Greener

That Man

“Please get  in, Jay-shi,”  I said once I opened the door to my apartment.

“Ne, don’t mind if I do..” he took off his cap and entered.

We had dinner together as he promised to bring along something good to eat. I sure ate a lot. Could be because of the long walk to my apartment. I felt kind of bad for letting Kyuhyun down. He really wanted to send me back home. I don’t know why, but I felt guilty of something. Plus, I also declined his dinner offer. The only way for me to overcome that feeling was to walk home.

I thought a lot about what happened today on the walk home. I thought about what I was doing, my job, my life. I thought about Kyuhyun. I thought about Jay. I thought about what Eun Shi told me yesterday. Ahh.. michi michi michi..

“You must had a long day..” I suddenly heard Jay said. I must be dazing and he realized that. I let out a small laugh and put my chopsticks down. I drank the vitamin water Kyuhyun gave me earlier in the morning quickly and some drops spilled onto my shorts. “Aishhii.. You should be careful. Drink slowly,” he said while taking his napkin and wiping the drops of water off my shorts.

“Mianhe..” I said.

“Mwoeo?”  he looked puzzled. “I should be the one apologizing to you.” He ran his fingers through his hair and rubbed his neck as if they were tense.

“Gwaenchana yo?” I looked at him and asked. I was a little concerned because he had a remorseful look on his face.

“Mira-shi..” he leaned forward and looked at me. “Mian,” he said and looked down. He said he wouldn’t have tweeted the selfie yesterday if he had known what an impact it would have become. He was really sorry for the negative comments I received and apologized.  

I told him that I didn’t really pay attention to the comments and understood how netizens, especially, Jwalkers felt. He smiled and nodded.

We were both at the balcony with our drinks in our hands. My apartment may not be worth a lot, but it sure has a million dollar view. Appa must really loved this house. He didn’t want to move to Jeju-do at first, but omma convinced him and so they moved. He would have sold this apartment, but I guess he loves it too much.

“You know what? You are the kind to have relationships with celebrities,” Jay said and took a sip from his drink. I turned to look at him. What is he talking about? I raised my browse and then frowned. He laughed a faint laugh. “What I mean is that, by the way you said you understood how fans would react and didn’t really pay attention to what they say, you seem to understand us celebrities well. I’m sure that if you were to have a relationship with one, it’ll be smooth sailing,” he said.

“Psk. No one can be too sure of that. Especially me..” I said in a low voice but loud enough that Jay heard. He asked me what I mean by that. I told him I shouldn’t be the one talking about relationships, for all I had was a ship that I sailed by myself. Like Kyuhyun, he too couldn’t believe that I never had boyfriend or was in any relationship. Is it that surprising? I’m only 23 years old and I’ve got so much time on me to be looking for one.

“Are you looking for one?” he asked and looked at me in a scary way that I laughed at him. “I am..” he said and I immediately stopped laughing. He kept his eyes on me.

“Y..you are?” I stammered.

“Yeah. But it’s a little hard. I might get her, I might not get her,” he said as he shrugged his shoulders and took another sip of his drink. I looked at him and wondered why in the world any female not want a guy like him.

I gave him a smile. “You’ll get her,” I said and bumped my shoulder to his, as a sign of support. “You’ll get any girl you want,” I said and sipped my drink. I didn’t realize that Jay was looking at me and smiled.

We were standing so close to each other that I could feel his phone vibrated in his pockets. He took out his phone and swiped the screen. My eyes widen as I looked at his homescreen wallpaper.

I huffed a small laugh. “You made that into your wallpaper?” I said and took his phone from him to take a closer look. “O wae..”

“You looked too cute, I couldn’t resist,” he laughed and took his phone back. “Should we take another one?” he said and pressed the camera button. I looked at him with a concern look and bit my lips. “Don’t worry.. This one is for me. I won’t tweet it, upload it, share it, or what so ever,” he said and put his hand up, as if he just swear to God and hope to die.

I agreed and we both posed. As he tapped on the button, he pulled me closer to him and kissed my cheeks. I was stunned and was in awe. I turned to look at him in disbelief. “Too cute..” he said and went inside with a grin on his face.

I don’t know if I should beat him to death or just accept what he did and continued living. Again, he did something without my consent. But I wasn’t really angry either. Really, I was puzzled. He left not long after that.

 I fell onto my bed and just laid there staring at the ceiling, wondering what’s going to happen next, when my phone vibrated. Yeah, I know what’s going to happen next.

 

Cho Kyuhyun

Sorry for disturbing. I know we don’t have

anything scheduled tomorrow, but I just

want to remind you that we haven’t finished

taking the measurements. You don’t want to

get fired, remember?

 

Psk. He really didn’t have to remind me. Must be something else. I replied asking him if he is bored and is that why he texted me.

 

Cho Kyuhyun

Aniyo.. wae gurae.. I just am concern

you might lose your job because of

that. You said so yourself. Jinja.

 

Puh-lease.. I could even sense a smirk on his face as he tried to hide a laugh. I replied saying that I get it and thanked him for his humble reminder.

 

Cho Kyuhyun

Ne ne. don’t mention it. Aaa.. I was just wondering

what Jayboem said and why he wanted to see

you. You know.. just curious.

 

I knew it. That was the real reason he texted in the first place. I could just imagine his cheeky devilish smile. I replied saying that he apologized. And he kissed me. He wanted to know so much, didn’t he? So, there.

As I expected, there weren’t any more text messages.

Ige musuen iriya iroke juhuen nare..

There goes my ringtone. Kyuhyun is on the line. I shut my eyes and took a deep breath.

Braise myself.