whispered, sending a blow of breeze that went down my neck and raised some of my hair. His amazingly fresh warm scent that I allow to tease my nose curled up into the atmosphere and brighten it.  "Why did you leave me? Huh?!" I could feel him clenching his teeth. You creeper!

I turned to him and shoved his attire to his chest. Thump!

"Get use to it,"  I whispered back. I didn't want the others to notice our little cute fight,  between an idol and a stylist. Things had already looked suspicious,  at least to Baekgi-shi, and I have no means to make things look sensational. But he wasn't making it easy. He kept on inching closer to me. What is this man up to? Not only do I feel worried if the others would notice, I also feel that my heart is about to explode. Every time his skin brushes mine, there's this feeling that creeps through the inside of me. I felt happy. I felt crazy happy.

"Get use to what?" he whispered again and grabbed not only the hangers of the clothes but also my hands that were hanging onto the two heangers. But this time I didn't answer him as my eyes were glued to the main entrance of the dressing room.

"Jaybeom-shi!" a lot of voices were welcoming Jay into the room. I knew he would come here, I just didn't realize when he got here.

He smiled to the others but there seems to be a different look in his eyes. Was I too close to Kyuhyun? I know he wouldn't like that. But..

Kyuhyun went towards Jay and gave him a bro hug. They talked and I felt relieved. Jay's wierd look he gave me earlier had vanished as he seemed happy and cheerful kidding around with Kyuhyun.


The boys had gone for the recording. I was left alone in the dressing room. I rested my head on the dressing table, letting my hair dropped to a free-style on the dresser counter.

I thought about what had happened earlier. The minute I saw Jay just now, I started to become like a stone. Lifeless. I was so worried if he ever discovers my feelings for Kyuhyun. I have no idea how he would react. He might be surprised. He might be angry, devasted, but definitely not forgiving.

This is why I really wouldn’t want Jay to see me getting close or being close to Kyuhyun. Plus, I saw how he was the other day when I rejected him and I never want to see him like that again. I'm torn.

But he did see me and I wondered what went through his mind? Why am I so worried? Maybe he didn’t mind at all. He did seemed okay when Kyuhyun talked to him. But he also did completely ignored me. Argh headache!

"Babe.."

"Ne?" I answered without thinking when I heard somebody's voice pierced through the quiet room. As usual,  I face-palmed my inner mind.  Yah! It must be Shim Yi eonnie's boyfriend again. "Shim Yi eonnie is not.." my sentence ended it self, for there stood a man in a stripe shirt staring at me. 

"You're here.." I said melancholy. Did he just addressed me as 'babe'? Did Jaybeom just called me his babe? I think my ears are playing games on me.

Surprised by his presence I just sat there without moving an inch. I blinked my eyes several times wondering what is this man with stars tattooed on his neck doing here.

"I ran from the recording. Told them I had to pee," he laughed and walked closer to me. "We're gonna go for that dinner with Kyuhyun later, okay?" he asked and swept my bangs away from my forehead.

"We.. We are?" I asked stupidly. He just nodded and started to smile. He bent down and got closer to my face slowly, slowly. I'm pretty sure he was about to kiss me when suddenly,  the voice of the set manager was heard shouting his name. Probably looking for him.

He clicked his tongue and looked annoyed.  "I'll see you later, okay?" he slowly patted my back and walked away. 

I sat there dumbfounded. Trying to digest what just happened. Jay is so natural when it comes to being romantic,  unlike me. I'll just play the part of the geeky-looking dumbfounded girlfriend who doesn't seem to match well to an awesome boyfriend.  Yup. That's my role. Sighs..

I played with my folded hands, swirling the thumbs in circles, as I waited for Kyuhyun to get on the van.  I was anxious. He didn't say much in the dressing room after the recording. He just told me to gather the stuff and wait for him in the van. I guess he is having one of his mood swings. Will it be another rollercoaster ride like the last time?

So we are going for dinner. The three of us. Awkward. Jay told Kyuhyun and I to meet him there as he'll be going by himself. Thus, here I am waiting for Kyuhyun. 

I saw him from a distance as he walked towards the van, accompanied by several man. He had on a white T and his skinny black jeans, but no smile on. In fact, it looked like he was frowning.

He got on the van and closed his eyes, ignoring every living thing. Now what?

The journey to the restaurant was the quietest ever. He didn't move an inch and I dare not say a thing. Something tells me something is not quite right. In my mind, I shuddered like a million times.

The restaurant was just down the road, but the van stopped for we were caught in traffic. 

"Wae?" suddenly came out from his mouth. His eyes were still closed. Is he sleep talking? And why the sudden wae? Hokshi..

"Mwoeyo?" I asked ever so politely,  scared that I might trigger this time-bomb at any moment.

The van started to move again and he finally opened his eyes. They were slightly red.

"Why didn't you tell me you are with him?" he asked and I felt like I have been struck by lighting.  Andwae. Andwae! The one thing I do not want to ever happen is happening now. Jay must've told him just now.

Every part of my emotion nerves are tingling. Angry, nervous,  frighten, confused,  sad. All were mixing well with each other, like a bowl of bibimbap. I thought I made it clear to jay that I didn't want people to know about us. Not at least until we were sure about our own feelings. Did he just ditched that and decided this on his own.

I really don't know if I should be pissed with Jay or worry about Kyuhyun. I'm trapped! Naragago sipeo~

He turned and looked at me. He looked into my eyes, wanting an answer, when his phone suddenly rang.

"Oh. We're almost there. Ne. Geokjong hajima.. Your girlfriend is safe with me. Ne," he ended the call and looked outside the window, for a long time. I can see his jaws twitching.

I just died a little.